Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

So this old used R9 280x, i have no problems at all with the issues mentioned, the only reason i had issues was using a 7450 at lower than low settings at 480P.

on my old video card there were no ladders when I put it back ladders remained.I all started after replacing the hard drive and graphics card. the other day I will try to change hdd na ssd

I’m going to try a few new things in the meantime,   I also pre ordered google stadia for 130 bucks,  see how that works when it’s shipped..  maybe I can get back to gaming on PC with stadia...  who knows..

Guys dont waste money on new hardware it hasn't helped anyone.

if the problem is in the wiring?when watching movies video everything is fine

in metro exodus games,thief 4 with smoothing enabled through the game perfect picture

I have been following this thread extremely closely with a watchful eye for about a year ever since I caught the problem, I have finally made an account to report my experience.

I get a massively low level of detail in nearly all games and suffer from massive pop in from close range distances in all games and it seemed to have happened about 3 months after upgrading from 1060 6GB to 2070 RTX with a 600W EVGA WHITE PSU. I always had the same PSU, but had 2 sudden shutdowns while playing in that time with the 2070 and they were only when playing the RE2 timed demo. There are many people with different issues, some have bad shimmering/AA (me personally not at all) whereas others like me have very bad LOD/Level of Detail quality and all of a sudden, grass and shit in close proximity is popping up everywhere, which is what my system suffers massively from pop in, from everywhere, even in very close distance, whether its trees when you zoom in on them or shadows that flicker when you move beyond a certain point. I don't know why but Insurgency Sandstorm is more playable on my friends 4460 i5 1060 3GB compared to my 4790K 2070 8GB and it's freaking me the fuck out. The only thing that stands out from a while back (say when I noticed things) my system hard locking and shutting down when I played the Resident Evil 2 demo on Steam. It crashed my PC a number of times and from what I can recall that is when the issues started to occur. It could have well been an unstable CPU OC however but it wouldn't have been a crazy one as my CPU doesn't allow it. (4790K)

I am thinking about returning my 2070 while I still can because it seems to me like a GPU fault/VRAM fault/Micron Memory fault.

What would help is if everybody could report their specific issue and their specs in the same post, like so:

ISSUE: EXTREMELY LOW LEVEL OF DETAIL LOD, POP-UP OF ENVIRONMENT IN CLOSE PROXIMITY, CONTINUOUS AS YOU PLAY

SPEC:

i7 4790K

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 1150 Motherboard (duff USB port)

24GB HyperXFury 1866MHz x3 8GB

MSI Armor 2070 RTX

BT/Wifi card sat right above GPU, could that be it!?

x2 SSD

x1 HDD

x3 USB HDD connected often

600W EVGA WHITE PSU (NOT THE BEST BUT GOOD MAKE)

FORMAT & FRESH INSTALL OF W10 X64 1903 DOES NOT FIX  IT NOR DOES THE DCH DRIVERS 1903 ENFORCES CONFIRMED. SO IT IS NOT A SOFTWARE ISSUE CONFIRMED.

7 hours ago, hazman1988 said:

I have been following this thread extremely closely with a watchful eye for about a year ever since I caught the problem, I have finally made an account to report my experience.

I get a massively low level of detail in nearly all games and suffer from massive pop in from close range distances in all games and it seemed to have happened about 3 months after upgrading from 1060 6GB to 2070 RTX with a 600W EVGA WHITE PSU. I always had the same PSU, but had 2 sudden shutdowns while playing in that time with the 2070 and they were only when playing the RE2 timed demo. There are many people with different issues, some have bad shimmering/AA (me personally not at all) whereas others like me have very bad LOD/Level of Detail quality and all of a sudden, grass and shit in close proximity is popping up everywhere, which is what my system suffers massively from pop in, from everywhere, even in very close distance, whether its trees when you zoom in on them or shadows that flicker when you move beyond a certain point. I don't know why but Insurgency Sandstorm is more playable on my friends 4460 i5 1060 3GB compared to my 4790K 2070 8GB and it's freaking me the fuck out. The only thing that stands out from a while back (say when I noticed things) my system hard locking and shutting down when I played the Resident Evil 2 demo on Steam. It crashed my PC a number of times and from what I can recall that is when the issues started to occur. It could have well been an unstable CPU OC however but it wouldn't have been a crazy one as my CPU doesn't allow it. (4790K)

I am thinking about returning my 2070 while I still can because it seems to me like a GPU fault/VRAM fault/Micron Memory fault.

What would help is if everybody could report their specific issue and their specs in the same post, like so:

I let them check my GPU  but apparently it works fine. xD

Whatever this is its probably not hardware related, according to the electricians i asked so far power is very unlikely too, though i need to admit the competence of some people is rather questionable since one tried to argue with me that it must be my cheap 400€ monitor/800€ TV. :P

44 minutes ago, Strider890 said:

If this problem isnt caused by eletricity, software, hardware, some virus what exactly causes this problem?Nothing right?

tingling increased further

1 hour ago, Strider890 said:

If this problem isnt caused by eletricity, software, hardware, some virus what exactly causes this problem?Nothing right?

Its very obvious..... i mean it can only be magic! For real though there is a logical solution like allways but in all honesty if we find out what this is we are probably better then most techs out there lol.

19 hours ago, hazman1988 said:

I've noticed that many people have this problem after changing a part, most often a GPU. I'm touched myself and I have the same problem as you, after changing my GTX970 to an RTX2060 the problem appeared, I RMA the GPU so I got a new one and it's still the same shit. I also tested with the iGPU of my processor and it confirms that it's not the GPU.

