Logitech G402 or G502?

Laggger164

What do you guys think I should get? The G402 costs about 52€ and the G502 Spectrum 65€, the Core costs a bit less.

I had 2 really cheap mice, one died and the other one is dying. I need a proper mouse for mainly FPS gaming. I do not want to upgrade to a 4K screen anytime soon, so I dont need the ginormous DPI of the G502. However the extra buttons would be nice.

Do you guys think it's worth it?

I am using g402 but would recommend a 502

Just now, paprikman said:

Get g502 core, the shape is pure orgasm.

Can confirm. I've owned one for two years now.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

The G502 is way too heavy, so the weight is very likely going to bother you if you are playing FPS games with low sensitivity. It's generally a pretty overrated mouse in this forum, so if you don't need the few extra buttons it has and the free-spin scroll wheel (which is very clunky and wobbly thanks to that), get the G402. Not to mention the G402 has a nice rubber coated cable, which is a better option than the braided one on the G502.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

It's just that both of them are still pretty expensive...

I am sure that I wouldn't mind the weight, the extra thumb rest or whatever it is called, would be a plus as well as the buttons. It would also mean that I wouldnt need to upgrade for a LONG time.

I want to get a wired gaming mouse and then after a few years maybe a wireless mouse like the MX master. Yes I know it is expensive, but by then I will have the money and use for it.

I now have both. Get the G502. It has more buttons to program to whatever you shall desire, you can add/remove weight, change the weight distribution, and a braided cable, which the G402 doesn't have.

Plus, the G502 has that "free" mouse wheel thingy.

And

1 hour ago, paprikman said:

the shape is pure orgasm.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Also, since I do have the G910 cuz YOLO. I think the G502 Proteus Spectrum would be a nice way to complete the set!

So almost everyone says the G502 is the better buy. It is expensive tho... (yeah like if the G910 wasn't right?)

as the g402 I ordered just arrived, it is a pretty decent mouse for the first glance, but long and small. I ordered a mionix naos 3200 too, almost a tad better IMHO.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

I am the user of the G502 non-rgb version and it fits my large hand easily, i tried the G402 but it a tad small for me

as my FPS game Mechwarrior Online needs accuracy, i used all the weights given and set my dpi to the lowest value and mid way for the highest.

bind some macro on the side buttons for Ultra Autocannon spamming

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

1 hour ago, dragoon20005 said:

I am the user of the G502 non-rgb version and it fits my large hand easily, i tried the G402 but it a tad small for me

as my FPS game Mechwarrior Online needs accuracy, i used all the weights given and set my dpi to the lowest value and mid way for the highest.

bind some macro on the side buttons for Ultra Autocannon spamming

Thanks for the tip! I will keep that in mind.

Also, does anybody think that it could be good for work? Like video editing, 3D modelling, stuff like that.

I dont want to do any of those things frequently. Maybe once or twice a month, but I just want an opinion.

I would go with the 502. It is a great mouse, while I don't use one myself, I have used my friend's and it was great. Also, it is on sale for $60 on Amazon right now.

11 hours ago, Laggger164 said:

Thanks for the tip! I will keep that in mind.

Also, does anybody think that it could be good for work? Like video editing, 3D modelling, stuff like that.

I dont want to do any of those things frequently. Maybe once or twice a month, but I just want an opinion.

I use a 502 on my desktop and the 602 on my desktop. For video editing theyre great. Macro some keys that are not binded and off I go. For serious work though, I like the 602 over the 502 because the bulk of the buttons are on the side, but the 502 has a gshift which allows for a second set of macros to be binded to every button on the mouse. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 hour ago, Scruffy90 said:

I use a 502 on my desktop and the 602 on my desktop. For video editing theyre great. Macro some keys that are not binded and off I go. For serious work though, I like the 602 over the 502 because the bulk of the buttons are on the side, but the 502 has a gshift which allows for a second set of macros to be binded to every button on the mouse. 

Wait, I have never heard of Gshift. 

That will be pretty cool! Thanks, I didn't know that.

7 minutes ago, Laggger164 said:

Wait, I have never heard of Gshift. 

That will be pretty cool! Thanks, I didn't know that.

I didn't realize the 502 had it until I saw the toggle in the logitech gaming software. Having a second set of macros immediately available is great as long as you remember what you macroed to the second set. I use it in conjunction with a g710 keyboard and I now have too many available macros. lol

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

On 26/10/2016 at 9:35 AM, Pandalf said:

The G502 is way too heavy, so the weight is very likely going to bother you if you are playing FPS games with low sensitivity. It's generally a pretty overrated mouse in this forum, so if you don't need the few extra buttons it has and the free-spin scroll wheel (which is very clunky and wobbly thanks to that), get the G402. Not to mention the G402 has a nice rubber coated cable, which is a better option than the braided one on the G502.

Yes but Doesnt the g502 have adjustable weight distribution and personally i find the braided cable t feel more premium and durable...

9 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

Yes but Doesnt the g502 have adjustable weight distribution and personally i find the braided cable t feel more premium and durable...

The G502 is way too heavy even without the included weight.

Braided cables are usually much stiffer than rubber cables, have more resistance when rubbing against the mousepad and are prone to kinks. It's a marketing point to manufacturers, nothing else.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

On 27/10/2016 at 6:16 PM, Pandalf said:

The G502 is way too heavy even without the included weight.

Braided cables are usually much stiffer than rubber cables, have more resistance when rubbing against the mousepad and are prone to kinks. It's a marketing point to manufacturers, nothing else.

Still prefer the g502 with braided cable, anyway finding a mouse is a personnal quest that must done done by thyself