[Build Log] The Define Project (it's like the never ending story... c'mon inside!)

adi518

Ahh sorry guys, I often forget to check this forum and since it doesn't send email notifications I totally forgot.

You can actually set it to send you notifications via email in your notification

options under settings if you wish. It's just not the default.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I never really considered the lightning editions but with the stickers off they look awesome!

Great idea.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

*drool*

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Holy crap I love your attention to detail on this thing down to each cable and I can't wait to see the finished build. (Nice rez btw)

anything yet?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

How am I not yet Following this? I really love the amazing attention to detail can't wait to see more :).

Amazing....

My Rig: i5 3570k at 4.2 GHz 1.12 Volts, Hyper 212 Evo, Maximus V Gene, RM650, 840 Pro and Seagate Barracuda, 8 GB of Sniper Ram, and a GTX 770.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back on it...

Today's work and the next days is going to be a major push towards to end!

I made stencils out of wood and then used them with the mighty router. Obviously one for the psu cables cut-out and another for the 24 pin to reach from behind the tray:

zS1j0ic.jpg

End result:

liPtnEH.jpg

As you can see I already marked all the bolts that will attach it to the case, and also the pump bracket that will be held to the acrylic wall, holding the pump and res. I also marked the bolts for the case floor, tomorrow I hope to drill everything and have the floor, wall and case fit all installed. Turns out installing the lian li case feet isn't going to be hard to install since taking a deeper look reveals they're designed so only a small center area is contacting with the case, so no need to go berserk making elevation adapters, just a 1mm spacer that is as wide as the center and it works beautifully, the psu dust filter remains ofc! Hopefully the hardware store has the spacers I need in stock, will check tomorrow. :)

* Sorry for the quick pictures, I actually got a new camera so soon I'll be back on the good quality!

PS,

I also decided to use that extra 120mm radiator black ice has included with my replacement gts 280mm (replaced by gts 360). I got the tubing all lined up in my head.. and I decided to maybe skip chrome and instead, blacken the copper (not using paint, but a proper chemical process that blackens copper). Should give it a nice matte black finish. :)

Really glad to see this build log back underway. As I have been checking it quite a bit. keep it up! :)

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

I see what you did there

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

hehe... I made so many mistakes in the process... but you learn from mistakes, so it's a good thing. :)|

testing the cable inside the case:

9906161056_8d79cfce48_o.jpg

Awesome build man! Props for the amount of detail, i think this is the first build I've seen where i can say nothing has been left untouched

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

Done a lot of work today!

lian li case feet installed - check
case floor installed - check
case wall extension installed - check
himuro mount installed - check

The cable routing went exactly as I planned, so far I'm pretty happy with it!

to do:

1. finish wiring
2. sleeving everything that's left
3. finish my radiator mounts, some sanding and paint!
4. get a pipe bending tool (found a good one on ebay)
5. tap the 120mm radiator with m4 threads
6. prepare the copper tubing and paint it black (will be doing extra bunch of tubes to make it sli-ready)
7. rebuild my usb 3 cable (hard task)
8. prepare led wires for the block and res (might skip the res, we'll see)
9. flush the radiators and fittings
10. decide on pump controller placement
11. leftovers...

check back this post for pictures. :)

Done some more sleeving but not enough to show it off yet. :P

Anyway, in the process, my atx pin remover gave up and broke. :(

Fortunately, my dad had an idea... we used a disc cutter to shape one of the round edges of the tool into a new set of prongs:

9940096133_946c02b42e_o.jpg

Cool, huh? :) Now I can delay ordering a bunch of new ones from overseas.