Hey guys, former Tek Syndicate forum user here switching to LTT

AdmiralAckbar13

Wow.  Everything over here on the LTT side is so bright!

I am a former Tek Syndicate forum user.  While I made an account here on LTT several years ago, I never really used it.  Tek Syndicate became my "internet home."  in light of recent events, I am distancing myself from Tek Syndicate as a whole, as the primary people that I liked over there have moved on (Wendell & Qain).  I am going to try and make LTT my "internet home," for technology discussion.  I actually have been watching LTT on YouTube long before I started watching Tek Syndicate, but for whatever reason was always more active on the Tek Syndicate forums.

I like how the LTT channel is a bit more "inclusive" of differing viewpoints.  While I am sure their are no shortage of "Apple haters," on this forum, Logan on the Tek Syndicate side was so vehemently apposed to that company (and others) that he often was contradictory and hypocritical when other companies made the same mistakes as Apple (he would often give other companies a free pass).  Just so you know, I use OS X and Windows primarily, and I dabble with Linux, so I am very inclusive of all technology brands and operating systems.  I just love all tech in all of it's different forms.

I hope to have a more active role in the community here on LTT, and that LTT remains a little bit more "drama-free" than the experience I had with Tek Syndicate.  Despite liking Qain/ Wendell & the community, I found Logan's grandiose behavior to be a little off-putting.

Look forward to seeing you guys in the forums.

5 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

Understatement xD We have fanboys and pissbabies here too...

Those are everywhere on the internet basicly.

Compaired to the Teksyndicate forum, this forum is still rubbish imo.

It intergrates realy nicely.

But It realy has a serious cache bug or some sort.

LMG should fix it lol.

Oh for sure, it's unavoidable.  In fact, I have discovered one of the most difficult positions to be in is when you really don't choose a specific side, because then you get attacked from both sides, haha.  The people over on Tek Syndicate (as in the community) were actually quite understanding and inclusive.  It was the people running the site that often weren't, unfortunately.

34 minutes ago, shaneybrainy13 said:

Oh for sure, it's unavoidable.  In fact, I have discovered one of the most difficult positions to be in is when you really don't choose a specific side, because then you get attacked from both sides, haha.  The people over on Tek Syndicate (as in the community) were actually quite understanding and inclusive.  It was the people running the site that often weren't, unfortunately.

i´m exaly a member on the TS community my self, one of the mods.

But I´m also active on a couple of other communities, there are all cool in their own way.

Its allways cool to meat people on the internet and share knowledge and experiance.

16 hours ago, RGProductions said:

try using the dark theme

I use the dark theme, i cant stand the white.

This is most likely a cache bug with the sever or something like that.

We do have Apple haters here I'm sure, but the Graphics Card sub-forum seems to be the main spot for biased people at the moment from my own observations.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

We do have Apple haters here I'm sure, but the Graphics Card sub-forum seems to be the main spot for biased people at the moment from my own observations.

Ah yes, the Nvidia and AMD fanboys haha.  There isn't a tech forum on the planet that doesn't have Intel/AMD/Nvidia fanboys.

4 minutes ago, shaneybrainy13 said:

Ah yes, the Nvidia and AMD fanboys haha.  There isn't a tech forum on the planet that doesn't have Intel/AMD/Nvidia fanboys.

Unfortunately.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

4 minutes ago, shaneybrainy13 said:

Well those discussions will indeed popup everywhere nomatter which community.

And basicly there isnt realy much wrong with that, as long as people stay mature and comment in a polité way.

But sometimes discussions can get pretty frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Maybe a little in the CPU sub-forum as well :P 

*Asks for a good GPU upgrade* people find out he has a FX CPU, hell breaks loose telling him to upgrade to an i5 as his FX will bottleneck everything... (just sayin...a FX isn't that bad yah know :P)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Well, depending on how the argument is structured (and everyone stays civilised) it can be quite informative.

