Nautilus Reactor

It looks really nice against the wood wall.

You think? Here I've been all self conscious about the wood paneling. I think it would look sweet against a brick wall. Maybe when I move someplace more permanent I'll put a brick veneer on the wall before mounting... 

What's the consensus everyone, wood, brick, or drywall?

You think? Here I've been all self conscious about the wood paneling. I think it would look sweet against a brick wall. Maybe when I move someplace more permanent I'll put a brick veneer on the wall before mounting... 

What's the consensus everyone, wood, brick, or drywall?

I would say put a dark stain on the wood and it would look awesome, maybe weather it a little bit. Its still going to look amazing what ever you mount it to :D +10 internets to you sir!

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

I'm new to this forum but I've been looking through the build logs sections and your builds are amazing. Seriously gorgeous. That being said, thanks! Coming from a distinguished modder such as yourself that means a lot :)

Thanks *blushes* :D

As for the wall question: I think it will depend on what kind of brick or wood

wall we're talking about, there are too many different sorts IMO to make that

decision without more parameters. I'd wait until you've moved, then see what

possibilities you have and proceed from there.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Holy Mary mother of god and all that is holy :o

Honestly this has to be the best build I've ever seen. I can actually feel the hum it would make, kinda like the creepy low rumble you get in Fallout 3 when you're in a Vault.

Sublime work, really stupendous mate !

Another thing that caught me.. On one of the boxes it says Tom's River NJ 08xxx I used to live in the town next to it lol. Lovely place ! used to hire kayaks and canoes there and go out on the lakes :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Build of the year.

If this does not get in the WAN-show I dont know what will.

I've got my fingers crossed, I'll be watching today :P

This is amazing. Ive never seen anything like it.

Thanks man, yeah I had only seen the regular aquarium PCs previously. Thought I'd try to put a new spin on them :P

Holy Mary mother of god and all that is holy :o

Honestly this has to be the best build I've ever seen. I can actually feel the hum it would make, kinda like the creepy low rumble you get in Fallout 3 when you're in a Vault.

Sublime work, really stupendous mate !

Another thing that caught me.. On one of the boxes it says Tom's River NJ 08xxx I used to live in the town next to it lol. Lovely place ! used to hire kayaks and canoes there and go out on the lakes :)

And hum it will, this thing is actually sort of noisy already. I should probably wire the fan for a lower voltage.... I can only imagine the noise it's going to make once it has the pumps running /facepalm. My wife's going to hate it xD

Puure awesomeness, but the specs. Anyway it's epic!!

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

Puure awesomeness, but the specs. Anyway it's epic!!

Hehe, yeah not only did I not want to dunk anything too expensive under oil, there's no way a discrete graphics card would've fit in there. Well maybe not no way but I sure didn't want to try :P

Congrats on BoTW! Your badge should be on the way soon. 

I will suppress the urge to shout "We don't need no stinking badges!" and accept with great gusto! Thanks Dave!

wooooooooooooow!!!!!!!

PC everything!

CPU-FX8350@4.2  GPU- Sapphire 7870  RAM-8Gb Corsair Vengence @1866 Case-Arc Midi R2 PSU-Rosewill Xtreme Series 850W  Hard Drive-1.5T MOBO-ASRock 970 Extreme3

build looks really good. 

I have a question about one of the items used in your build... who made that nixie clock it looks really nice

build looks really good. 

I have a question about one of the items used in your build... who made that nixie clock it looks really nice

Hey thanks! I wish I could say it was me :P I got it from this user on ebay http://www.ebay.com/usr/mr.neontube. The instructions that came with the clock were nigh unintelligible and it didn't come with an ac adapter but the clock itself is solid and everything seems to be soldered fairly nicely. There are DIY kits available around the web as well so if you have a soldering iron you can build your own. Sometimes you can catch a good price on ebay for tubes. If you're good with Arduino, check out http://arduinix.com/ because holy crap the possibilities with that are endless.......

