Guys, we found a revolutionary new design for harddrive cooling!

After 10 years of research and organizing, we have finally come up with a new solution.

Revolutionary, Air Cooling, Innovative, Recyclable

Have you ever wondered what should you do with that crappy cpu fan?

post-41607-0-34290500-1381452067_thumb.j

To be honest, they can run fine without cooling. Look at some small form factor PCs from Acer or something.

Best use for an Intel/AMD Stock heatsink? :P

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Oh for christ sake people..just stick the whole thing in a cooler at 30 below zero.hehehehe :wacko:

based on my experience, it's the hdd's pcb that normally gets warm,not the top part..hitting 40C for a hdd is still ok and well beyond its thermal limit.

The heatsink would be pretty loud if it ran at full speed imo. My drives don't get really hot because of the front intake fans so it isn't really necessary imo but this is a great idea imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I don't have the fan running because AMD fans are probably one of the worst things ever created. They're loud and inefficient. I just use the heat sink.

This is amazing I bet it really helps keep the HDD from overheating  :P

CPU: Intel i5 2310 Mobo: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: MSI 760 Twin Frozr 4GB RAM: 8GB ADATA XPG Gaming Series 

Storage: OCZ Aglility 3 120 GB SSD, 2 250GB Segate HDDs Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 PSU: Antec NEO ECO 520W

Now OC it like a boss!

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

After 10 years of research and organizing, we have finally come up with a new solution.

Revolutionary, Air Cooling, Innovative, Recyclable

Have you ever wondered what should you do with that crappy cpu fan?

attachicon.gifIMG_3061_mini.JPG

now i can use my shitty stock fan :)  for cooling other than using it as a paper weight

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2