Would you prefer a fully automated restaurant?

nicehat

Would you rather dine at a "smart" restaurant? One question, would you still have to tip? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT4B_e40pWo

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I work in a restaurant. I like my job, please don't take it away from me. Besides the food we make is far better than any machine can make period. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

No.

This will destroy work places.

yes but it would create more jobs at a factory 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I work in a restaurant. I like my job, please don't take it away from me. Besides the food we make is far better than any machine can make period.

Love the story but why did you use period when you are english

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

But human hands still make and prepare the food. It just eliminates the waiter. Well they may have other duties in a place like this, like seating, cleaning billing etc. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Love the story but why did you use period when you are english

Is it a foreign word. I used because I could and I have never used it before.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Is it a foreign word. I used because I could and I have never used it before.

FairPlay was just wondering Period :)

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

FairPlay was just wondering Period :)

I will use that next time for sure.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Restaurants for me are like going to watch a movie, it's all about the experience. The place, the content (food in this case), the service, even the people you go with.
It's not a place where you go just to fill you stomach to get through the day, and then move on, just like this automatic places intend to be.

This would either raise the prices on the food or cause a great loss of jobs for people which isn't good imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This needs to happen, ASAP. Why defend the service industry? It's a pretty crappy industry for labour. 

Once obsolete, replaced by automation, we won't be looking back at the service industry nostalgically; wishing: "if only we could have the next generation toiling away in service to others."  We don't raise our children to aspire to be waitresses and waiters, because it pretty much sucks. And there's a lot better things they could be doing. 

The sooner automation can take over jobs that has people behaving like robots, the better for humanity. 

I would rather "dine" at home.

I hate restaurants.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

No.  No.  no.  no.  no.  no.  no.

When jobs get replaced by machines, newer, better jobs don't open.  Companies save tons of money, and more people are out of work.  Get out of here with your race to the bottom.

EDIT: we need to bring the service industry UP, not push it down with robot workers.

This needs to happen, ASAP. Why defend the service industry? It's a pretty crappy industry for labour. 

Once obsolete, replaced by automation, we won't be looking back at the service industry nostalgically; wishing: "if only we could have the next generation toiling away in service to others."  We don't raise our children to aspire to be waitresses and waiters, because it pretty much sucks. And there's a lot better things they could be doing. 

The sooner automation can take over jobs that has people behaving like robots, the better for humanity. 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Not in my country, because there are a lot of jobless people and having automated restaurants and fast foods would make it even worse. Also there will be less positions for teenagers because working in a fast food place is the most common part-time job here.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

No.  No.  no.  no.  no.  no.  no.

When jobs get replaced by machines, newer, better jobs don't open.  Companies save tons of money, and more people are out of work.  Get out of here with your race to the bottom.

EDIT: we need to bring the service industry UP, not push it down with robot workers.

Thank you, somebody gets it.

No, it would take the fun out of going to a restaurant. Might as well buy robot cook to automatically make food for me.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

No, it would take the fun out of going to a restaurant. Might as well buy robot cook to automatically make food for me.

I like to look at it as the Microwave of cooking. It's convenient, but completely bland in every single way. You go to a restaurant not only for the food, but for the experience of it. Something about fully automated seems so cold.

True but machines are more consistent. Don't get me wrong this seems like a bad idea still though

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I would rather "dine" at home.

I hate restaurants.

this.

This was said when fast food restaurants popped up all over the place, and as you can see it hasn't killed regular restaurants. This will just be another fad type place like those places that make you cook your own food (which I hate).

More options is all, classic Sushi places have always been semi-automatic so don't see the big fuss.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.