Dell revealed the successor/refresh of Inspiron 15 7559 with minimal update

Dell held a press conference in China on last Sat (15/10) in Beijing, which showcased a lot of new products, like the newly refreshed XPS 13, or the new Inspiron 15 7560, and the successor of the Inspiron 15 7559, which is now available for purchase in several Asia countries and areas, like Hong Kong, China and Singapore.

CS1703G0002-laptop-inspiron-15-7000-gami

The successor of the 7559, which model number is 7566, is now called as the "Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming". It still features either an i5 6300HQ, or i7 6700HQ, with 4GB GTX 960m. Dell updated the notebook with a new chassis, which features new rear fan exhausts and front-firing speakers, DDR4 ram instead of DDR3L ram, and HDMI 2.0 instead of HDMI 1.4. You can also choose between red and black for the LCD back cover for the FHD/UHD screen. Unfortunately the wireless solution still seems to be the crappy 1x1 dual band 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2 solution, and there are no USB 3.1 gen 2, or Thunderbolt 3 port.

CS1703G0002-laptop-inspiron-15-7000-gami

The new machine is still maintenance-friendly as its predecessor, that u can access to the battery, HDD, Wi-Fi module, RAM slots and M.2 SSD via removing one screw on the one large maintenance cover at the bottom  At this moment it is still unknown if the new 7566 will support NVME SSD or not. 

Also, there is a 14" version of this laptop available in China, model number 7466, with a smaller 14" FHD or HD screen, and 4GB GTX 950m. 

The new 7566 priced from HKD $7999 (~$1030), with i5 6300HQ, FHD screen, either 4GB of ram with 128GB SSD & 500GB HDD, or 8GB of ram with 256GB SSD, up to HKD $10999 (~$1417) with i7 6700HQ, UHD screen, 256GB SSD+1TB HDD. It is still unknown when this laptop will be available in other area.

http://www.dell.com/hk/en/p/inspiron-15-7566-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC

http://tech.fanpiece.com/ifanr/從入門到旗艦-Dell一口氣亮相了多款筆記本-c1249278.html (in Chinese)

Inspiron 14 7466 (in Chinese)

http://china.dell.com/cn/p/inspiron-14-7466-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC 

*update: After digging into the Product Support page of the Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7566, I found this page....

Dell.jpg

So it support NVME ssd!~

http://www.dell.com/support/manuals/hk/en/hkdhs1/inspiron-15-7566-laptop/inspiron-15-7566-setup-specifications/Storage?guid=GUID-8A15369C-557A-42A8-A049-4A0122DDEEB6&lang=en-us

*update(2):

infoprovided by @GrayFox1991, this laptop is now available on Dell's UK site as well. Thx for the info~

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7566-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC

Sweet dealio! A coworker's son just picked up the old Inspiron 15 7559 model a few months ago and loves it.

Can't wait to see what particular configurations come to both Dell Canada and Dell US when it's finally available.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Are you serious? It doesn't have the GTX 1060 for notebooks?

If I was interested in gaming laptops, this would be a deal breaker.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Does not matter because the Graphics Card this laptop has and the previous ones are same.
GTX 960M

So whats the point of releasing this new product with old components specially those component which has major impact on the usage for which it was build for ( GAMING ).

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

sorry but it still has the 960m...

maybe Dell will upgraded the GPU with the CPU, I guess.....

This is basically just a refresh. Same CPU/GPU. Same battery. Slightly improved cooling system. More than likely the same screen. I don't imagine this will be released outside of China, since it'd be redundant.

1 minute ago, LucidMew said:

Is the m.2 port still a SATA drive? Still salty af about that.

unknown at this moment...

11 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

Is the m.2 port still a SATA drive? Still salty af about that.

update: it supports NVME ssd

http://www.dell.com/support/manuals/hk/en/hkdhs1/inspiron-15-7566-laptop/inspiron-15-7566-setup-specifications/Storage?guid=GUID-8A15369C-557A-42A8-A049-4A0122DDEEB6&lang=en-us

10 minutes ago, Questycasos said:

This is basically just a refresh. Same CPU/GPU. Same battery. Slightly improved cooling system. More than likely the same screen. I don't imagine this will be released outside of China, since it'd be redundant.

Just checked for en-gb, and the Dell website has been updated (prices and everything). Looks like everyone it going to get it.

I expect Dell found that the previous model sold particularly well, so though they could stretch out more profit without refreshing the parts.
Pretty sure that they have increased the price though, which seems like a bit of a dick move when it is using last years components.

4 minutes ago, snowComet said:

Cool. Glad dell is finally catching up with the times </bitter>

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

1 minute ago, GrayFox1991 said:

Just checked for en-gb, and the Dell website has been updated (prices and everything). Looks like everyone it going to get it.

I expect Dell found that the previous model sold particularly well, so though they could stretch out more profit without refreshing the parts.
Pretty sure that they have increased the price though, which seems like a bit of a dick move when it is using last years components.

Thx for letting us know. May I add this info into my post?

2 hours ago, snowComet said:

Thx for letting us know. May I add this info into my post?

Sure

5 minutes ago, GrayFox1991 said:

Sure

thx very much:)

still better than current and next MacBook Pro, tough i'm torn in picking up either the EVGA SC17 or the Samsung ChromeBook Pro as my next laptop to replace my MacBook Pro

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

So it's thicker, uglier, and more expensive? 

Why? 

Edit: I'll admit the grill on the back looks pretty clean, but they've destroyed the bezels for it. Not to mention it's as thicc and beetroot red as yo mama. 

- snip-

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Argh, they ruined the look.

Also Dell's pretty slow to update their hardware. I believe they skipped the GeForce 800 series for the Alienware laptops and it somehow annoyed me they did that.

to be fair, the 800 series was mostly rebranded 700 series with a higher clock speed......

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

If I was interested in gaming laptops, this would be a deal breaker.

If anything I would expect a 1050 at that price point, but still they should have waited. I believe the new 1050 is supposed to replace the old x60m place. I really like this new design, but the 1050 would have made so much more sense. Maxwell is over 2 years old now, we should not have new machines with it.

I can't be the only one wondering what this obsession is with gamer aesthetic.

Why anyone would want to see that thing on their desk is beyond me, and that seems to be the major change in this refresh.

What a pointless release.

System: i7-4790K | Asus Maximus Formula VII | 16GB (4x4) Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | 2x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 | Thermalfake Core P3 | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (OS) | WD 1TB | EVGA G2 850W | Windows Non-Consentual 10

Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Samsung UN48JU6700

Sound: Sony STR-DN1050 receiver | Athena AS-B2 (Desk) | Sony SS-CS3 (TV area) | Sennheiser HD280 Pro (Mobile/Sound Recording)

Mobile: ZTE Axon 7

• 1 month later...

I wonder when dell are going to release the 7566 to the North America

also the only difference I notice between the 7559 and the 7566 that is...

• DDR4 up to 32GB
  • better build quality and design 
  • supports NVME SSDs
  • better cooling