CX 750M + GTX 1070

Eponymous98

Will my PSU be able to run my system without any problems? I know that the load wattage will not be anywhere near 750 watts, but I have heard people complaining about the specific PSU, even though I have never had any problems with it.

5 minutes ago, Eponymous98 said:

Can I also overclock my CPU without any problem?

you should be fine, even though the psu isn't that good(since its at low loads, this shouldn't be too much of an issue). if you can, get a better psu but if you can't the cx750m should be just fine.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I have this same PSU on a 1070 FTW Hybrid + i5 4690 thats very overkill.

As far as people complaining about it... I don't see that. It has pretty good review ratings everywhere.

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, mattk said:

As far as people complaining about it... I don't see that. It has pretty good review ratings everywhere.

Capture.PNG

Do you have the older version? 

3 minutes ago, mattk said:

Good ratings dozen't always mean good....

thats why the CX controversy even started

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

I mean, I don't know I guess not, but if something goes wrong its not on me :/ 

Of course not

7 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

you should be fine, even though the psu isn't that good(since its at low loads, this shouldn't be too much of an issue). if you can, get a better psu but if you can't the cx750m should be just fine.

Yeah, I can't afford a new PSU right now.. Anyway we'll see

The CX 750M will probably be fine, that said you will not know if you are getting the revised CX 750M or the old CX 750M which has lesser secondary caps.

I would really just get something else like an EVGA G2 or Corsair RMi/RMx.

its fine but i would get a EVGA G2 650W or something in the futiure because the CX series isnt the best tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

29 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Meh, CWT Oem's aren't the BEST for Ocing

Whats your budget for a PSU?

Not true, CWT makes some amazing PSUs and some average ones too. The PUQ-B line (GS and CX 750/850) are average, but that doesn't mean that the HXi/RMi/RMx, RM, Vengeance/CX v4 are not good.

2 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Not true, CWT makes some amazing PSUs and some average ones too. The PUQ-B line (GS and CX 750/850) are average, but that doesn't mean that the HXi/RMi/RMx, RM, Vengeance/CX v4 are not good.

u rite forgot about that

The CX750M is based on the CWT PUQ-B platform. It's offer better voltage stability than some of the group-regulated design power supply that had been recommended for overclocking.

While the CX750Mv1 isn't the best build 750w PSU, it surely can power a system with a single 1070 with overclocks.

33 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The CX 750M will probably be fine, that said you will not know if you are getting the revised CX 750M or the old CX 750M which has lesser secondary caps.

I have the old one actually

32 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

its fine but i would get a EVGA G2 650W or something in the futiure because the CX series isnt the best tbh

Yeah, I plan on upgrading sometime next year.

16 minutes ago, quan289 said:

The CX750M is based on the CWT PUQ-B platform. It's offer better voltage stability than some of the group-regulated design power supply that had been recommended for overclocking.

While the CX750Mv1 isn't the best build 750w PSU, it surely can power a system with a single 1070 with overclocks.

Let's hope you are right :) 

It's fine for a single 1070. If you ever do a system upgrade of sorts then it's not a terrible idea to replace the PSU.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||