[Build Log] The Define Project (it's like the never ending story... c'mon inside!)

adi518

Another small update.. since I don't have a "true" 680, I've got a 670 ftw, the writing on the backplate, had to go:

6KxvI8d.jpg

Very nice, what did you use to remove it?

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12550-my-r4/'>My R4

Very nice, what did you use to remove it?

^ acetone :)

sorry that I answer for him, he wrote it in another forum.

nice work thus far.

i look forward to seeing more eye candy.

Keep up the a-ma-zing build log. I love it!  ;)

| Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.8Ghz | MSI Z77A-G45 | Sapphire HD Radeon 7850 | 2x4GB Crosair Vengeance Memory @ 1600Mhz | OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W PSU | DeepCool Rockman fan controller | 1.25TB of storage |

Definetly following this :O Amazing work man, keep up !

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

• 2 weeks later...
In the process of sleeving my Seasonic P-760 (new platinum series) I found out crucial info all should know prior to sleeving / making cables for this psu. Seasonic has changed the gpu sockets from the dual 12-pin gpu sockets to 4x 8-pin sockets which are all fit to either CPU or a GPU. There isn't a dedicated cpu socket anymore! Now, to add to that, Seasonic has changed these sockets so they do not correspond to the standard EPS! I made a picture for you to see the differences:

KVQIIFg.jpg

Cleaning the original SS P-760 connectors:

WIzEiwX.jpg

Started working on the cables.. well, first one is the sata power for the hdd. The sata data is already made since the beginning of the project so:

P90fkJc.jpg

Maybe it's time to reveal that the p-760 I bought off the local classifieds had a small cosmetic issue, result of slightly mis-assembling the psu while in factory. Seasonic were awesome to quickly help with this issue under warranty, and express sent from Taiwan a new power supply! I still can't believe they did that. I should get it delivered to my door on Sunday morning. Also someone @ OCN's Platinum club offered to send me these free goodies:

o5mCjg2.jpg

Another small update...

I got this Koolance pump controller for free so figured it won't hurt using it... I opened it up to inspect it and found this:

ZwdNJXE.jpg

Well, the cap looked a bit damaged so decided to replace it. Desoldering one leg was enough to make it come off completely, hence the other leg was broken so this was a REAL damaged cap. Can't figure how they stuck a 'QC PASSED' sticker on the side of it haha! I removed the sticker of course. ;)

oJeEj2p.jpg

Next: mounting this thing in the case. Need to figure out the wiring, etc'. :)

Last update for today: cleaned the pump engine from dirt and stickers so it doesn't stick through the gorgeous bitspower modkit:

qwY0IKV.jpg

Awesome awesome log

tumblr_inline_mhtfz3P2Kz1qc2wsy.gif

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

This is awesome keep it up!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

This build log is beautiful.. I can't wait for the final results! Keep up the amazing work.

System Specs: AMD FX-8350, Coolermaster Hyper TX3 cooler, 8 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 ram, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, ASUS Xonar DGX sounds card, ASUS wireless card, Corsair GS700 power supply, NZXT Hue, NZXT Phantom 630 black, and an ASUS Matrix 580 gpu.

What a mess:

E5LHmAw.jpg

Much better:

Rlp8Yir.jpg

Pump controller ready:

LlsB7W7.jpg

amazing braiding of the cable's. looking great so far :D

Nzxt switch 810 -- Intel i5 3570k @4.2Ghz(water cooled) -- Asus Maximus V Formula(water cooled) -- 2x  GTX 690(water cooled) -- Corsair AX1200i -- Corsair Vengeance 16GB -- samsung 840 120GB (2x) -- Seagate Barracuda 500GB -- 3 Asus 24" screen's -- Corair K70 -- EKWB watercooling blocks and rads --

Also this came in the mail the other day:

IAC2Ggo.jpg

Can you guess what it is? :)

Some serious and detailed work you're putting in to this build! :o  Just awesome, man! Subbed for shure ^_^ 

Really looking forward to this :P

cant wait to see this finished , this is going to be one sick rig =)

hmmm that picture... Seasonic ... hmmmmm Platinum.... :rolleyes:

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Working on those cables! :D

ZBfYFbP.jpg

Can't wait to final assembly!

I love the amount of detail that goes in to every single piece

....A small update, I'll take it   :P

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Just messin' with the camera, it's good old fun. :)

Tomorrow though... I hope to get started working on that big, beefy, infamous Seasonic 24-pin.

Just messin' with the camera, it's good old fun. :)

Tomorrow though... I hope to get started working on that big, beefy, infamous Seasonic 24-pin.

Goodluck to ya ;)

Those 24-pin's are always so daunting when you start :(

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog