[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654

Oh yeah! It's comming together nicely c: Cant wait to see more progres and final result!

IF U SEE MISTAKES IN MY POSTS - JUST TELL ME. I RLY WANT TO BECOME BETTER IN ENGLISH! 

Thank you for understanding! Have a nice day!

X99 buid: (under construction) [OWN] / [DON'T OWN]
CPU:I7 5820k GPU:ASUS GTX 660 2GB [Goal is GTX980ti] RAM:G.Skill Ripjavs4 16Gb (4x4 [Goal is 32Gb]) MOBO:Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5p Case:FD Define XL (rev.1)

990FX build: (sold)
CPU:AMD FX 6300 GPU:ASUS GTX 660 2GB RAM:Corsair Vengence 8GB (2x4Gb) MOBO:ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Case:Zalman Z3 PLUS

Peripherials:
Keyboard:Razer Arctosa Mouse:Razer Naga 2012 Headset:Logitech G35 Headphones:Sennheiser HD 558 Earphones:Razer Hammerhead Mic:Novox NC-1 Monitor:Syncmaster TA350

8 hours ago, Revan654 said:

That's what LED's are for. Trying to match my case as close as I can with the IO plates.

xD I was just joking. Having led to light this up is going to awesome. Are you going to use led strips around the case or just led from the motherboard. 

4 hours ago, Revan654 said:

zEis2w4.jpg
1e19PsR.jpg

Even the m.2 is wtc. This is crazy haha. Benchmark it since you can have the most sustain performance without thermal throttling. 

2 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

Even the m.2 is wtc. This is crazy haha. Benchmark it since you can have the most sustain performance without thermal throttling. 

I mainly got it so I could use vision terminal. I might grab a second M.2 block and move my Evo to the last PCie slot.

Since last PCie slot and the M.2 slot run on the same channel.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

xD I was just joking. Having led to light this up is going to awesome. Are you going to use led strips around the case or just led from the motherboard. 

I know, Just explaining. I have LED rigid lights in RGB & I have some UV if they will work on my tubing.

n2KPo8K.jpg?1

The last stage of radiator cleaning begins.

--------

I ran out of paint (Only have the cheap spray paint, which I refuse to use. Since it looks horrible on metal). I have to wait until cardinal paint arrives to finish up the IO slots.

11 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

n2KPo8K.jpg?1

The last stage of radiator cleaning begins.

--------

I ran out of paint (Only have the cheap spray paint, which I refuse to use. Since it looks horrible on metal). I have to wait until cardinal paint arrives to finish up the IO slots.

Interested to know what are you using to flush to rad. So you are using uv reactive tubing. What colour.

15 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

Interested to know what are you using to flush to rad. So you are using uv reactive tubing. What colour.

Using Mayhems Blitz Kit. No on the UV tubing.

2 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

oLmVVir.jpg

The 8 Pin EPS cable, Hopefully it's long enough.

Looks short in my eyes :P 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

oLmVVir.jpg

The 8 Pin EPS cable, Hopefully it's long enough.

Looks good man! And hey i just picked up my first PC parts today! 6800k, Asus x99-deluxe u3.1 and 32 gb of corsair lpx 2666

5 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Using Mayhems Blitz Kit. No on the UV tubing.

I taught ur suppose to soak the solution and clean it off later ?. U mean ur uv tubing is colourless ?

3 minutes ago, KeepItCool said:

I taught ur suppose to soak the solution and clean it off later ?. U mean ur uv tubing is colourless ?

I think he means it isn't UV tubing at all.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

2 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

I think he means it isn't UV tubing at all.

I see

3 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

No UV tubing at all.

9h87v4h.jpg
1duyE4E.jpg
02YKR2w.jpg

Having problems with the some of the paint I'm using. it keeps peeling off once you touch it (Left it dry for over 12 hours).

-----------

Replaced all the crappy plastic plugs with Metal low profile plugs from Bitspower.

This is coming together very nicely.  I can't wait to see the finished product! 

@Revan654 This entire thread is amazing and horrible at the same time. Amazing because this build log is so exciting. Horrible because every picture you post proves how much I can't afford this stuff xD 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

HJQfC3c.jpg

Guess It's time to start to connect everything.

-------------

Since when is Fed-Ex Express Slower then Ground?

Express: Monday
Ground: Friday

I should have went with Ground. The parts for my pump top should be here by Monday it seems.

-----------

30mm Screws - To Short
35mm Screws - Off by .5

Looks like I have some choices.

1. Cut .5 off of each screw (With a Screw cutter)
2. Buy something in between (If they make them)
3. Try to add some kind of layer of between the radiator, the fans & the mount.

----------

Opinion: Should I cancel my Aqua-Computer Vision items & just use dual terminal for my M.2 drives(It's already been two months, Still no word when they will ship)? or Should I wait for Vision terminal & Table Top Unit?

I'm happy that the build is starting to look like a computer already :D Can't wait to see it fully assembled :) 

3 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Opinion: Should I cancel my Aqua-Computer Vision items & just use dual terminal for my M.2 drives(It's already been two months, Still no word when they will ship)? or Should I wait for Vision terminal & Table Top Unit?

Well, I think thet if I would be in your situation I would cancel my order. After two months of waiting and not being able to finish my build I would be pretty much pissed off of how unprofessional their behavior is. They could at least give you an approximate date of when they will be able to deliver your order, or anything. That's what I would do. 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

8 hours ago, Revan654 said:

id wait a bit more atleast, its nicer that you do what you originaly planed then something else that you come up with during the build IMO

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016