Acid Rain (900D + Acrylic Tubing)

Oh holy crap of awesomeness, this looks gorgeous! :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

DUDE that is so sexy

PC everything!

CPU-FX8350@4.2  GPU- Sapphire 7870  RAM-8Gb Corsair Vengence @1866 Case-Arc Midi R2 PSU-Rosewill Xtreme Series 850W  Hard Drive-1.5T MOBO-ASRock 970 Extreme3

Looks awesome but I don't know about the white coolant, it makes it look kinda bland in contrast to the green. Other than that, amazing! I'd love to do acrylic but I don't have enough time to do it. Congratz man!

Well, the green is pretty hard to outdo so anything is going to look bland in comparison and that's why the green is in front ;) . I think it offers a decent contrast between the two though. I could think of no other pastel color to use  and considering the other colors I've used in the build it would look odd to chose something else like blue, purple, red, etc... I was considering gray, but the coolant looks a bit dull and muted (I mixed some earlier) so I stuck with the white.

Yeah I completely understand, green is just hard to match up with anything else. 

You thought about doing UV dye? UV Green and Clear UV Blue would look quite nice. Plus since the UV Blue is clear when the light is off you could probably keep the white Concentrate in there. So it would be be different themed when the lights are out. Performance-PCs sells really nice Cathode UV lights and they sleeve them whatever color you want for free. I have some and I chose green for the sleeving and and heatshrink and it's looks amazing!

Edit: I'm not sure what would happen if you put UV clear Blue in white concentrate. Kinda curious now lol. 

There is this. Pastel white with UV blue effect.

Personally, I want to keep lighting as subtle as possible. I'm not big on LED strips or cathodes but I will look into it, thanks.

Crap, I just bought the UV Clear Blue!

Oh man, that looks awesome. I vote for changing the white coolant for that and buying some UV green dye!

I used this heatgun, an oven glove, a bending insert (had to sand it down a bit to fit nicely), and vegetable oil. I attempted to use a few round objects like a small beaker, the cardboard roll that came with the primochill tubing, and a few other things I could around the house, but it turns out it's actually really easy to bend without using something to wrap around the hot tube. I used the lines on my wood floor to measure the 90 degrees and it turned out fine. I used my finger with the glove on to smooth out anything I saw that was odd and it turned out great. No jigs or anything necessary, but my bends are some of the simplest. If you do anything like a hook or odd shapes, you will probably need to use something to bend it around. Primochill's videos for this are helpful.

But it took me quite a few tries to get used to the acrylic. Making multiple bends, especially in different planes, is very difficult and it will likely take a few rods before getting it right. I mentioned this earlier, but only one of my runs has more than a single bend and that one has two in the same plane so it was much easier. I tried to make two 90 degree bends going off in different directions like this:

<photo>

And I did, but the pieces were slightly off (not perfectly horizontal and vertical when looking straight on) so I scrapped them and used the black 90 degree bitspower blocks to join them up. And I chose the the specific joints I did (circles) because these blocks are very heavy compared to the tubing. So if you placed them on the X's instead, it could weigh down the tube and create that slightly off angle like the problem I had originally with the single piece.

Cheers for that, hmm I was thinking of doing up a jig as I am going to have a couple of runs with multiple bends. Have to see how I go. I got 2x sets of tubes (8 lengths) of the Primochill stuff and am only running a twin rad single loop in an R4 so i should have plenty left over if I try and have a few failures.

I'm bagging on the white too. it may look better in person?  I have to say I'm a little jealous of those fittings! they really look good. I had just bought the original Ghost fittings and a couple of weeks latter, pictures started showing up of the revolvers. to late to start over, I like the ones I have, but when you take them back apart they tend to unthread out of the device rather that separating at the fitting like they should.  They should have milled an Allen passageway in the lower fitting so you can tighten them just a smidge more?  very cool build   Bro!

What a beautiful build! Probably one of the first 900D builds I like 100%!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

This build is fantastic! Love the coolant colors. Build of the week for sure.

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

I've seen some creative jigs as well like this one here. I'm sure it makes the more creative bends a bit easier.

Good call on the extra acrylic. More than likely, you will ruin a few rods and nothing is worse than realizing you ran out of tubes and you will have to wait a few days to get new ones shipped to you. Good luck!

I had seen this before and was trying to refind it. Thanks heaps for this!

what sort of temp are you getting on cpu max prime 95 24 hour ( as the temp you have up at the mow are just for 30 min im just wondering if they are much higher )

Again love the build

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

Love the build, the colours seem so vibrant and distinct from the darks! Amazing!

You should rotate the little EK logo on the cpu block :)

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV