[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654

what're the monitors this thing's going into? (imagining an entire wall covered by screens)

14 hours ago, alphastrata said:

what're the monitors this thing's going into? (imagining an entire wall covered by screens)

Fans, Lighting, temperature, Flow, etc...

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Wow that case is massive... At least you're actually using it though, so many people have massive cases with a totally standard, air cooled, single GPU system because it's "easier to build in", forgetting that the build takes half an hour then they have to live with this big, empty behemoth. Instead, yours is full of awesome, watery goodness.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

14 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

Wow that case is massive... At least you're actually using it though, so many people have massive cases with a totally standard, air cooled, single GPU system because it's "easier to build in", forgetting that the build takes half an hour then they have to live with this big, empty behemoth. Instead, yours is full of awesome, watery goodness.

I hate working in tight spaces, If it means a few extra inches I'm all for it. It was a nightmare working with S8S & trying to get all my rads in their and connecting everything. I also went a bit overboard with my S8S build: 2x360, 1x120 & 1x 240. The top was hardest part since rads/fans kept hitting my GPU due to low clearance.

It's kind of pointless to buy Case-Labs if your not going to watercool your parts (Minus Smaller Cases & Bullet Cases)

----------

I ran out of tubing, going be about two days until I can pick up on where I left off. In the mean time going to start to create my cables & connect a few of the parts inside the case.

uLW79Nb.jpg

dfrtYhF.jpg

----------

- I haven't heated up any of the heatshrink yet, debating if I should go a little bit bigger for my fan cables.

- Waiting on Some bigger heatshrink for my bigger Cables.

- Placed on last order for my cable supplies. They should be all here in week or two.

7 hours ago, Revan654 said:

-----

I changed the style of my fan cables, Theirs now all heatshrinkless.

looks good :) hope your stuff can get in soon so you can get to building :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

15 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Still Have allot of other work, I'm in no rush to get them.

well get to it :) im really enjoying it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

WdFs72M.jpg
yytMlQo.jpg

----------------

- Replaced the silver screws on my res mount with Black ones, I never understood with you get silvers screws with black products. Case-Labs does the same thing with their SSD mounts.
- Finished another PWM fan Cable, ran out of 22 AWG wiring. I have wait until Monday until I get another shipment of wiring.
- Bought allot of heatshrink over the weekend to cover all the cables I will be doing (Mostly all Glue versions). Since I'm all stocked up with normal heatshrink.
- need to find some kind of refillable lighter that works well with heatshrink. I'm going through lighters like their nothing.

I know been a few days without much updates, I'm sleeving allot of my cables. Which is taking time to thread the MDPC-X & DarkSide Sleeving through(Since I have to remove the pins as well). Plus my lighter keep dying, I'm going need to find a replacement.

- I have more MDPC-X & DarkSide Sleeving arriving shortly.
- I have no idea when my other shipment of sleeving material will be shipped out(Since it's coming from Iceland).
- Got all my 22 & 24 AWG wiring. I can start create my USB cables & more Fan cables. Also have Paracord fan cables from CableMod, If I need them(I forgot I had them).
- Got my replacement cables for my Switches.
- Also replaced my Power & Reset switch (I have to wait a few extra days for power, since PPCS sent me the wrong one).
- Ordered a giant box of heathshrink (Glue version) from Amazon. This way I don't have to keep ordering singles 1ft heatshrink from MFC.
- Also I might grab AquaComputer Pressure Sensor.

24 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I know been a few days without much updates, I'm sleeving allot of my cables. Which is taking time to thread the MDPC-X & DarkSide Sleeving through(Since I have to remove the pins as well). Plus my lighter keep dying, I'm going need to find a replacement.

- I have more MDPC-X & DarkSide Sleeving arriving shortly.
- I have no idea when my other shipment of sleeving material will be shipped out(Since it's coming from Iceland).
- Got all my 22 & 24 AWG wiring. I can start create my USB cables & more Fan cables. Also have Paracord fan cables from CableMod, If I need them(I forgot I had them).
- Got my replacement cables for my Switches.
- Also replaced my Power & Reset switch (I have to wait a few extra days for power, since PPCS sent me the wrong one).
- Ordered a giant box of heathshrink (Glue version) from Amazon. This way I don't have to keep ordering singles 1ft heatshrink from MFC.
- Also I might grab AquaComputer Pressure Sensor.

you could try a small propane torch at a low setting, should last you quite a while

Builds:

Spoiler

On 4/10/2017 at 5:42 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

you could try a small propane torch at a low setting, should last you quite a while

That would burn right through sleeving, heatshrink & possible wiring in a few seconds.

Ynblzkh.jpg

lrblAFi.jpg

tBEMbNH.jpg

MgAnMkR.jpg

owLHffg.jpg

MJyxHED.jpg

9n8g26W.jpg

5C1Aart.jpg

v2AmFCg.jpg

xAyKwBl.jpg

IEzBIFG.jpg

d6fXJ7R.jpg

------------

- Most of the heatshrink have not been applied to the sleeving yet.

- I removed the default Sleeving from AquaComputer & others, Then put MDPC-X sleeving on. Since I don't like how the cheap see-through sleeving looks like.

- Most of the custom USB cables are complete(Thin 5 pin connections).

4 hours ago, Revan654 said:

That would burn right through sleeving, heatshrink & possible wiring in a few seconds.

not at a low setting and at a bit of distance, i didnt mean like put the flame right on the heat-shrink lol

Builds:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

not at a low setting and at a bit of distance, i didnt mean like put the flame right on the heat-shrink lol

I had one before, It didn't work since like I said it burned right through the heatshrink & melted the sleeving.

This is what I picked up:

awazjga.jpg

On 4/12/2017 at 2:02 PM, Revan654 said:

I had one before, It didn't work since like I said it burned right through the heatshrink & melted the sleeving.

This is what I picked up:

awazjga.jpg

And it broken already. I guess I should have listen to reviews listed on Amazon. I guess I'll just go to dollar store & stock up on lighters.