Nautilus Reactor

Wow, this is truly an amazing build! I love the work and attention to detail that you have applied to this, it has turned out amazing!

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

Cool man, I'll keep looking around the arduino forums, thanks for keeping an eye out for me :D Also now I'm totally going to have to look into that laser engraver....

so it seems you will definitely need a program to run and send info to the arduino but I'm not sure if their are any pre-made nixie boards that can be controlled by an arduino or based off arduino that have usb programming on board

so I'm thinking you would need a program possibly custom and a nixie controller may also need to be custom. I have seen some links to programs to send the info to an arduino but at least the one i tried to go to the site was gone the other i just didn't check. Even if the programs are gone people may still have them or they can be coded by someone that knows what they are doing. The nixie board may be harder as i don't think most people want to make something that connects to their computer that has 200 volts running on the board so custom or hacked maybe the way to go. I'm not trying to say that it cant be done safely just i wouldn't want to try it as i have seen people fry usb ports just using an arduino and a 9v battery.  

I was pretty happy when I saw you took my advice to post this (unless you already had planned to post it). I told ya you would get on the build logs of the week. Such a build does not deserve to be exclusively on /g/. <3

Hehe yeah thanks for the advice. Didn't really know where to start uploading pics.

This is what I want to do to this PC

This made me laugh. A lot. Thanks for the slightly (okay extremely) rapey compliment!

This is the best build i've seen yet. Too bad its not a badass gaming rig with top end specs. But still, craziest i've seen.

As Jay-Z says in Holy Grail, "God dammit I like it, bright lights so enticing."  xD

The next one will have better specs...... Also it'll be more portable so I can actually take it around places.

That is a sweet pc :)

This is so awesome! A well deserved BOTW :D.

Amazing build! I love it..

Wow, this is truly an amazing build! I love the work and attention to detail that you have applied to this, it has turned out amazing!

Great build man.

Thanks guys/gals! I had a lot of fun building it (and also a lot of hate and failure induced rage.... *twitch*).  More to come, if not on this build then another soon!

so it seems you will definitely need a program to run and send info to the arduino but I'm not sure if their are any pre-made nixie boards that can be controlled by an arduino or based off arduino that have usb programming on board

so I'm thinking you would need a program possibly custom and a nixie controller may also need to be custom. I have seen some links to programs to send the info to an arduino but at least the one i tried to go to the site was gone the other i just didn't check. Even if the programs are gone people may still have them or they can be coded by someone that knows what they are doing. The nixie board may be harder as i don't think most people want to make something that connects to their computer that has 200 volts running on the board so custom or hacked maybe the way to go. I'm not trying to say that it cant be done safely just i wouldn't want to try it as i have seen people fry usb ports just using an arduino and a 9v battery.  

Yeesh... I will have to go buy a near death tower to test this mod on then if I get around to it. I found a custom made program that sends processor and ram usage to arduino (a guy had the signals sent to 1mA ammeters that acted as the guages) but I'll have to contact the Arduinix guys and post on their forums to see if they can help me out. Thanks for checking things out for me. I'll let you know if I get it all figured out and running.

you sir are like some sort of mad genius, great job!

This build simply leaves me speechless! Outstanding work and even greater execution! Top 5 of the best builds on here, no doubt about that!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

This build simply leaves me speechless! Outstanding work and even greater execution! Top 5 of the best builds on here, no doubt about that!

Thanks man, I don't know about that. There are a LOT of really nice builds here. Mine may well be in the top 5 weirdest though :D

whoooooooooooooooo awesome how much is it??

Lots.... Thousands and thousands. If you really want one you can PM me :P

This is awesome! I love the attention to detail you put into it. 

• 2 weeks later...

The most awesome build i've ever seen! Great job!

Stationary: Fractal Design Define XL R2 | MSI G45 Z87 | Intel i7 4770k @4,5Ghz / Noctua NH-D14 | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance CL9 1600mhz | XFX XXX Edition 850W 80+ Bronze | Asus DCII GTX 780 | Samsung 840 120GB + 250GB 840 EVO |

Monitor: Asus PB278Q + LG IPS277L 27" Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2000 Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue

Having been a fan of steam punk for quite a while now, all I can say is wow.  That detail is awesome. 

When I saw your first drawing and the initial couple of photos I thought, this is going to flunk, I just couldn't see it how it was supposed to work, but not only did you pull it off, I am now Jealous. There's no way I could even come close to creating something like that.

Cheers for showing us.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Thanks man, I don't know about that. There are a LOT of really nice builds here. Mine may well be in the top 5 weirdest though :D

Lots.... Thousands and thousands. If you really want one you can PM me :P

know what if i had that much money ( i just build my own pc for 2000 euro ) i would buy 2 soo good job man

• 3 weeks later...

This is a true work of art. Wow, I'm speechless. I bow to you sir.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

• 1 year later...

this is truly one of the top 5 coolest builds ever... needs ONE thing..

Put an Air pump in so that bubbles go up the window in the tank!!!

Amazing.. Just wow...

CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core  Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming RAM G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB XC ULTRA Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 ATX Full Tower Case Storage Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive & Samsung EVO 850 500gb x 2 in RAID  PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W P2  Display LG 34UM95-P IPS 34" Ultra Wide monitor 3440x1440 & Samsung C32HG70 31.5" 2560x1440 144 Hz Cooling CUSTOM RIGID TUBE WATER LOOP