On a related note, if anyone has a really good grasp of electrical engineering drop me a line. I have a really cool idea that I need some help with :P

Wow this is awesome i want more! nice job man looks outstanding :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Hey thanks! I wish I could say it was me :P I got it from this user on ebay http://www.ebay.com/usr/mr.neontube. The instructions that came with the clock were nigh unintelligible and it didn't come with an ac adapter but the clock itself is solid and everything seems to be soldered fairly nicely. There are DIY kits available around the web as well so if you have a soldering iron you can build your own. Sometimes you can catch a good price on ebay for tubes. If you're good with Arduino, check out http://arduinix.com/ because holy crap the possibilities with that are endless.......

On a related note, if anyone has a really good grasp of electrical engineering drop me a line. I have a really cool idea that I need some help with :P

o it looks so nice but i cant pay for that now lol. 

ya i could build my own without much of a problem i made my keyboard and many other things so soldering isn't a problem. I love arduino 

although i have little knowledge of electrical engineering i can make simple electric things what are you working on? 

o it looks so nice but i cant pay for that now lol. 

ya i could build my own without much of a problem i made my keyboard and many other things so soldering isn't a problem. I love arduino 

although i have little knowledge of electrical engineering i can make simple electric things what are you working on? 

I would like to try to use an arduino board with an arduinix to interface with a computer and drive some nixie tubes that would display computer vitals.(HDD activity, CPU load %, maybe temps) I'm an arduino nooooob, just got the starter kit, couldn't hope to program it anytime soon :P I've seen a quick video of one other person who's done it with ZERO info on the how. Also I'd use different tubes.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU-r2eiyCM

I would like to try to use an arduino board with an arduinix to interface with a computer and drive some nixie tubes that would display computer vitals.(HDD activity, CPU load %, maybe temps) I'm an arduino nooooob, just got the starter kit, couldn't hope to program it anytime soon :P I've seen a quick video of one other person who's done it with ZERO info on the how. Also I'd use different tubes.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU-r2eiyCM

that is a little above my knowledge base. simple programming isn't hard with arduino and the people on their forums are really helpful i'm sure if you look around you can find 90% of the code just to cut and paste to make most of what you want but i'm not sure how why are getting the computer to seen that info to the arduino to start with it may need a custom script for that as well but i'm not sure. At some point i will try looking into it for you if i come up with anything i will let you know.

i can tell you how to make a useless laser engraver with a 2"x2" work area for dvd burners or program atmel chips to use in place of an arduino but im not the best at programming i can do simple stuff without problem and copy pasted for harder things lol

that is a little above my knowledge base. simple programming isn't hard with arduino and the people on their forums are really helpful i'm sure if you look around you can find 90% of the code just to cut and paste to make most of what you want but i'm not sure how why are getting the computer to seen that info to the arduino to start with it may need a custom script for that as well but i'm not sure. At some point i will try looking into it for you if i come up with anything i will let you know.

i can tell you how to make a useless laser engraver with a 2"x2" work area for dvd burners or program atmel chips to use in place of an arduino but im not the best at programming i can do simple stuff without problem and copy pasted for harder things lol

Cool man, I'll keep looking around the arduino forums, thanks for keeping an eye out for me :D Also now I'm totally going to have to look into that laser engraver....

Wow this is awesome i want more! nice job man looks outstanding :P

Thanks Tic! I'm currently planning two other projects in the same vein. One of which may be starting soonish..... ;)

I was pretty happy when I saw you took my advice to post this (unless you already had planned to post it). I told ya you would get on the build logs of the week. Such a build does not deserve to be exclusively on /g/. <3

That is a sweet pc :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

This is what I want to do to this PC

2srChXT.gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

This is the best build i've seen yet. Too bad its not a badass gaming rig with top end specs. But still, craziest i've seen.

As Jay-Z says in Holy Grail, "God dammit I like it, bright lights so enticing."  xD

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)