[UPDATE 2] NEW Red Dead Game teased?!

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Oh do I need to be saved now? Beg for forgiveness? Consoles are fucking shit. I happen to own shitty products (if you most know I didn't pay for the consoles, one is owned by a family member and one I won at a raffle) and happen to own a few games for them. I am allowed to own shitty products just as I am allowed to stuff my fucking face with donuts every day while being perfectly aware they're fucking junk food, unhealthy and bland tasting compared to other foods.

So much passive aggression in these posts. Did an Xbox personally hurt you? I get it, it sucks. However, you're throwing profanities around as if they're a thorn in your side. xD

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

There is plenty wrong with consoles: by the time RDR was out they were significantly behind PCs. But I already stated I own console and console games so this point is moot.

There's nothing wrong with me: you can't fucking tell me what I should and should not like. Since the very first reply I said that I never cared about cowboy bullshit. I didn't say that nobody should, I even game a plausible explanation of being culturally based taste (By not being an American I was never exposed as much to the cowboy tropes as many of you) but you can't just claim "Oh you're wrong if you don't like this thing I like"

This is fucking subjective shit we're talking about and I never gave you or anybody pause to think that I was stating cowboys are some sort of demonstrably bad genre or anything like that. I merely say I don't like the trope. Closet thing to a Cowboy movie you'll ever see me enjoy it's Jodorowsky's El Topo.

When you say something is "bullshit" and "retarded" you may as well be saying the genre is all bad.

You come across as a mexican insulting an aspect of American culture.  It's not a good look for you.  

Swearing at me doesn't help your position either so keep it up.  It just makes you look even more foolish.

Also, as I said before using "retarded" as an insult is unacceptable and offensive to differently abled people/those who live with disabilities so you're not deserving of any respect until you understand how badly you screwed up to use that term as an insult.  

27 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Oh do I need to be saved now? Beg for forgiveness? Consoles are fucking shit. I happen to own shitty products (if you most know I didn't pay for the consoles, one is owned by a family member and one I won at a raffle) and happen to own a few games for them. I am allowed to own shitty products just as I am allowed to stuff my fucking face with donuts every day while being perfectly aware they're fucking junk food, unhealthy and bland tasting compared to other foods.

Consoles were never meant to be compared to PCs.  They're intended for a different audience so go ahead and make biased comparisons.  That's great you prefer PC but it doesn't diminish PCs to not be a jerk about consoles.  So try that instead of shooting your mouth off.  Swearing is a sign of a weak argument.  If you had valid defensible points to make then you wouldn't be swearing and using petty insults.

So what if PCs are more powerful?  Does it affect the fun console users have?  No it doesn't.  There's plenty of PCs more powerful than yours or mine but you don't see me insulting other PCs or consoles just to be a jerk or make myself feel good or whatever reason is causing you to be so hostile.  

Edited by Bleedingyamato
Fixed spelling.

13 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

So much passive aggression in these posts. Did an Xbox personally hurt you? I get it, it sucks. However, you're throwing profanities around as if they're a thorn in your side. xD

That's what I'm confused about: great he doesn't like them but he's going after them like a PS3 burned down his house or an Xbox One got a nice job instead of him.  lol

I have both consoles and a PC I game on and I have fun playing games on both.  I'm not going to deprive myself of awesome console games just because I like PC games too.

It IS possible to enjoy both or just one or the other but regardless of what you like (console, PC, or both) it doesn't give you the right to so strongly insult and attack what you don't like.  In this case him attacking consoles for no good reason.  

29 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

You guys are blindly attacking this guy... All he said is that he doesn't like the cowboy theme. I personally don't like mech games/shows. Neither of these statements say that all cowboy stuff is bad or mech stuff is bad.

Also, all gamers should be tired of any form of exclusivity. Why can't we all enjoy the same shit on the platform we prefer?

If RDR comes to PC, I'd give it a legitimate shot. I don't think it will though, as Rockstar San Diego has a long history (also along their older Angel Studios alias) of working only on consoles, Midtown Madness and its sequel notwithstanding.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

38 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Consoles were never meant to be compared to PCs.  

