[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654
3 hours ago, Discowarewolf69 said:

how are the thermal take fans treating ya? 

What thermaltake fans? All my fans are Corsair or BeQuiet. ThermalTake products should be thrown in the garbage.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

On 4/14/2017 at 7:56 PM, Revan654 said:

What thermaltake fans? All my fans are Corsair or BeQuiet. ThermalTake products should be thrown in the garbage.

haha sorry i must have miss ready something homes. Ya i had a couple of thermaltake and they were so loud and garbage that i had to take them out for some corsair

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

On 4/14/2017 at 7:56 PM, Revan654 said:

Titan X would be incredible though, just purchased myself a 980 that makes my mind go BOOOM 

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

4 hours ago, Discowarewolf69 said:

haha sorry i must have miss ready something homes. Ya i had a couple of thermaltake and they were so loud and garbage that i had to take them out for some corsair

I used to have corsair fans in my system. Replaced them for EK Vardars and will never go back. The SP fans were so noisy and never performed as well. I cant imagine how bad those thermaltake ones were.

19 minutes ago, CtW said:

I used to have corsair fans in my system. Replaced them for EK Vardars and will never go back. The SP fans were so noisy and never performed as well. I cant imagine how bad those thermaltake ones were.

Try ML Pro's I bet you will never go back to EK Vardars. EK does have that annoying sound to them. Thankfully ML Pro uses different technology.

ytDayjO.jpg
ZYsIi3E.jpg
k9r6M3J.jpg

---------------

- Going with Y cable crimped method. Not really a good method of fully sleeving sata power cables (Heatshrinkless). I tried a few methods, each way just didn't look right. I couldn't get MDPC-X & double crimped wire into a sata connector.
- The double crimp method doesn't work well SSD drives due to the fact their to close together & creates allot of stress to the connector & drive. Theirs some stress to the 3.5 drives as well but not as much. I still surprised companies have not tried to do in-line sata cables with their PSU or sleeved sets (CableMod).
- Speaking of Sata cables, I have yet to find any Sata 3 cables with 90 degree connector to Straight connector that heatshrinkless. The only heatshrinkless are straight to straight.

26 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Try ML Pro's I bet you will never go back to EK Vardars. EK does have that annoying sound to them. Thankfully ML Pro uses different technology.

ive never had an issue with the noise of my fans since i always run them at 900rpm or lower. I was looking at the MLs but the $10 extra over the vardars wasn't worth it to me.

16 hours ago, CtW said:

ive never had an issue with the noise of my fans since i always run them at 900rpm or lower. I was looking at the MLs but the $10 extra over the vardars wasn't worth it to me.

When I had the predator on my other PC, You could hear them. It's due to the motor. I know a few others who had the issue. ML Pro are currently my favorite fans followed closely by BeQuiet Silent Wings 3.

Not sure what ones you have, if you have the ones listed for 19.99. The difference would only be 4 dollars. since ML Pro's are 24 dollars.

This is definitely the most 'complete' watercooling system I've ever seen; everything monitored and filtered and carefully controlled.  It's really amazing.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

16 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

This is definitely the most 'complete' watercooling system I've ever seen; everything monitored and filtered and carefully controlled.  It's really amazing.

I'm not 100% happy with filter placement & the tubing. I might move it since it's getting in the way of the one drain.

12 hours ago, Revan654 said:

-----

Quick Question if anyone knows the answer. Anyone know of a good paint sealer? I want to seal what I have already painted & try to prevent scratches & such.

I've used Rustoleum clear coat before with good success, a better one is probably going to be Duplicolor as they are an automotive brand. Just make sure you follow the instructions and that the paints are compatible as I've seen clear coats wrinkle or crack the base coat before. It would be best to test a small section. 

12 hours ago, Revan654 said:

First shipment of sleeving parts came in today from Moddiy. For some reason half the order is missing or were the wrong version.

Damn, again some problems :/ 

It's nice to see the beast being finally assembled :D 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

7 hours ago, Marine_Boy said:

Damn, again some problems :/ 

It's nice to see the beast being finally assembled :D 

I never had issues with Moddiy (Except for the one return, that was the fault of USPS). It's a bit strange missing so many items from an order.

3 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I never had issues with Moddiy (Except for the one return, that was the fault of USPS). It's a bit strange missing so many items from an order.

hope you can get the right things in soon... also if you still need something for the heatshrink, a soldering iron could work for you.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

hope you can get the right things in soon... also if you still need something for the heatshrink, a soldering iron could work for you.

Everything from their are is connectors or terminals. I'm fully stocked up with heatshrink.

------

I been thinking of grabbing a soldering iron. I'm just not sure what one to buy & what silver solder wire to buy.

36 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Everything from their are is connectors or terminals. I'm fully stocked up with heatshrink.

------

I been thinking of grabbing a soldering iron. I'm just not sure what one to buy & what silver solder wire to buy.

i would get one with an adjustable wattage and a pointy tip instead of a flat. i just have a cheap one and its worked good for me, i repaired my K70 with it lol. for solder id just grab the cheapest lead free stuff unless you are doing something more advanced, i have never felt that i have wanted anything more expensive then the basic stuff. should also do a good job of shrinking your heat shrink aswell from what i know. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I was thinking of buying these:

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B61TWGY/ref=crt_ewc_title_gw_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3T95V05QKJ0CN

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3SG7F0/ref=crt_ewc_title_gw_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

----------

On side note, I'm switching back to fully sleeved Fan cables, instead of single braided cables. Due to the fact cable area started to get very messy & hard to mange.

------------

On final Note, All my sleeving supply has shipped. It takes about 7 to 14 days to arrive.

3 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I was thinking of buying these:

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B61TWGY/ref=crt_ewc_title_gw_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3T95V05QKJ0CN

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3SG7F0/ref=crt_ewc_title_gw_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

----------

On side note, I'm switching back to fully sleeved Fan cables, instead of single braided cables. Due to the fact cable area started to get very messy & hard to mange.

------------

On final Note, All my sleeving supply has shipped. It takes about 7 to 14 days to arrive.

that should be a nice soldering iron but check if you get any solder included before you buy more, the included stuff is usiually decent and lasts for a while aswell so you can save a bit of money :D 

Builds:

Spoiler