[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654
8 hours ago, Marine_Boy said:

I'm happy that the build is starting to look like a computer already :D Can't wait to see it fully assembled :) 

Well, I think thet if I would be in your situation I would cancel my order. After two months of waiting and not being able to finish my build I would be pretty much pissed off of how unprofessional their behavior is. They could at least give you an approximate date of when they will be able to deliver your order, or anything. That's what I would do. 

Painting held me up a bit. Since it kept peeling off. I'm guess it was due to weather, not suppose to paint while it snowing. I have three types of paint on the slot expansion slots. I had to use a mix of MTN 94 + some basic outside grill Black Paints.

Thankfully I have more MTN 94 Coming However only place I can get ahold of colors and addons is overseas (Cost a bit for Shipping) Plus Cardinal paint (Paint Case-Labs Uses minus the powder coating).

Aqua-Computer keeps pushing back each time I E-mail(It went from January to February to now March). They even stated once they put the device I'm waiting for on hold since other products have higher priority at the time. They may be able to get around to do Soon.

I might just sell them if they ever ship them, Since it's next to impossible to find those devices currently.

I just don't think AquaComputer has the resources required to keep up with everything, Vision products were not ready to ship. That might be a reason why they now charge for AquaSuite. The money they make off of aquaSuite will maybe allow them to hire more people.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Never ever going to use Fed-Ex Express again. I'll stick with overnight or Ground.

My Packaged arrived at the last area before delivery. Since it's not Monday, they refused to deliver the package. It even say it in the tracking information.

This is why I prefer UPS.

2 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Never ever going to use Fed-Ex Express again. I'll stick with overnight or Ground.

My Packaged arrived at the last area before delivery. Since it's not Monday, they refused to deliver the package. It even say it in the tracking information.

This is why I prefer UPS.

Fed-Ex is like terrible. Their customer service is sub par... They delivered a 500 dollar package of mine to my neighbor, didn't even have to sign for it... Customer service said that they would ask the driver, and I get a call back stating that it had been delivered to the proper house... my neighbor comes over and says that they delivered it to the wrong house... Imagine if they wouldn't have brought over the package... I hate Fed-Ex with a passion...

10 minutes ago, Call Me Dubstep said:

Fed-Ex is like terrible. Their customer service is sub par... They delivered a 500 dollar package of mine to my neighbor, didn't even have to sign for it... Customer service said that they would ask the driver, and I get a call back stating that it had been delivered to the proper house... my neighbor comes over and says that they delivered it to the wrong house... Imagine if they wouldn't have brought over the package... I hate Fed-Ex with a passion...

Had that happen before. Fed-Ex told it wasn't delivered yet, Even though the tracking data said delivered. Customer Support are mostly idiots, DHL customer support is 1000x worse. It was a nightmare trying to send something back to EK. I don't think anyone at DHL understands English. This is why you shouldn't outsource your customer support.

Fed-Ex got so bad at one point that Amazon had to add a special note into my account to never ship using Fed-Ex.

2 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Had that happen before. Customer Support are mostly idiots, DHL customer support is 1000x worse. It was a nightmare trying to send something back to EK.

Fed-Ex got so bad at one point that Amazon had to special note into my account to never ship using Fed-Ex.

I will admit, sometimes Fed-Ex is okay, but packages are usually never on time, when they say they will. But I only had that package delivery screw up once, and it was i think because of holiday help, never saw that particular driver before. UPS on the other hand, knows me by name, and knows exactly where to place the packages, I actually personally know the guy!

12 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Not sure whats going on the last two fan holes for the radiator are not lining up with fans & the radiator mount.

thats pretty strange, just dont take a drill to it without precautions like Linus did

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

44 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

thats pretty strange, just dont take a drill to it without precautions like Linus did

It's the fans causing the problems. The Fans are thicker then normal fans. Mainly the middle fans are pushing the outer fans beyond the screw hole my .02 mm.

Just now, Revan654 said:

It's the fans causing the problems. The Fans are thicker then normal fans. Mainly the middle fans are pushing the outer fans beyond the screw hole my .02 mm.

ahh them i would just grab some sandpaper and shave them down just a tiny bit

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

JJun4VN.jpg
tyTTJiH.jpg
6ktwbAW.jpg
0LK6PYY.jpg
Z6JA0cW.jpg
X4MDcge.jpg

----------------

- I tried to brand the Corsair ML Pro, due to the small gap the wire goes through. I couldn't get both wire & sleeving into it. Since their a small plastic piece sticking out which locks the wire into the gap. The area is to tight to file that down.
- Placed a gasket on the radiator since I didn't want to cut through the radiator mount(Since the two ports stick out.
- Placed a 140 accessory plate at the end, One on the left side will be a fill port & the right side will hold filter.
- The one gap in the harddrive cage is for my one replacement harddrive, Once Western Digital sends me a replacement. I still have room for one more SSD & possible one more 3.5 drive.

10 minutes ago, alphastrata said:

1080ti is out now - how many of those you gonna put in?

OP already has a Titan XP

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

It still looks like it will be another month or so until Aquacomputer would ship out my order. I went ahead & cancelled it. Theirs no excuse for taking nearly 4 months to ship out a few items.

I hope that you will be able to continue anyways. Sad that you didn't get to put everything you wanted in this monster :/ But i think it will work anyways :D With or without Aquacomputer parts :) Still can't wait to see it assembled :D 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

20 minutes ago, Marine_Boy said:

I hope that you will be able to continue anyways. Sad that you didn't get to put everything you wanted in this monster :/ But i think it will work anyways :D With or without Aquacomputer parts :) Still can't wait to see it assembled :D 

It was mainly these two items:

23666.jpg

53238.jpg

The rest I can get other places. I just ordered everything from AquaComputer to save on shipping.

I can live without the table top unit, It would be nice to have the terminal to always have the data on my CPU, GPU & water temp. I contacted a few online stores that did have them instock to see if they have any left or when the next shipment is due.

Vision products are extremely hard to get a hold of for some reason.

4 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

It was mainly these two items:

-SNIP-

The rest I can get other places. I just ordered everything from AquaComputer to save on shipping.

I can live without the table top unit, It would be nice to have the terminal to always have the data on my CPU, GPU & water temp. I contacted a few online stores that did have them instock to see if they have any left or when the next shipment is due.

Vision products are extremely hard to get a hold of for some reason.

Well, I have to say that these look pretty neat! :D Maybe you will find them somewhere else, good luck with the build anyways :) 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

2 hours ago, Marine_Boy said:

Well, I have to say that these look pretty neat! :D Maybe you will find them somewhere else, good luck with the build anyways :) 

I been talking to one store which deals directly with Aqua-Computer. They told me The Matte Table Top Unit is still in production and is not set to be released until the end of April at the earliest.

Got to love AquaComputer WebStore support, telling me it's only going take a week before it ships(btw, they been telling me that since the end of January). :dry:

19 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I been talking to one store which deals directly with Aqua-Computer. They told me The Matte Table Top Unit is still in production and is not set to be released until the end of April at the earliest.

Got to love AquaComputer WebStore support, telling me it's only going take a week before it ships(btw, they been telling me that since the end of January). :dry:

Gotta love support from these sites lol.

The one site I talked to said their getting a new shipment of terminals in at the end of the week. I went ahead & placed my order with them. Table Top unite is still can't be found anywhere.

If that fails, I still have this:

EXUXEnM.jpg

One side note, It seems aqua-computer & Heatkiller terminals are designed the same(Even the standard one). I wonder if I could use aquacomputer terminal on a Heatkiller product without any leaks.

DZzeRR1.jpg

soAEOx1.jpg

o19cUSK.jpg

-----------

- Still debating if I should put gasket on my 560 rads or just keep them as is. my 420 had to have them so I could use the radiator mount without cutting the front of the mounting due to the two radiator ports. Plus to close the gap in the front of the radiator.

- The bottom of the case gave me some trouble getting the mounts installed, the screw hole was off my 0.01mm. Had to push down on it a bit to screw the mounting plates in correctly. I already double checked & the top is perfectly aligned. Not sure if all THW10 are like that or a misstep by Case-Labs.