So it's not your GPU, you're probably affected by that too. You'll want RMA yours, but I doubt it'll work.

For the first time I saw this problem in GTA5 and BF4, I changed the gpu and saw these flickers in BF4, in the same period my monitor broke. It all started with moving to a new apartment, too many coincidences .. Moving to a new apartment, a broken monitor, and after buying a new gpu i started to see these flickers and jagged edges everywhere. Maybe it's just a coincidence, i don't know. And as I can see, the problem does not depend on the country, location. 

many it appeared with the replacement of the video card,and it does not disappear when you re-replace the video card,it's strange

I don't know why developers and companies don't talk about this problem? At least i can watch movies in good quality

For me, I didn't change anything. My computer is brand new, bought on March 17. Also, I don't notice any problems with electrical installations in my house. Everything works fine.

I looked at some old screenshots that I made on my old system. I can say for certain now that I had the Issue on the old system too, maybe for years. But I just thought "this computer is old, I play on low settings, of course it looks terrible". Then I bought this new computer and for 10 days everything was perfect. I was so impressed and said to myself "wow these new games look so amazing and realistic this is unbelieveable!" Then, out of nowhere, everything went to s**t.

What I would like to know is: how come everything was fine for 10 days? Did I have good electricity for 10 days? Or does it take 10 days for something to break? What the hell happened in those 10 days???

29 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

For me, I didn't change anything. My computer is brand new, bought on March 17. Also, I don't notice any problems with electrical installations in my house. Everything works fine.

I looked at some old screenshots that I made on my old system. I can say for certain now that I had the Issue on the old system too, maybe for years. But I just thought "this computer is old, I play on low settings, of course it looks terrible". Then I bought this new computer and for 10 days everything was perfect. I was so impressed and said to myself "wow these new games look so amazing and realistic this is unbelieveable!" Then, out of nowhere, everything went to s**t.

What I would like to know is: how come everything was fine for 10 days? Did I have good electricity for 10 days? Or does it take 10 days for something to break? What the hell happened in those 10 days???

2017 - also a bad year for me. I had recorded gameplay 2015-2016 year with good graphics quality and after 2017 everything looks like a crap! Battlefield 4 looks ridiculously bad compared to 2014-15.

25 minutes ago, Quod said:

2017 - also a bad year for me. I had recorded gameplay 2015-2016 year with good graphics quality and after 2017 everything looks like a crap! Battlefield 4 looks ridiculously bad compared to 2014-15.

Can you post a comparison showing gameplay with good quality and how it looks now? That would be a good example to show people who STILL don't believe there is a problem.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:02 PM, DaoNayt said:

Can you post a comparison showing gameplay with good quality and how it looks now? That would be a good example to show people who STILL don't believe there is a problem.

The problem is that I see recorded videos have the same awful jagged edges/aa.  As I said, after 2017 everything looks bad, even recorded gameplay.
I had a lot of gameplay videos (rainbow six siege 2015, bf4, bf1 2016), but unfortunately I deleted them all 

My problems started when I upgraded my GPU GTX 1080 Ti to RTX 2080 Ti. But why this problem also appeared on other PCs I tested I have no idea. I can change hardware parts, software, but all the issues are just stuck in there no matter what I do. Need some good drugs to understand that.

2 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

did you update drivers for your graphics card?

18 minutes ago, beluy said:

did you update drivers for your graphics card?

No, I installed the graphics drivers when I first got the computer and that was it.

17 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

No, I installed the graphics drivers when I first got the computer and that was it.

was it a downloaded driver from the Internet or a disk installation?

Downloaded. Its the same driver though. AMD drivers are universal.

Hey guys, i have been following this topic for quite a long time, 3 months, since my problem started (type 2).

I have a i5 8400k, 1060 msi dual oc  6g, 8 g ram, normal 1tera HD and a good new generation basic mother board....

I have been playing AAA and top graphics games since june last year(2018), the problem started in march or april of this year 2019.

I played Farcry 5 on ultra graphics with 60-80fps, the game was increadible fantastic in graphics, played 400 hours of PUBG on high settings, World of Warcraft top graphics to and great perfomance, all fine.

Soo 3 months ago i download a torrent game (Divinity Original sin 2), everthing was fine, entered the game, in character screen the colors, aliasing were prettty bad, very saturated colors/contrast and bad AA. I Played the game few hours, tried all kind of settings with no result, downloaded another version and the problem was there, than i did started to dig info about this game and this problem and discovered about the subject we are facing here.

Then i entered in PUBG (which i was playing everyday for months, and did played alot last year to) and suddenly the game looked lame, i upped settings to ultra, did all sort of combinations on Nvidia Panel and the game was looking like low graphics no matter what.

Now all my games has this issue, i don't face alot of shimmering, the biggest problem is Shitty AA, bad looking textures, graphics, strong colors and contrast, and perfomance is not like before. All stuff look like medium-low graphics with medium AA even on MSAA.

I live in Brazil, our house eletricity runs on 220v here, we don't have grounding ( can't convince my dad to do it)and the computer faced many power outbreak's shutdown, but had no problem for like 8-9 months of use. 

So it was like that, everthing beautifull, installed this game, entereded the game, computer ruined.

1080p hd videos on youtube also looks low resolution, twitch streams cameras  has shimmering/flickering on some textures, the problem is not just in games.

Praying to the new and old gods to find a fix for it, i'm still playing WoW everyday, but i always notice how lame high settings look like...:(