Because you say so? PC gaming was born at the same fucking time in the early 80s and had very different titles than arcades or home consoles. So we've got 2 devices capable of gamings, with decades of overlap on the titles and types of titles available, but you don't want to compare them. Well good for you but comparissons are valid. Some people usually bother to point inherit advantages of consoles (those those keep getting fewer and far less pronounced as time goes on) instead of artificial ones like console exclusives (a.k.a. there's no good reason why modern games from the last 15 years or so can't all be on PC, other than devs not wanting to spend time or being flatout paid not to port to multiple systems)

So if you grab your game playing, TV watching, web browsing, file streaming, music playing, optical media playing, internet updated console and tell me again why should we not compare them to PCs? They're the same fucking thing only with shittier controls for some games (most actually) and heavily subsidized price tags (which is putting companies like Microsoft and Sony out of business)

-------

Current Rig

-------

52 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

When you say something is "bullshit" and "retarded" you may as well be saying the genre is all bad.

When I say "bullshit" and "retarded" I expect some people to focus entirely on the "bad words" being used without actually fucking reading what's being said. I intentionally use profanity to dismiss those incapable of looking past their own pathetic sensibilities that get "offended" or ignore arguments because of some stupid fucking letters they could easily ignore.

So what if PCs are more powerful?  Does it affect the fun console users have?  No it doesn't

Yes it does: lower framerates and lower resolutions have a direct impact on gameplay. This is not up for discussion you just can't be as accurate, react as fast when you're simply not getting the same fucking ammount of information cause the resolution is shittier, the framerate is shittier, the draw distances are shittier, etc.

Can you have "fun" with an inferior product? Sure but I could also have "fun" playing with fucking rocks: that's so reductionist as to be fucking pointless.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

Because you say so? PC gaming was born at the same fucking time in the early 80s and had very different titles than arcades or home consoles. So we've got 2 devices capable of gamings, with decades of overlap on the titles and types of titles available, but you don't want to compare them. Well good for you but comparissons are valid. Some people usually bother to point inherit advantages of consoles (those those keep getting fewer and far less pronounced as time goes on) instead of artificial ones like console exclusives (a.k.a. there's no good reason why modern games from the last 15 years or so can't all be on PC, other than devs not wanting to spend time or being flatout paid not to port to multiple systems)

So if you grab your game playing, TV watching, web browsing, file streaming, music playing, optical media playing, internet updated console and tell me again why should we not compare them to PCs? They're the same fucking thing only with shittier controls for some games (most actually) and heavily subsidized price tags (which is putting companies like Microsoft and Sony out of business)

So they can be because you say so?  That's incredibly hypocritical that you think you can say whatever you want and pass judgement on things but then you're exempt from your own bs.

If my saying it's not a valid comparison is wrong then so is you saying it is a fair comparison.  You don't get to tell me I'm wrong and turn around to say you're right for saying essentially the same thing about your side of things.

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

So they can be because you say so?

No I gave reasons, abundantly clear reasons.

If my saying it's not a valid comparison is wrong then so is you saying it is a fair comparison.  You don't get to tell me I'm wrong and turn around to say you're right for saying essentially the same thing about your side of things.

No I told you reasons, you can read them. You can ignore them. You can refute them or you can walk away for all I care.Telling you "you're wrong: here's the reasons" is not the same as spending several post talking about my personal character or my fucking language.

Have something to refute? Fucking refute it. Not interesting in your burden of proof shit I already made my case, make one yourself or refute mine.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

When I say "bullshit" and "retarded" I expect some people to focus entirely on the "bad words" being used without actually fucking reading what's being said. I intentionally use profanity to dismiss those incapable of looking past their own pathetic sensibilities that get "offended" or ignore arguments because of some stupid fucking letters they could easily ignore.

Yes it does: lower framerates and lower resolutions have a direct impact on gameplay. This is not up for discussion you just can't be as accurate, react as fast when you're simply not getting the same fucking ammount of information cause the resolution is shittier, the framerate is shittier, the draw distances are shittier, etc.

Can you have "fun" with an inferior product? Sure but I could also have "fun" playing with fucking rocks: that's so reductionist as to be fucking pointless.

You can make all the bs excuses you want but that doesn't change anything.  You used profanity to hide/distract from the fact that you have no legitimate points to make.

All you're doing is showing that you're a perfect example of the PC elitist snobs shouting nonsense along the lines of "PC MASTER RACE RULZ!!".  

This community doesn't need the diseased negativity that you clearly bring.  Go whine about how consoles suck on gamefaqs.  You'll fit in very well in messed up cesspools of the internet like that place.  

I'll be adding you to my ignore list from now on so I don't have to come across your bs anymore.  I have no need to waste time trying to get a bigoted troublemaker to see reason and be civil.

