[Build Log] The Define Project (it's like the never ending story... c'mon inside!)

adi518

Pretty much. Use some q-tips dipped in alcohol.

• 2 weeks later...

After a long discussion with 'Liquid Extasy', I've now ordered the water blocks for my motherboard, both in nickle-plexi. I will also be doing a review article about them in the reviews section. :)

It looks so beautiful I had to cry for a moment. Now I know what to do with my mpower

This looks just absolutely brilliant!

Are you using the define r4 window or are you making your own window?

And this is why we don't want to wipe the forums database.

Internet reps to you for not just thinking outside the box with your build but taking the time to edit the images and add the effects. That sort of thing just makes it all the more amazing - well done and I'm looking forward to seeing the final product. :)

very impressive, great job. amazing pics

Thanks for the comments guys. Something seems wrong with the forum.. I'm getting reply notification emails, but when I enter the thread, I can only view like half of the posts.. few hours later it seems to be sorted, but still not sure what's going on lol.

Anyway, about the project, I finally closed down a deal on the motherboard blocks in plexi/nickel and those are due to ship in 2-3 weeks. Once I get those, I'm going to be assembling the entire thing and leave the cabling for the end. I'm also having a slight difficulty to work on my cables since I need a good temp power supply and these aren't easy to come by, so I'm stretching my searches at least until the blocks are almost here.

• 2 weeks later...

Freaking amazing, keep up the awesome work :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

• 4 weeks later...
I know it's been quite a while since the last update so here's a new one... motherboard blocks are getting ready to ship... they're now in the process of being nickle-plated (shot taken by Liquid-Extasy):

Cu6B0z6.jpg

Saturday noon... decided to get productive again.. well there're things I should prep before the blocks arrive.. so.. one of the things I liked about Igor's "project 30" is the cable management. He just pulled that off flawlessly and I'm taking example. However, I noticed that in the R4, the mobo tray isn't as wide as the Corsair Igor used so, I decided to use some more acrylic and extend it. Well, the idea is almost inevitable since I needed to make a mount for the res anyway. Two birds, one strike. :D

fXORx6Y.jpg

It's finally taking shape.. well a physical mock up I made after positioning the tray extension:

* Ignore the fan orientation, it's obviously wrong. :)

JTBPja2.jpg

Extremely poor quality shots, sorry about that. I was in a hurry. ;)

Thanks. :)

Btw, something is wrong with the forum. Views don't update on the thread. :(

This is going to look great. :)

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12550-my-r4/'>My R4

Congrats on your featuring red_leader! You definitely deserved it.

I've set myself a goal to try and create a tool-less fan cassette, that I can easily detach from the radiator for cleaning. We'll see how this plan goes. :D

Looks great i'll keep watching :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Congrats on your featuring red_leader! You definitely deserved it.

I've set myself a goal to try and create a tool-less fan cassette, that I can easily detach from the radiator for cleaning. We'll see how this plan goes. :D

Thank you. :)

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12550-my-r4/'>My R4

Another small update.. since I don't have a "true" 680, I've got a 670 ftw, the writing on the backplate, had to go:

6KxvI8d.jpg