The process has begun

DutchTexan
2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Nope, it tells you what's happening with your computer. CAM tells you everything, but does use a bit of RAM. In game I like PrecisionX for its overlay, an overlay puts information on the screen so you can keep track of what's happening with your computer. The more information you have, the closer to your overclocking limit you can get. I'm pretty serious about knowing everything going on in my PC.

Ohh you are describing something like a third party fps display, but probably more indepth with temperatures and stuff?

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

For GPU overclocking I recommend MSI Afterburner.

For CPU stressing I used x264 Stability Test V2 which is recommended all over OCN. 

It stresses hard but doesn't go crazy on temps, so you can run it overnight and if you come back and there's no BSOD you're pretty solid.

It can take many hours for an unstable CPU OC to crash, so overnight tests are convenient.

GPU overclocking is best to play games, since it doesn't always outright crash if there's issues. Bad visual things can happen like artifacting, which would obviously require you to be present to see.

So unless you just want to stare at benchmarks for hours straight, just play some demanding games like BF4 or ROTTR, Witcher 3, Crysis, etc.

GPU benchmarks aren't very good anyway since things like Witcher 3 are likely to crash in what FireStrike and Unigine Heaven say are fine.

What's stable in one game may not be in another though, if you're trying to squeeze every last drop of performance this can make things annoying.

Really for monitoring stuff, just make sure your temps are safe. That's all you really need to be concerned about.

SpeedFan is the best tool for fan control if you're going to optimize your airflow and noise.

2 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

@Hunched @i_build_nanosuits @App4that @FPS-Russia @Coombzy @Morgan MLGman @bgibbz @DominicNikon @Streetguru @Starelementpoke @valdyrgramr @GoodBytes @herman mcpootis @brob @suchamoneypit @jetstarkiller @roctrebira @Beeeyeee @HKZeroFive @cortexcortex @glitchmaster0001

You don’t have to help, I just reached out to.. acouple people.. who have helped me before :) 

I will be building everything when the first group of parts come in. I ordered everything but a HDD, monitor, and GPU. I will also be buying an external optical drive to use my brand new Windows 7 pro OEM CD key.

My first boot will be to a tv with my keyboard and mouse plugged into the pc to see if it is all connected and if all the hardware works. What should I do after everything went right?Ive watched video where people go and change stuff in the bios and change their ssd to something 01 and they start overclocking their cpu, cpu and ram? How would I get into that or what is the procedure? When should I actually install the Windows Key?

I will be coming back to everyone if I have an issue that I don’t understand regarding how to troubleshoot if a piece of hardware is faulty, if that’s okay with y’all.

Parts should arrive Tuesday, I am just getting nervous. I would like to be prepared as possible. Oh and I will be doing the build on marble floor for anti static purposes, good?

Wouldn't suggest overclocking or tampering with bios until Windows is installed. First off, read through motherboard documentation. You may need to enable/disable certain bios settings to install Windows 7. Next, boot into installation media, and begin install. Here is a good guide to help you- 

at this point, after all drivers are installed, settings are configured, account set up, then you may begin overclocking. I would first creat a system image though in case you ever want to revert back to fresh install conditions.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

On 11.08.2016 at 3:00 AM, DutchTexan said:

Thanks! I will be buying an external optical drive and booting to a TV for the first time. Someone from work provided me a Windows 7 Professional Key

You can download Windows 7.iso file and upload it to a USB flash drive through software called Rufus, no need for an optical drive :)

Good luck with your build though!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

8 hours ago, bgibbz said:

Wouldn't suggest overclocking or tampering with bios until Windows is installed. First off, read through motherboard documentation. You may need to enable/disable certain bios settings to install Windows 7. Next, boot into installation media, and begin install. Here is a good guide to help you- 

at this point, after all drivers are installed, settings are configured, account set up, then you may begin overclocking. I would first creat a system image though in case you ever want to revert back to fresh install conditions.

Thanks! How would I creat a system image? That's like saving my settings and setup as my beginning, default point?

great resource thank you!

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

7 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

Thanks! How would I creat a system image? That's like saving my settings and setup as my beginning, default point?

great resource thank you!

go to backup and recovery settings in control panel, then click create a system image. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

9 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

go to backup and recovery settings in control panel, then click create a system image. 

So I used that Rufus thing and turned something into a 64 bit kilobites that will go on my 32gb usb flash drive. Then I popped in the cd and opened the files and moved them to my usb. 5.22gb transfer has about 20 minutes left on my old laptop.

Does all this sound about right? Rufus was just to configure my boot device, correct? 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

4 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

So I used that Rufus thing and turned something into a 64 bit kilobites that will go on my 32gb usb flash drive. Then I popped in the cd and opened the files and moved them to my usb. 5.22gb transfer has about 20 minutes left on my old laptop.

Does all this sound about right? Rufus was just to configure my boot device, correct? 

Yes. 

5 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Yes. 

It never asked me to type in the Windows key?

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

1 hour ago, DutchTexan said:

It never asked me to type in the Windows key?

Have you previously installed windows on the machine? It should be fine though, worst case it will ask you for the product key withen 30 days. 

The first batch of hardware should be in tomorrow. I actually just went through the RMA process and Newegg is mailing me a return package of some sort. I will be returning the i5 6600k and replacing it with an i7 6700k. 

Very excited!

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Currently

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nnrhtJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nnrhtJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($152.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($66.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.39 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($75.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($90.98 @ Newegg) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM  140mm Fan  ($20.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Max Keyboard Blackbird Wired Gaming Keyboard  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Mouse: Razer Razer Naga 2014 Wired Laser Mouse  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Other: LED Strip ($14.99)
Total: $952.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-15 21:32 EDT-0400

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

So, I have everything installed for my PC but the wireless adapter, GPU, and HDD. 

