Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

I'm sorry if anything I said was offensive.

Here are my opinions, reached after three months of detailed testing:

A VGA adapter is irelevant, since people without an adapter have this issue as well.

My resolution is irelevant, since people have the same problem at 1080p, as shown above.

I tried super resolution, FXAA, 8xMSAA and none of that made much difference.

Constantly focusing on these suggested fixes, when they have been proven ineffective just makes the entire thread go round in circles and doesnt help anyone.

for three months I tried to change components several times,brought out separate sockets.and came to the conclusion that the stairs appear when you start to constantly change the settings of the graphics card.and treatment of this problem is to purchase a completely new PC and not to climb in the settings on the card.

before the advent of ladders who constantly changed the settings of the video card?

they were always current in a smaller volume,after the video card defect they amplify

Well I always try to tweak graphics settings in games...

not the game.and in amd setting or in nvidia panel

On 7/2/2019 at 10:10 AM, Strider890 said:

The Google translate (or another translator) butcher you translation from russian to english.

Maybe you have read my post where I stated the new PC FOR ME solved this problem in games.

The new PC didn't have this ISSUES  but if you guys think this is normal I don't know what to say.

It is 21st century!

you changed the PC and the problem disappeared forever?

44 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

I'm sorry if anything I said was offensive.

Here are my opinions, reached after three months of detailed testing:

A VGA adapter is irelevant, since people without an adapter have this issue as well.

My resolution is irelevant, since people have the same problem at 1080p, as shown above.

I tried super resolution, FXAA, 8xMSAA and none of that made much difference.

Constantly focusing on these suggested fixes, when they have been proven ineffective just makes the entire thread go round in circles and doesnt help anyone.

i have this problem even with 2k\4k vsr on 1080 monitor, 4k helps and shimmering is less noticeable, but this doesn't help in all games, especially where there is no TAA/TSAA. Hdmi / vga doesn't matter.  And I can't play all games in high resolutions because of my mid range gpu - r9 380. Until 2017, everything was fine and now you have to use 4k resolution in old games, it's ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, Strider890 said:

The Google translate (or another translator) butcher you translation from russian to english.

Maybe you have read my post where I stated the new PC FOR ME solved this problem in games.

The new PC didn't have this issues but if you guys think this is normal I don't know what to say.

It is 21st century!

A fix like these, show that maybe it's not about eletricity after all, i feel its software, but it's just an intuition.

Problem solved - we will just buy new PCs every two weeks :)

that was a joke, no offense intended

It would be great if it really was a software issue, but apparently no one in the world knows how to reset it back.

13 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

Problem solved - we will just buy new PCs every two weeks :)

that was a joke, no offense intended

It would be great if it really was a software issue, but apparently no one in the world knows how to reset it back.

People have this issue even on high-end PC's so i see no connection between hardware and this issue. I'll record a video from my screen - Sniper Elite 4 looks absolutely terrible and unplayable on full hd, even on 2k. In this game, thousands of people online, how do they not notice this? Maybe because I remember what the games should look like. That's why that annoys me so much lol

I think to change computer on parts ,the problem not disappears.need a complete replacement of the system unit.has anyone changed their computer to a brand new one ?

1. New PC's/hardware doesn't help
2. New OS/Linux/Mac (? has someone tried macos?) doesn't help

3. We all see this shit outside the games - youtube, even on desktop sometimes (i see)
4. We have this issue on PS4 and Xbox
It's
Sofware/Screens - Monitors, TV's/or Electricity
as the root of all problems

See how cod4 looked in 2009, there is no shimmering/flickering even without TAA

10 years ago, 2019, this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-L7Wn_B4XF29lj-_hM7WXtohbmgIG0a3/view?usp=sharing. I don't play this game i just installed to show you, high settings/1080p res, bought it 2 years ago on steam and I don't remember such terrible shimmering.

My phone has started to have the same roughness problem for 3-4 days.

3 hours ago, Quod said:
1. New PC's/hardware doesn't help
2. New OS/Linux/Mac (? has someone tried macos?) doesn't help

3. We all see this shit outside the games - youtube, even on desktop sometimes (i see)
4. We have this issue on PS4 and Xbox
It's
Sofware/Screens - Monitors, TV's/or Electricity
as the root of all problems

See how cod4 looked in 2009, there is no shimmering/flickering even without TAA

10 years ago, 2019, this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-L7Wn_B4XF29lj-_hM7WXtohbmgIG0a3/view?usp=sharing. I don't play this game i just installed to show you, high settings/1080p res, bought it 2 years ago on steam and I don't remember such terrible shimmering.

Video is highly edited and most likely supersampled in Vegas.

You can resample the image with filters that smooth it out, COD 4 even back then i had a 9800GTX+ it looked jaggied.

Here it is in 2011 on SLi GTX 480.

This is when Nvidia focused on adding better image quality, they introduced 32x CSAA with this generation of GPU.

Even on the edges of finer details there is shimmering present with 32x CSAA in both images, the harsh edges of objects look sublime whilst other objects still shimmered.

Plus geometry in COD 4 and lack of detail made it far easier for a "cleaner" look. It's not so difficult.

dfdfd.thumb.jpg.ac669f7322aa0ab0a72b4f7cc0ce55b0.jpggsdgsdgdsd.thumb.jpg.9cb8fdc930743dda49c4efbace0c538a.jpg

Just now, Strider890 said:

How much people here have Ryzen CPU?

I'm reading older posts in this thread and few guys solved their problem with Ryzen CPU.

Same. i'll buy Ryzen soon, but they didn't solve all the problems, they still have flickering lines/shimmering i guess 

1 minute ago, Strider890 said:

I think small amount of this in the games is not too scary and it is normal to have it on 1080p.

But I don't believe that the cpu can change the IMAGE on the monitor. Sounds like a joke

41 minutes ago, HedgeSledge said:

COD 4 even back then i had a 9800GTX+ it looked jaggied. 

But it didn't look so awful, I remember that exactly. And I don't remember this kind of shimmering in sniper elite 4 (2017), there is clearly something wrong here, i saw the same flickering in bf4 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WAJH6LHyOImUD3DC9xrOrVgGDldYQi1F/view?usp=sharing

Just now, Quod said:

But it didn't look so awful, I remember that exactly. And I don't remember this kind of shimmering in sniper elite 4 (2017), there is clearly something wrong here, i saw the same flickering in bf4 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WAJH6LHyOImUD3DC9xrOrVgGDldYQi1F/view?usp=sharing

BF4 had flickering issues since it's release, as did BF3 before it, the engine has Z-buffer issues.

15 minutes ago, HedgeSledge said:

What AA method is applied?

i have no idea, everything on High, anisotropic filtering x16, tessellation on, most likely this game does not have TAA, Including the problem of this thread - it becomes almost unplayable. Only TAA/TSAA and 4k helps to hide this issue, but not completely

16 minutes ago, Quod said:

i have no idea, everything on High, anisotropic filtering x16, tessellation on, most likely this game does not have TAA, Including the problem of this thread - it becomes almost unplayable

There is no AA option is the answer because if i am correct* Sniper Elite 3 uses the same engine, as does Sniper Elite 2, which all have the same aliasing problems.

I hate to break it to you for this game too, but AA is shader based, not MSAA, not CSAA, it is approximate and looks bad in motion but great in still images.

The other option is 2x or 4x SSAA which is VERY demanding.

2 hours ago, Strider890 said:

How much people here have Ryzen CPU?

I'm reading older posts in this thread and few guys solved their problem with Ryzen CPU.

I have it.

14 hours ago, HedgeSledge said:

There is no AA option is the answer because if i am correct* Sniper Elite 3 uses the same engine, as does Sniper Elite 2, which all have the same aliasing problems.

I hate to break it to you for this game too, but AA is shader based, not MSAA, not CSAA, it is approximate and looks bad in motion but great in still images.

The other option is 2x or 4x SSAA which is VERY demanding.

Dude rather then disproving videos with very funny explanations, try to actually expain how and by what AA can be influenced since we allready told you this changed overnight.

Just yesterday i tried to play a few games (insurgency sandstrom, apex legends) and quess what they had such bad AA flickering that some buildings just vibrated and that wasnt even far away, for insurgency some areas look fine but others like windows same effect. This simply isnt normal and the sooner you accept that the more you can really help us here.

Ow and yea AA was on....

"4x SSAA" that option made it look worse btw.