1 hour ago, dragosudeki said:

You guys are blindly attacking this guy... All he said is that he doesn't like the cowboy theme. I personally don't like mech games/shows. Neither of these statements say that all cowboy stuff is bad or mech stuff is bad.

Also, all gamers should be tired of any form of exclusivity. Why can't we all enjoy the same shit on the platform we prefer?

He went far past just saying something like "meh I didn't care for it but that's ok if others like it".  He used profanity and hate speech (yes using "retard" as an insult counts as hate speech) to hide behind his bigoted crap.

Aside from attacking the genre he then proceeded to start spouting all this "PC master race sludge" and going off about how bad consoles are.

Consoles and PC are apples and oranges.  Different things intended for different uses and audiences.  It's childish, pointless, and beyond played out to saying junk about them vs PCs.  

Just the other day someone commented in a topic about bottlenecking how often that shows up and basically saying they were sick of seeing it show up here.

Well the same is true about the anti-console bigotry that persists in the world.  It's been argued to death but people like this guy have nothing better to do than whine and complain and make negative comments about the issue and consoles specifically.  

You like PC best? Awesome.  That's cool.  Totally ok.

You like consoles better?  Great.  That's perfectly alright too.  Nothing to get butthurt about.  

Regardless of what someone likes or doesn't it's stupid to waste away your life complaining about it.  It's not going to make you look any better or convince anyone who's bothered to have their own opinions.

Trying to assert PC dominance over consoles is the most ridiculous, pointless, and just plain stupid display of whipping out an e-peen that I've ever seen.  

"You've got a PS4?  That's cute but MINE'S BIGGER!"  ?

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

If RDR comes to PC, I'd give it a legitimate shot. I don't think it will though, as Rockstar San Diego has a long history (also along their older Angel Studios alias) of working only on consoles, Midtown Madness and its sequel notwithstanding.

If want something similar (more or less) you could check out Gun.  Both GOG and Steam have it.  You can even use a gamepad if you'd want though it is a little tedious to map controls one at a time.  I personally think it's better than RDR but that's just me.  It doesn't bother me at all if people prefer RDR.  The important thing is that people play what they have fun with.  

7 hours ago, dragosudeki said:

I never attacked him whatsoever. In fact, that was my only comment on this thread. My point was, he was being quite aggressive with all his cursing and name calling. It was a neutral statement; I don't quite care about either side's opinion.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

On 10/16/2016 at 5:59 PM, Misanthrope said:

Don't care about console exclusives, never even cared for the cowboy bullshit anyways. I guess is an American thing about consoles and horses.

The cowboy isn't purely an 'American' thing. You should know Vaquero ;).

Side note: Looking forward to game, even if it's on console. I personally have a PS4 and it's fun to play when you get buddies down and have a couple beers in your living room. Can't really do that with my PC. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

20 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

I never attacked him whatsoever. In fact, that was my only comment on this thread. My point was, he was being quite aggressive with all his cursing and name calling. It was a neutral statement; I don't quite care about either side's opinion.

Apparently Luke has dubbed him the Resident Butthead which @Misanthrope has pointed out a few times and I whole heartedly agree with. 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

8 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

He went far past just saying something like "meh I didn't care for it but that's ok if others like it".  He used profanity and hate speech (yes using "retard" as an insult counts as hate speech) to hide behind his bigoted crap.

Aside from attacking the genre he then proceeded to start spouting all this "PC master race sludge" and going off about how bad consoles are.

Consoles and PC are apples and oranges.  Different things intended for different uses and audiences.  It's childish, pointless, and beyond played out to saying junk about them vs PCs.  

Just the other day someone commented in a topic about bottlenecking how often that shows up and basically saying they were sick of seeing it show up here.

Well the same is true about the anti-console bigotry that persists in the world.  It's been argued to death but people like this guy have nothing better to do than whine and complain and make negative comments about the issue and consoles specifically.  

You like PC best? Awesome.  That's cool.  Totally ok.

You like consoles better?  Great.  That's perfectly alright too.  Nothing to get butthurt about.  

Regardless of what someone likes or doesn't it's stupid to waste away your life complaining about it.  It's not going to make you look any better or convince anyone who's bothered to have their own opinions.

Trying to assert PC dominance over consoles is the most ridiculous, pointless, and just plain stupid display of whipping out an e-peen that I've ever seen.  

"You've got a PS4?  That's cute but MINE'S BIGGER!"  ?

Consoles-the things that only have the unit price as an advantage, and no longer have the advantage of inserting as disc and just playing (aka, they've lost convenience). As things stand, the current lines of "next gen" consoles are utter shit as far as consoles go. They lack the ease of use of the older ones, rapidly run out of storage space as games reuire gigabytes of extra data to be downloaded. I'll also note that consoles are intended for playing games and use as a media centre with the Xbox Original and up, while a PC is intended to do those same tasks, and many others.

For the moment, my friends might consider a PS4 Pro for their favourite games, otherwise as far as they (and I) am concerned, consoles are no longer the best option for gaming now with the price of PC components in Australia and we'll be sticking with our Xbox Original and 360/PS1-PS3 and telling any new consoles to piss off with their shit value for money.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

9 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Consoles-the things that only have the unit price as an advantage, and no longer have the advantage of inserting as disc and just playing (aka, they've lost convenience). As things stand, the current lines of "next gen" consoles are utter shit as far as consoles go. They lack the ease of use of the older ones, rapidly run out of storage space as games reuire gigabytes of extra data to be downloaded. I'll also note that consoles are intended for playing games and use as a media centre with the Xbox Original and up, while a PC is intended to do those same tasks, and many others.

For the moment, my friends might consider a PS4 Pro for their favourite games, otherwise as far as they (and I) am concerned, consoles are no longer the best option for gaming now with the price of PC components in Australia and we'll be sticking with our Xbox Original and 360/PS1-PS3 and telling any new consoles to piss off with their shit value for money.

I really don't care to get into other debate but I will say that storage issues aside the PS4 at least  still retains the put a disc in and go ease of use.  With the addition of the rest mode to conserve power while still leaving a game running it's really nice.  Games look better than ever and look just fine.  Unless I did a side by side comparison with PC I'd never know the difference.

The storage issue is really my only problem with the PS4.  If Sony would enable external storage for games like MS did for the Xbox One then the PS4 would be even better.  

Yes PC is good but so are consoles.  I use both and regret nothing.  ?

Have a good day/night and chill out.  Negativity is a disease that slowly eats you from the inside.  It's no fun being blah about stuff too much.  ?

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I really don't care to get into other debate but I will say that storage issues aside the PS4 at least  still retains the put a disc in and go ease of use.  

ill just drop this here

consoles are loosing all there advtanges over PCs. its a shame and really the next gen consoles need to step up there game or they will wither and die

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

10 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

ill just drop this here

consoles are loosing all there advtanges over PCs. its a shame and really the next gen consoles need to step up there game or they will wither and die

I just watched that this morning-or else I wouldn't have known about another problem plaguing "next gen" consoles.

PMSL

2 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I really don't care to get into other debate but I will say that storage issues aside the PS4 at least  still retains the put a disc in and go ease of use.  With the addition of the rest mode to conserve power while still leaving a game running it's really nice.  Games look better than ever and look just fine.  Unless I did a side by side comparison with PC I'd never know the difference.

The storage issue is really my only problem with the PS4.  If Sony would enable external storage for games like MS did for the Xbox One then the PS4 would be even better.  

Yes PC is good but so are consoles.  I use both and regret nothing.  ?

Have a good day/night and chill out.  Negativity is a disease that slowly eats you from the inside.  It's no fun being blah about stuff too much.  ?

There is no negativity about what I'm saying-it just is. Until consoles regain their previous advantages, I and my friends wont be buying one again. Also 500GB HDD as standard for both consoles and large downloads+installs for every game is a big problem due to how many games people buy. Just because you need to do a comparison to see the difference, doesn't mean that its there (BTW, you should really do at a 30fps and 60fps comparison yourself-I played Halo 1 on the Xbox for uite a while, and when I finally managed to find a PC copy at EBgames, it seemed broken on the Xbox with the way it ran in comparison). That BTW was just over 2 years ago when I finally managed to replace my ancient desktop and didn't have to game on my old workstation laptop (2006 model Toshiba)

Edit: I will note however that Halo 1 was optimised better on the Xbox, my old desktop had similar specs to the Xbox, albeit it had a Riva TNT2 as its MX440 died shortly after I bought it.

PMSL

7 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I just watched that this morning-or else I wouldn't have known about another problem plaguing "next gen" consoles.

20 hours to dl and install a game is a joke

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

3 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

20 hours to dl and install a game is a joke

I installed all 48-50 of my Xbox games onto its HDD in far less time than that (softmods+HDD upgrades FTW). And that seemed to take forever due to the slow DVD drive.

Edit: That was when I had a 160GB HDD in it. Its got a new+faster+cooler+more efficient 250GB HDD in it now

PMSL