I ran into a few problems, but figured them out with the help of another forum thread here on linustechtips.com

I am currently on hold to fully install Windows. It is either 1 of 2 or both of these issues. 1: my bootable drive with my oem Windows 7 pro key on it was incorrectly configured. 2: some people have been saying that an i5 6600k/i7 6700k are not actually compatible with any OS other than Windows 10.

So, I am currently waiting on an external optical drive that I just ordered. I plan on trying to reinstall Windows 7 pro via cd key. Plan B is to purchase an oem Windows 10 key and install that.

I will be moving my led strip around to the top and installing my wireless adapter. Then, after I have Windows and all the other drivers figured out, I will be purchasing a GTX 1070, some amazing speakers and sound deadinging materials, and purchasing a 1440p monitor.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Nice, I have a White P400S case sitting here waiting to swap my current build into. A few more parts and it will be ready. So its cool to see other people's builds in them.

Mobo - Asus Z170M-PLUS ; Ram - 16GB Corsair Vengeance ; CPU - Intel i5 6600(non k)

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB Windforce OC Edition ; PSU - Cooler Master V750 Case - Bitfenix Prodigy M (have p400S waiting to transfer)
Daily Joystick Podcast

22 hours ago, keNNySOC said:

Great build...!

Thanks! I still need to buy a GPU, a HDD, a monitor, and some speakers!

20 hours ago, cannonshane said:

Nice, I have a White P400S case sitting here waiting to swap my current build into. A few more parts and it will be ready. So its cool to see other people's builds in them.

It was pretty okay for my first ever build, so far anyway. The two things I don’t really like are how easy fingerprints stick all over the case and how my PSU just JUST fits height wise.

I would never have began my build if I didn’t buy this case. I got it for $49.99?!

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Found out the oem Windows 7 Pro key I got for free from a friend at work has actually already been activated and used. So, I just bought a new one. Yes, I paid $128.82 for a Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit (OEM) System Builder DVD. 

Officially breaking the $1,000 mark on my video card-less, HDD-less, and speaker-less system. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

I just now saw your post lol. Why did not you not buy a key from a website? would have been much cheaper.

Nice build so far!

9 hours ago, jetstarkiller said:

I just now saw your post lol. Why did not you not buy a key from a website? would have been much cheaper.

Nice build so far!

I was thinking about it, but I don't want to deal with it. If you were offered a beautiful Ferrari 458 for like $60k, wouldn't you be suspicious? Something has to be up.

Plus I bought a cool little external optical drive so I can have my 32gb Lego USB be back again. I'd much rather use a CD.

2 hours ago, NoobCase said:

I6600k and i7 6700k are fully compatible with windows 7 - don't listen to those people. 

Thanks for the reassurance! I looked all over the place for some information on the subject, couldn't find anything. Some individual on newegg live chat even said he wasn't sure, but it shouldn't be consticted to one OS. 

The major factor for sticking to Windows 7 pro is because I'm attached to it, and very used to it. I really, really don't like Windows 10, 8.1 is pretty bad too. Also, my archer T9e wireless adapter is not compatible with Windows 10.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Installing Windows 7 Pro has been a lot harder than I thought it would be. I am going to pay someone to do it on Monday. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

• 3 weeks later...
On August 28, 2016 at 7:37 PM, DutchTexan said:

Installing Windows 7 Pro has been a lot harder than I thought it would be. I am going to pay someone to do it on Monday. 

It’s been over month. I ended up giving up on Windows 7 Professional and was lucky to get a full refund from Amazon. I walked into a local Microsoft store and purchased a Windows 10 Key. It was ridiculously easy to install. Literally just plugged in the provided 3.0 usb and was on my way. The guy behind the counter told me that Windows 7 is actually very difficult to install now, so I feel better about myself in that regard.

I have been very busy with several things. I have decided to purchase a monitor in the mean time.I did some research and got my heart set on a 1440p monitor. Did some more researched and figured the $800 for a predator ips monitor was worth it. I then saw the price drop below $750 so I bought it that minute. Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 1.20.25 AM.png IMG_1583.JPGIMG_1589.JPG

So far, my first impressions are very good. I really like the monitor, how it feels, how much it weighs, all the connections and even how it sounds is better than I expected, but not great by any means. The colors looks very very good. I cannot speak fully about the picture because I am only in 1080 with the hdmi cable. Cant wait to get a worthy GPU.

IMG_1591.JPG

I have a temporary set up at the moment, because I still have some stuff that I am working on with my iMac. It is very temporary. Also my PC is a little dirty as I have not actually cleaned it since I built in it last month. I have spent a lot of time optimizing windows 10. I moved my LED strip to the top, did some general cable management and I put my extra 140mm Noctua fan at the bottom of the front intake. I have a very solid flow through my cpu and out. I have 3 120mm fans blowing in virtually a straight line through my car. The 140mm Noctua fan is waiting for a nice GPU.  

IMG_1592.JPGIMG_1593.JPG

Next up is to buy a HDD, GPU and some audio hardware!!! Very excited!!! IMG_1590.JPGIMG_1597.JPGIMG_1598.JPGIMG_1599.JPGIMG_1595.JPGIMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1582.JPG

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

I just ordered the final bits of hardware to complete my first custom PC build :1 Very excited! Can’t wait to use this machine for what it was meant to be used for!! 

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 12.47.12 PM.png

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X