Agree :)

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Maybe a little in the CPU sub-forum as well :P 

*Asks for a good GPU upgrade* people find out he has a FX CPU, hell breaks loose telling him to upgrade to an i5 as his FX will bottleneck everything... (just sayin...a FX isn't that bad yah know :P)

To be fair, it's not the fanboys' fault that AMD hasn't updated their architecture in any meaningful way since 2011. You'll get people insisting you buy Zen soon enough :)

Tbh I don't think it even matters unless you're going for 120-144 fps. I'm still on Sandy Bridge (albeit six core), and my IPC only limits me to around 90-100 which at 60hz is obv not an issue.

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Well, depending on how the argument is structured (and everyone stays civilised) it can be quite informative.

Fanboys in general are bad, whether or not the discussion is peaceful.

While we are on the topic, what do you guys think of the RX 480?  I am going to be donating my AMD FX-8350 rig to my brother here in a few months, but naturally keeping my graphics card (GTX 1070), so he is going to need a card.  Debating between an RX 480 and a GTX 1060.  He games at 1080P so he (probably) won't need a card with more than 4GB VRAM.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Fanboys in general are bad, whether or not the discussion is peaceful.

Good point. 

Just now, shaneybrainy13 said:

While we are on the topic, what do you guys think of the RX 480?  I am going to be donating my AMD FX-8350 rig to my brother here in a few months, but naturally keeping my graphics card (GTX 1070), so he is going to need a card.  Debating between an RX 480 and a GTX 1060.  He games at 1080P so he (probably) won't need a card with more than 4GB VRAM.

The 1060 is better than the 480 in games that use DX11 whereas the 480 is better in games that use DX12/Vulkan.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Depends from game to realy.

The GTX1060 is overall the better card i think atleast based on current review and sources that i have seen.

The RX480 will have a benefit in certain Vulkan and DX12 titles.

But again it will depends from game to game still.

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The 1060 is better than the 480 in games that use DX11 whereas the 480 is better in games that use DX12/Vulkan.

Too add on top of that, the 4GB RX480 is quite a bit better than the 1060 3GB  cards, this includes DX11 titles actually so keep that in mind if you arean't getting the full fledged card :P 

(the RX470 exists as well ;), it's a decent 1080p card as well)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Hello and welcome.^_^

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I could have sworn, I've posted in a thread with the same title.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

@shaneybrainy13 To fix the whole "Wow, so bright!"-issue. Scroll all the way down, and hit the 'Theme'-button. Change it over to Dark Theme.

Will be a much, much more pleasant experience if you do. IMO.

16 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

People keep saying that, but so far the only games I've seen the 480 beat the 1060 in Dx12/Vulkan are Hitman and Doom. In every other game I've seen benchmarked the 1060 beat the 480 in Dx12 -- albeit by like 2-5 fps so I'm not saying that it's better, just that the oft-repeated claim that AMD is better in Dx12 than Nvidia I have never seen substantiated. The only games I've seen use Vulkan at all are Doom and the Talos Principle (which does worse than in Dx11 across the board) so I don't see how people are asserting that a card does or does not support an entire API well when their sample size is effectively 1.

A more accurate statement is that the 480 gains value for money in Dx12 since the performance difference between it and the 1060 closes when moving to Dx12.

2 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

People keep saying that, but so far the only games I've seen the 480 beat the 1060 in Dx12/Vulkan are Hitman and Doom. In every other game I've seen benchmarked the 1060 beat the 480 in Dx12 -- albeit by like 2-5 fps so I'm not saying that it's better, just that the oft-repeated claim that AMD is better in Dx12 than Nvidia I have never seen substantiated. The only games I've seen use Vulkan at all are Doom and the Talos Principle (which does worse than in Dx11 across the board) so I don't see how people are asserting that a card does or does not support an entire API well when their sample size is effectively 1.

A more accurate statement is that the 480 gains value for money in Dx12 since the performance difference between it and the 1060 closes when moving to Dx12.

K I'll spam that in every 480 vs. 1060 thread c:

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats