Nautilus Reactor

ho-Ho-HOLY SH*T

that looks amazing

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

... about the same time it took me to just put on a couple of fan shrouds  :lol:

Modern equipment with the "messy" look doesn't come out as graceful eh?  I also like the older (20pin) power supplies with bigger heatsinks and capacitors, especially when they are modded for show.

WORKING GAUGES!!!  Love the logo/badge, must be a story in itself.

Heh yeah, I didn't want a whole lot of empty space inside the tank so I just kinda left the cables where they fell once I got everything wired. Hopefully the bubbles will hide or at least draw attention away from the mess lol. I could try to dress things up a bit before I fill it but it's REALLY cramped in there. There's only about 4" between the front and back piece of glass for the aquarium! It didn't even occur to me to mod the power supply beyond ripping it out of the case, but this is my first intensive mod. Maybe if someone commissioned a Reactor #2 :P

As for the logo, needed something to suit the name. The actual nautilus part of it is a drawer knob with the shaft dremeled off.

How many man hours was this.

I have no idea..... A lot... I didn't really think to keep track. I will for my next project though!

Thanks all for the compliments. Only my friends and family had really seen it previously and mostly they were just confused lol.

I have no idea..... A lot... I didn't really think to keep track. I will for my next project though!

Thanks all for the compliments. Only my friends and family had really seen it previously and mostly they were just confused lol.

Unique concept. you should enter it or the next project in competitions.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

This is an amazing build. One of the best I have seen in a long time. Take some awesome pics and submit that to Million Dollar PC.

damn you deserve to get build log of the week 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Really cool.  Your craftsmanship and creativity are top notch.

Unique concept. you should enter it or the next project in competitions.

If the competitions involve moving this thing around I'm out lol. It's a nightmare now and I haven't even filled it yet :P If it's just entering photos and video though I could swing that.

This is an amazing build. One of the best I have seen in a long time. Take some awesome pics and submit that to Million Dollar PC.

I'd love to, once it's totally complete and not mounted on a wood paneled wall. Don't know if my photography skills will ever be up to snuff for MDPC though heh.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome i love these things

My Rig:

Case: Cooler Master CM II 690 Advanced USB3; Motherboard: Asus P8z77-v; Processor: i5 3550 3.3 GHz - 3.7GHz, oc @ 3.9-4.1 GHz; Graphic cards: two XFX 7850 black edition oc @ 1 GHz; 

Ram: Corsair Vengance Red 2x4 GB 1600 MHz CL8; Heatsink: Noctua NH-U9B; Power supply: Corsair HX750 W 80 Plus Gold; Storage: SSD Vertex 3 120 GB +2 HDD Wester Digital 1 TB

WOW that looks freaking sweet

I love the look

Corsair 350d, Asus Gryphon Z87, Intel i5 4670k 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600 MHz,

AMD Radeon 260x, Corsair CX600, OCZ Vetex 450 128gb, Seagate 2 TB 

Quite the fan of the steam punk type theme that has gone on with this little project of yours, the slight painting and wearing of basic PVC pipes and the likes looks truely great, seemed to have pulled it off flawlessly and it really gives it that grimey steampunk look, great job mate.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Quite the fan of the steam punk type theme that has gone on with this little project of yours, the slight painting and wearing of basic PVC pipes and the likes looks truely great, seemed to have pulled it off flawlessly and it really gives it that grimey steampunk look, great job mate.

Thanks, yeah the PVC came out really well, it looks even better in person. Some hammered rosemary colored rustoleum with a black and red-brown paint textured to look like rust. It was the only way I could think of to hide the power cables heading in and the HDMI cable heading out :P As far as the ageing on the rest of the mod, I just have always felt that the majority of steampunk style mods are so clean looking.... It always bothered me a little. When I think steampunk, I think soot everywhere and grimy streets with well dressed people wearing goggles walking down them lol.

Thanks, yeah the PVC came out really well, it looks even better in person. Some hammered rosemary colored rustoleum with a black and red-brown paint textured to look like rust. It was the only way I could think of to hide the power cables heading in and the HDMI cable heading out :P As far as the ageing on the rest of the mod, I just have always felt that the majority of steampunk style mods are so clean looking.... It always bothered me a little. When I think steampunk, I think soot everywhere and grimy streets with well dressed people wearing goggles walking down them lol.

Pretty much mate, it's better to have the cables inside of the pipes anyway, would look too out of place if all you saw was random ass wires trickling down from the back of the unit.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Pretty much mate, it's better to have the cables inside of the pipes anyway, would look too out of place if all you saw was random ass wires trickling down from the back of the unit.

Yeah, my sentiments exactly.

I'm thinking about putting some 5m LED light strips into some clear split loom tubing and running them out of the top of the aquarium and around my ceiling for accent lighting in the apt. Get the look of "energy output" piping.....

Ho Lee Excrement, that is awesome! thumb.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Wow, thats crazy awesome! Great job!

Nice icon picture btw :D 

Specs: | NZXT Phantom 410 | AMD FX 8350 | Cooler Master 212 Hyper EVO | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ SLI | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | Seagate 2TB & 1TB 7200RPM | Corsair Neutron 240GB | Corsair HX850 | Windows 7 64-Bit | Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Razer Deathadder 2012 | Dell 17" & ASUS 21.5" x2 Monitors | Blue Snowball | Audiotechnica M30X | 

Wow this is such a cool idea. Great Job!

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Ho Lee Excrement, that is awesome! thumb.gif

I'm new to this forum but I've been looking through the build logs sections and your builds are amazing. Seriously gorgeous. That being said, thanks! Coming from a distinguished modder such as yourself that means a lot :)

Wow, thats crazy awesome! Great job!

Nice icon picture btw :D

Hehe thanks man, great minds and all that :P

This is absolutely one of the sexiest builds I have ever seen

Wow this is such a cool idea. Great Job!

Thanks much peeps. Looking forward to filling it up and seeing it DONE. I feel like I've been working on it forever, but I'm impatient lol

It looks really nice against the wood wall.

[PC Specs] Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5, CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.4 GHz, Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 PLUS, GPU: R9 270X CF, RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz, Storage: 2TB WD Black, PSU: Corsair HX850i, OS: Win 7