15360 x 2880

15360 x 2880 = 3 (5120 x 2880) Is this possible and can it be used for gaming? Does any one have it? If so, prove it and I will call you Sensei and render what ever homage you demand.

2 minutes ago, James15360 said:

15360 x 2880 = 3 (5120 x 2880) Is this possible and can it be used for gaming? Does any one have it? If so, prove it and I will call you Sensei and render what ever homage you demand.

What a first post lol

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Probably possible, can be used for gaming? Doubtful.  Games & NVIDIA would have to support 3-4 way titan XP for it to be remotely viable. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Just now, Lays said:

Probably possible, can be used for gaming? Doubtful.  Games & NVIDIA would have to support 3-4 way titan XP for it to be remotely viable. 

I mean you could play really low end games. 15K surround Super Hexagon, anyone? 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Just now, Spork829 said:

With the "DOOM Retro" source port of the classic game, I get around 1200 fps according to the in-game counter at 1080p. That's probably surround-able at that super high res. Lol.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

7 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Minecraft might start to stutter

Technically it is possible I can't see why not. But the bezel is just unbearable

2 minutes ago, Emberstone said:

With the "DOOM Retro" source port of the classic game, I get around 1200 fps according to the in-game counter at 1080p. That's probably surround-able at that super high res. Lol.

My favorite example of this is an awesome little mobile game called Duet that was added to steam recently. I get about 4000 FPS.

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Minecraft might start to stutter

Minecraft is always a really bad representation of power because of how finicky and weird it is, though. It would probably stutter then and again on a 1080/6950X at 720p. 

Yeah, you can. Probably even with a RX 480 ... basically anything that has 3 displayports or something capable of that resolution.

But that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get decent framerates.

Linus just did a video where he played on 4 monitors and some games were definitely playable:

your resolution should be about the same (or less, too lazy to multiply width and height to get the number of pixels) workload for a video card (or couple of video cards)

ps. yeah so 3840 x 2160 x 4 = ~ 33 megapixels. your 3  x 5120x2880 is about ~44 megapixels ... not that much of an increase compared to what's in video.

18 minutes ago, James15360 said:

Pentium D + Radeon 3450 = CS:GO at 15K 60fps.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Pentium D + Radeon 3450 = CS:GO at 15K 60fps.

CS:GO isn't that light of a game, though. Lower end computers from just 4 or 5 years ago can barely run it at 1080.

1 minute ago, Spork829 said:

CS:GO isn't that light of a game, though. Lower end computers from just 4 or 5 years ago can barely run it at 1080.

Clearly, those players forgot to turn their monitors on.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

4 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

CS:GO runs on on integrated graphics. It may not go much farther than 60hz but it does play it at 1080@60.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ARikozuM said:

CS:GO runs on on integrated graphics. It may not go much farther than 60hz but it does play it at 1080@30.

Yeah. I should have specified that by "lower end" I meant without a GPU. 

1) no it's not possible, each of those monitors requires 2x displayport connectors, you would need a special matrox or nvs card to even run them, which would only be able to run basic video playback and show spreadsheets and stuff, not game.

2) even with the most powerful gaming GPUs in the world currently you cannot play games at 60fps at that resolution (unless you enjoy low settings with lots of microstuttering).

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) no it's not possible, each of those monitors requires 2x displayport connectors, you would need a special matrox or nvs card to even run them, which would only be able to run basic video playback and show spreadsheets and stuff, not game.

2) even with the most powerful gaming GPUs in the world currently you cannot play games at 60fps at that resolution (unless you enjoy low settings with lots of microstuttering).

What about putting in a card just to get more display port outputs? would that work to power that resolution?

Titan XP SLI = 6 Displayports

GTX 1050 for expansion = 3 More display ports

That's enough for his monitors

I do agree with you on the FPS though. No playable framerates with decent graphics are achievable on a 15K display

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Hmm... could you SLI 2 cards? Then you would have 6 DPs, but you'd have to split a display half on one card and half on the other, which I don't think would work. 

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

What about putting in a card just to get more display port outputs? would that work to power that resolution?

Titan XP SLI = 6 Displayports

GTX 1050 for expansion = 3 More display ports

That's enough for his monitors

I do agree with you on the FPS though. No playable framerates with decent graphics are achievable on a 15K display

Hmm... could you SLI 2 cards? Then you would have 6 DPs, but you'd have to split a display half on one card and half on the other, which I don't think would work. 

It's not only about how many ports you have, it's about how many displays you can tile in software.

You need an NVS card for running more than 4 displays at a time for nvidia.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

It's not only about how many ports you have, it's about how many displays you can tile in software.

You need an NVS card for running more than 4 displays at a time for nvidia.

Wait, seriously? I guess GTX cards have more than 4 ports purely for flexibility, then.

Wait, seriously? I guess GTX cards have more than 4 ports purely for flexibility, then.

Yes, so you can use different types of cables with different monitors.

I wish they would just remove the DVI already and make them single slot :)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Yes, so you can use different types of cables with different monitors.

I wish they would just remove the DVI already and make them single slot :)

What's the point? The cooler will still take up 2 slots regardless.

3 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

What's the point? The cooler will still take up 2 slots regardless.

Put a waterblock on it and it looks really slick.

It doesn't make it completely single slot, but I wouldn't use two GPUs anyways. It just looks better when it is one slot.

Image result for ares 3

Image result for one slot gpu watercooled

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

It doesn't make it completely single slot, but I wouldn't use two GPUs anyways. It just looks better when it is one slot.

That's a fair point. Although I don't think we should faze out DVI just because it would be nicer if it were single slot. 

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Sometimes you really need analog... /s

Single slot fan coolers would have to be really good for the higher tier cards.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers