Xiaomi Mi Note 2’s curved screen and great specs will help you forget about the Note 7

Coaxialgamer

Your Note 7 replacement has arrived. No, it’s not from Samsung, it’s from Xiaomi, and it’s called Mi Note 2.

Unveiled minutes ago at a Beijing press event, the Mi Note 2 bears a striking resemblance to Samsung’s ill-fated Note 7, thanks to the curved edges of its screen. This is one of the first non-Samsung devices to feature an “edge” screen.

The Note 7 resemblance extends to the rounded fingerprint sensor, which appears to be embedded beneath the glass, just like on the recently announced Xiaomi Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus. The glass back of the Mi Note 2 is also curved, creating an eye-pleasing symmetrical design that converges into a metallic frame.

xiaomi-mi-note-2-4.jpg

The display of the Mi Note 2 is a 5.7-inch Quad HD OLED panel. This is likely the flexible display that leaked a few days ago, but you obviously won’t get to flex it, because it’s encapsulated in glass. Taking the curved edges into account, the Note 2’s screen to body ratio is 77.2%, a figure that’s held down by the sizeable top and bottom bezels.

Like other recent Xiaomi flagships, the Mi Note 2’s spec sheet is quite impressive. You get Snapdragon 821, the latest processor from Qualcomm, coupled with 4GB or 6GB of RAM and 64 or 128GB of flash storage (UFS 2.0) space. Powering everything is a beefy 4,070-mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0. Audiophiles will want to hear about the Aqstic audio processor, which offers 192KHz/24-bit Hi-Fi sound.

The rear camera boasts a whopping 22.56MP IMX 318 sensor from Sony, featuring electronic image stabilization (but not OIS) and hybrid (phase detection and contrast) autofocus, while the selfie camera is a f 2.0 8MP IMX 268.

xiaomi-mi-note-2-7.jpg

Xiaomi says the Note 2 features global LTE support for a total of 37 LTE bands supported.

As usual, Xiaomi is keeping the price of the Mi Note 2 at a very decent level, at least in China.

Here’s the breakdown:

4GB + 64GB: 2799 yuan (~$415)

6GB + 128GB: 3299 yuan (~$490)

6GB + 128GB Global: 3499 yuan (~$515)

It’s not clear yet what the “Global” variant is exactly or why it’s more expensive than the Chinese model of the same specs, but it’s possible that the difference lies in the configuration of the LTE modem.

Interesting .These flagship phones from asian companies usually tend to be very nice deals. I might take a look at it when it comes out .

source :http://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-mi-note-2-specs-features-price-release-724239/

Also @Mi26 , you might be interested by this

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Isn't that practically note 7 made by a chinese company and no pen? lol looks pretty cool

not really, the note 7 is still one of the best phones out there. but this might be a good replacement, but might get a pixel or an s7 for a note 7 replacement 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

awesome, i just oredered my XiaomiMi 4C for 120$ cant wait for it, the rest just make no sense in price and specs

Im all for getting more of the Chinese mfg in the US. I know Xiaomi has tried a few times but they dont seem to pick up steam. Our smartphone market is kind of solidifying into a handful of companies. You can kind of see it when Samsung had the recall and SO many people had their phones taken away. Maybe getting some more companies into the market will mean more competition, reducing some of the market shares, and getting us better features.

Though everyone is SUPER sketchy about "Chinese made" smartphones, even though all of them are made there it seems.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I think I want one. The screen may note be as good as the Note 5/7 but the battery is huge compared to my Note 5. I am curious if it has an SD slot. I want to see what MKBHD has to say about it.

I do not care about the S pen. I lost mine 9 months ago, I didn't even use it to begin with.

Just now, corsairian said:

I do not care about the S pen. I lost mine 9 months ago, I didn't even use it to begin with.

check inside your phone , it might have gotten stuck after you inserted it backwards /jk xD

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

check inside your phone , it might have gotten stuck after you inserted it backwards /jk xD

Lol. I was tempted to try that just to wave my phone around by the pen.. But seriously I lost it when going to get the mail and didn't realize it for a while. And it was never to be seen again.

On my note 3, the pen wouldn't even go in backwards.

The most important questions to ask about this phone.. Does it have a headphone jack and will it explode? lol

For a non android phone fan like me, i honestly thought it was the G7/GN7 at first glance... How does it compare to the Pixel I wonder?

No self destruction feature. Disappoint. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Looks incredible, but isn't the stylus a huge selling point to a lot of people regarding the Note phones?

I mean I can see why not having it would cut costs, but still.

Also the big problem with Xiaomi phones as well as other chinese phones is the camera, so we'll have to wait on a review for that one.

System: i7-4790K | Asus Maximus Formula VII | 16GB (4x4) Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | 2x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 | Thermalfake Core P3 | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (OS) | WD 1TB | EVGA G2 850W | Windows Non-Consentual 10

Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Samsung UN48JU6700

Sound: Sony STR-DN1050 receiver | Athena AS-B2 (Desk) | Sony SS-CS3 (TV area) | Sennheiser HD280 Pro (Mobile/Sound Recording)

Mobile: ZTE Axon 7

still double glass design, no go

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

At least this has true global LTE bands. I think it's the first Xiaomi phone to come with the mythical unicorn Band 17 for AT&T towers in the US! Props to them for that.

The phone doesn't have a QHD screen like the article quoted, sadly, but still an interesting device. I'll wait and see what the Mate looks like next week, otherwise I think this could be my phone for the following year. Depends what the camera looks like. They use an autofocus system similar to what's in the Pixel.

I wonder if anyone will make wraps for the back. I'd want to cover that glass with something else asap.

12 hours ago, silberdrachi said:

Im all for getting more of the Chinese mfg in the US. I know Xiaomi has tried a few times but they dont seem to pick up steam. Our smartphone market is kind of solidifying into a handful of companies. You can kind of see it when Samsung had the recall and SO many people had their phones taken away. Maybe getting some more companies into the market will mean more competition, reducing some of the market shares, and getting us better features.

Though everyone is SUPER sketchy about "Chinese made" smartphones, even though all of them are made there it seems.

The sketchy thing about Chinese phones is generally the software. Most of them don't natively support the Google Play Store, and can be filled with mal/spyware.

11 hours ago, corsairian said:

I think I want one. The screen may note be as good as the Note 5/7 but the battery is huge compared to my Note 5. I am curious if it has an SD slot. I want to see what MKBHD has to say about it.

No SD card slot, sadly. One of the only things I have against the phone, tbh.

But honestly with 128GB of space, should be more than enough.

1 hour ago, Magnetorheological said:

At least this has true global LTE bands. I think it's the first Xiaomi phone to come with the mythical unicorn Band 17 for AT&T towers in the US! Props to them for that.

I agree! Glad they finally have a true global phone. Their pricing and hardware has always interested me, but I refuse to use something that doesn't support every band my carrier does.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Still rocking Mi4 with Cm13, might get this one since I'm looking for a sizeable upgrade with LTE support if the price is below RM2k. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

10 hours ago, CRAlG said:

Looks incredible, but isn't the stylus a huge selling point to a lot of people regarding the Note phones?

I mean I can see why not having it would cut costs, but still.

Also the big problem with Xiaomi phones as well as other chinese phones is the camera, so we'll have to wait on a review for that one.

The camera is a Sony sensor so that wouldn't be a big issue 

2 minutes ago, Mi26 said:

A camera can have the best sensor and still be complete trash.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

I agree! Glad they finally have a true global phone. Their pricing and hardware has always interested me, but I refuse to use something that doesn't support every band my carrier does.

I excuse it if the phone is cheap, hence why I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 as a backup phone. HSPA+ is fast enough for my needs, but if you expect me to pay flagship prices for a phone, then proper LTE band support is a must.

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

The sketchy thing about Chinese phones is generally the software. Most of them don't natively support the Google Play Store, and can be filled with mal/spyware.

Agreed, but i just mean to the general public there is the chance they will see this and not want to buy it just because they assume it will have all the same issues. Though from what i understand Xiaomi has a really good track record of phones and supports them well.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

10 hours ago, Mi26 said:

That's somewhat reassuring but still the only thing that validates the camera IMO is reviews.

The specs on the hardware for cameras means almost as little as specs on a monitor in that respect (response time, dynamic contrast ratio, etc).

System: i7-4790K | Asus Maximus Formula VII | 16GB (4x4) Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | 2x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 | Thermalfake Core P3 | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (OS) | WD 1TB | EVGA G2 850W | Windows Non-Consentual 10

Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Samsung UN48JU6700

Sound: Sony STR-DN1050 receiver | Athena AS-B2 (Desk) | Sony SS-CS3 (TV area) | Sennheiser HD280 Pro (Mobile/Sound Recording)

Mobile: ZTE Axon 7

Don't like the rounded-rectangular home button (purely from a design standpoint). Since I dropped my Nexus 4 yesterday and broke the glass, I'm going to be buying a Redmi Note 3 Pro

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

16 hours ago, Magnetorheological said:

Band 12 for tmobile great to see also  almost always when i check out decent priced decent spec'd androids the bands of lte miss important ones for the usa

6 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

Don't like the rounded-rectangular home button (purely from a design standpoint. Since I dropped my Nexus 4 yesterday and broke the glass, I'm going to be buying a Redmi Note 3 Pro

There's the redmi note 4 with the helio x20 which in theory should be faster than the redmi note 3 with the snapdragon 650

16 minutes ago, Mi26 said:

There's the redmi note 4 with the helio x20 which in theory should be faster than the redmi note 3 with the snapdragon 650

I know. But I got the note 3 (32gb) for 160€, while a note 4 (64, it's that or 16) costs around 200€. I'm a college student who got the money from my parents as an early Xmas present emergency, 'cuz a Phone is neccesary. I'm not made out of money :) 'Wish I was, hahaha.

The only real (to me, real life scenario) improvement the Note 4 has is the expanded LTE support, but luckily for me, Mobile Vikings (the provider I use, love their name xD) uses 1800Mhz B3 which is supported, so all is well :)

In any case, even the Note 3 is a measurable improvement over my Nexus 4, while costing less than half as much. (162€ for the Note, and 350€ for the Nexus). 1080p, better (at least on paper) camera, higher clocked processor, doubled battery size, bigger screen etc etd. We'll see how it really is when it arrives, I paid an additional 9€ for DHL shipping from China, so it'll arrive within a week instead of the usual ~month.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube