[UPDATE 2] NEW Red Dead Game teased?!

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I installed all 48-50 of my Xbox games onto its HDD in far less time than that (softmods+HDD upgrades FTW). And that seemed to take forever due to the slow DVD drive.

Edit: That was when I had a 160GB HDD in it. Its got a new+faster+cooler+more efficient 250GB HDD in it now

i had a 20gb hdd so i never installed, not that i thought it was slow when i had to. how moddern consoles dont ship with an SSD ill never know

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

22 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

ill just drop this here

consoles are loosing all there advtanges over PCs. its a shame and really the next gen consoles need to step up there game or they will wither and die

There will be no next generation console. The XB1.5/PS4.5 will be the last generation of actual consoles. After them will come the stream boxes where players don't ever own a game, they simply rent the game and stream it/download it (for Multiplayer elements). 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, jaggysnake57 said:

i had a 20gb hdd so i never installed, not that i thought it was slow when i had to. how moddern consoles dont ship with an SSD ill never know

They would get fried by even the most hardcore console user for having a lower capacity than previous capacities (because we all know that it would be 60GB standard, 120-128GB optional).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Speculation: The multiple characters of the second image hints at "Read Dead Online" and if it could go as well as GTA V Online did, Rockstar would maybe not want to miss out on doing it as well as a PC port.

We can dream.

We do what we can, because we must.

7 hours ago, ionbasa said:

The cowboy isn't purely an 'American' thing. You should know Vaquero ;).

Side note: Looking forward to game, even if it's on console. I personally have a PS4 and it's fun to play when you get buddies down and have a couple beers in your living room. Can't really do that with my PC. 

True, actually I believe Cowboy is a direct translation of Vaquero which predates the word. The thing is we actually never made a "trope" out of the cowboy movies (Or more specifically the Wild West thing) Most people think we did because most of our classic era movie consisted of people always wearing sombreros and even "cowboy" hats but this were mostly just a fashion accessory of the time (again it was also common for the 30s and 40s people in the US to constantly wear hats, just different kinds of hats).

The kind of "rural" image here is not exactly the wild west trope it has similarities, sure, but not quite the same. But since most would probably superficially assume it I can partially concede your point while at the same time say I also dislike the Norteño image and such just as much (and I am from the North btw)

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Apparently Luke has dubbed him the Resident Butthead which @Misanthrope has pointed out a few times and I whole heartedly agree with. 

Wasn't Luke it was Linus, but yes to this otherwise.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

There will be no next generation console. The XB1.5/PS4.5 will be the last generation of actual consoles. After them will come the stream boxes where players don't ever own a game, they simply rent the game and stream it/download it (for Multiplayer elements). 

Perhaps a few more iterations because while the tech for streaming it is already close to a reality, you have to remember how fucking bad ISPs are, particularly in America which is and will probably remain the main and most profitable market. I just don't think guys like Comcast would react any differently to streaming services, they'l do data caps, they'll do packet shaping to throttle you, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Eh, never played the first game since I don't own a console, so if this is not about a PC release and just for consoles, I will go back to "not caring" about it.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a "HD remaster"(like Skyrim did) kind of deal of the first game, but only exclusive to Xbox One, just in time for the holidays, because fuck PC gamers right?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

50 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Perhaps a few more iterations because while the tech for streaming it is already close to a reality, you have to remember how fucking bad ISPs are, particularly in America which is and will probably remain the main and most profitable market. I just don't think guys like Comcast would react any differently to streaming services, they'l do data caps, they'll do packet shaping to throttle you, etc.

Its even worse in Australia, told for over a decade various lies all to the effect "we won't give you cheaper ADSL2, so fuck you, pay us $10/GB/month for 2G", which got solved within 1 hour by going to a local member of parliament and saying that it was adversely affecting siblings still in primary school. In Australia most people don't have the bandwidth or data to download the extra data not included with discs,

PMSL

These teasers are for Rockstar Table Tennis 2.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

6NwJEumQS8bYqYbbxVgG5i-650-80.jpg

The latest news is that the next installment of the Red Dead games will be an online exclusive title, I suspect it will be similar to Grand Theft Auto Online with heists and racing game modes.

6 minutes ago, Synth3D said:

The latest news is that the next installment of the Red Dead games will be an online exclusive title, I suspect it will be similar to Grand Theft Auto Online with heists and racing game modes.

Fuck you rockstar you greedy bastards.... 

Why spend money making a single player game when you can make millions a year from selling fake money to players happy with repeating the same missions over and over again. 

I said when GTA O launched that it would probably be the end of SP titles from them, guess I was right. 

Not for pc. Only xbox one and ps4.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

6 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Until every major market has land lines that could reasonably meet the demands of streaming or downloading games there WILL be more generation of consoles. Even in america there is  a large marjority that simply cannot download or stream games because the infrastructure isnt there. MS, Sony. and big N will not alienate such a massive part of their revenue. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

10 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Until every major market has land lines that could reasonably meet the demands of streaming or downloading games there WILL be more generation of consoles. Even in america there is  a large marjority that simply cannot download or stream games because the infrastructure isnt there. MS, Sony. and big N will not alienate such a massive part of their revenue. 

Look at how much you have to download after first inserting the disc in all Xbox One and PS4 games. You might as well be streaming or downloading a game on a PC.

PMSL

3 hours ago, Synth3D said:

This is just pure speculation at this point. l wouldn't make assumptions until after they at least reveal the trailer.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

2 hours ago, leelaa14 said:

Not for pc. Only xbox one and ps4.

wtf are RS doing. how successfull was GTAV on pc?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

They just want to release it twice and get people to buy it twice, go fuck yourselves rockstar.

Or just no PC release for no good reason like the last red dead, in which case, double go fuck yourself rockstar.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

6 minutes ago, Swatson said:

They just want to release it twice and get people to buy it twice, go fuck yourselves rockstar.

Or just no PC release for no good reason like the last red dead, in which case, double go fuck yourself rockstar.

As I stated earlier, Rockstar San Diego is very talented when given a console. If you looked at games like Midnight Club 3, that showed you that they could really work around a console's restraints. Save for Midtown Madness and its first sequel, RSD never really did much in the PC world. They've always had their hand in console development.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I'm glad it's a sequel as while many people (especially those on PC) have not played red dead before they have to think of the console market as well which Xbox and PlayStation combined is either the same or more of the market than PC is and I have a feeling if you have an Xbox one they might do what the pay did with gears of war 4 and give you the 360 game for free as a backward compatible title. 

I lurk a lot

2 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

wtf are RS doing. how successfull was GTAV on pc?

Different studio this is rockstar San Diego GTA V was rockstar north based in Edinburgh 

I lurk a lot

6 hours ago, Synth3D said:

Ignore this, cannot delete it

So I take it all back, I was wrong and I'm happy I was wrong too. 

I'd prefer a Remaster of RDR first but I'll take a sequel and be very happy with it. 

Thank you rockstar, you didn't abandon the singleplayer market :D

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

So I take it all back, I was wrong and I'm happy I was wrong too. 

I'd prefer a Remaster of RDR first but I'll take a sequel and be very happy with it. 

Thank you rockstar, you didn't abandon the singleplayer market :D

Let's be honest they only abandoned single player market in GTA because shark cards have brought them way more profit than the sales of the game ever did but don't forget what I already said this is a different studio under the rockstar umbrella in a completely different contra in fact. 

I lurk a lot

There is no PC Trademark on their website which means the PC port well be delayed or announced later on.
CvDVD02WYAABVfX.jpg

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.