Worst PC ever (video idea)

RS2007GOD

Id be interested in seeing a video of a pc build with known poor quality stuff like bad ram and psu etc and see if they actualy break.

Esp power supplies are labeled as bad for one reason or another. 

Sli or way on a 30$ psu with like 6 or 8 cheap daisy chained molex chinese fans?

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

3 minutes ago, RS2007GOD said:

Id be interested in seeing a video of a pc build with known poor quality stuff like bad ram and psu etc and see if they actualy break.

Sli or way on a 30$ psu with like 6 or 8 cheap daisy chained molex chinese fans?

As long as you're funding it then I'm all for it. :D

I would love to watch that

I'm just a random teenager from New Jersey. Why would you listen to me?

That would be cool. They should have a video idea place where like the top ideas get voted on each like month and then made :)

2 minutes ago, RS2007GOD said:

I bet I can find you a prebuilt that's worse.

Beyond that, the problem with "bad" is that it's so subjective. I might consider a beautifully cable-managed, color-coordinated PC that goes up in flames the first time it's booted because someone paired an unknown OEM $19 Chinese firecracker with an FX 9590 to be terrible. Someone else might consider it to be great because for those few seconds before it was dead, it was dead sexy. Same basic principle applies to prebuilts. No matter how shitty the internals on that $1,400 ASUS funky-case desktop gaming PC are--and they are shitty--someone's going to look at the case, fall in love with it, plunk down the cash then take it home and wonder why they're only getting 35 FPS in CS:GO.

Maybe that's an idea by itself. There's already been a video about finding surprisingly good prebuilts, but what about one that explores the other end: the truly overpriced, underpowered and hilariously awful machines that somehow make their way to sales floors? Hit up the usual suspects (and Walmart!), find the crappiest, biggest ripoff of a desktop PC out there, then take it back to the shop to benchmark it, compare it, whatever, just so long as it ends with fire.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, ImperialSteele said:

That would be cool. They should have a video idea place where like the top ideas get voted on each like month and then made :)

That would be awesome if they did. Alot of red tape though on what they can and cant do so maybe pre aproved ones go in for voting.

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Welcome to scrapyard wars

Those are to find the best cheap computer. This suggestion is to find the worst worst computer. :P

13 minutes ago, RS2007GOD said:

Don't have the psu blow on you

Would be interesting to see.  It would be nice to see if those Logisys, CoolMax, and Athena power supplies are as bad as people say.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

You would hope fire trucks outside would be waiting for when the PC is powered up.

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

22 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Welcome to scrapyard wars

that's probably the deal here. the issues they encounter in scrapyard wars are mostly those you would encounter when using the absolute bottom of the barrel garbage we'll shout and scream at you for when you tell us you're using a FirePower gold™ power suppluy.

There's slight issue, mostly with this:

11 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

Would be interesting to see.  It would be nice to see if those Logisys, CoolMax, and Athena power supplies are as bad as people say.

Testing bad PSUs will take time. Long time. Those PSUs which aren't really that popular will have higher return rate. But still getting the one that will actually blow or even just fail OC or run GPU will be hard. Same goes for rest of lower end stuff. In general lower end stuff just doesn't have performance the higher or mid tier has. Sure there are more stuff broken. But finding those which would at will is hard.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, RS2007GOD said:

That would be interesting.

12 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

They usually go hand in hand

LAN PC turned out fine :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

16 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Power supply reviews that simulate worst possible scenarios, to try to get them to break, and some have even caught fire during testing.

16 hours ago, RS2007GOD said:

You can SLI ten year old Nvdia cards that use like 40w a piece (look up 8500gt), or so yes you could and still be very safe, and with the molex fans a more worse can scenario would be the better fans because they will draw more power from the psu, but molex is rated for 100+Watts, so it may be about 20+ fans that then you will start to just see them slow down, no fireball will ensue.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Just watch the scrapyard wars series with Austin. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

19 hours ago, RS2007GOD said: