Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

a couple of things that help to somehow fix the image is a proper TAA, TSAA and 4k resolution. I'm playing Insurgency (2014) in 3840x2160, R6S in 2k + TAA, that's really annoying.. Drawing distance is still bad, I still see these small flickering lines on the stairs and wires, without a virtual super high resolution image quality is extremely bad.

problem size jumped

this video came out while browsing the phone

even the phone has the same problem

I sent the video to my cousin

her own phone also does not have this problem

my cousin is in another city

the problem has nothing to do with the computer

used phone iphone 6S

What could be the source of this problem even affecting the phone

watch the video, pay attention to the roughness, and comment

On 6/30/2019 at 11:06 AM, can0753 said:
-snip-

Looks like 360p on my screen, I saw exactly the same flickering lines in games. Are they invisible to other people?

9 minutes ago, Quod said:

Looks like 360p on my screen, I saw exactly the same flickering lines in games. Are they invisible to other people?

Indeed they are, thats why it is so hard to show people whats wrong, for example if you capture gameplay of a game and upload it, it will look terrible for you but normal for everyone else, the only thing you can do is captue it ofscreen with a camera, phone then it is visible for everyone.

The reason for this is probably that our GPU is affected by something and theres not which means it will basically be displayed normal, i even had this stuff on my TV the same effect as on my PCs, there arent many rational explanations left at this point.

Whats interessting is i saw the same behaviour on many TVs PCs in my town, idk why so few notice it.

12 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Indeed they are, thats why it is so hard to show people whats wrong, for example if you capture gameplay of a game and upload it, it will look terrible for you but normal for everyone else, the only thing you can do is captue it ofscreen with a camera, phone then it is visible for everyone.

The reason for this is probably that our GPU is affected by something and theres not which means it will basically be displayed normal, i even had this stuff on my TV the same effect as on my PCs, there arent many rational explanations left at this point.

Whats interessting is i saw the same behaviour on many TVs PCs in my town, idk why so few notice it.

That video shows the same crap that comes with any computer generated image with small high contrast details.  It is normal, and has been a thing since computer graphics have existed.

CGI for movies are massively oversampled (16x or more) to get rid of this effect.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

That video shows the same crap that comes with any computer generated image with small high contrast details.  It is normal, and has been a thing since computer graphics have existed.

CGI for movies is massively oversampled (16x or more) to get rid of this effect.

it doesn't look like that on my cousin's phone

1 minute ago, can0753 said:

it doesn't look like that on my cousin's phone

Because it is being upscaled and blurred, which removes the high contrast noise.  Some phones have higher resolution screens than others and different hardware/software scaling.

Video playback quality depends on software and hardware scaling quality.

I guess the screen size up to 27 and the resolution to 4-5k does not solve the problem? Has anyone tried? In my experience, even the VSR/DSR slightly hides this crap but not in all games.

35 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Because it is being upscaled and blurred, which removes the high contrast noise.  Some phones have higher resolution screens than others and different hardware/software scaling.

Video playback quality depends on software and hardware scaling quality.

even my cousin's phone is the same version of my phone

I noticed the TV also has the same problem

On 7/1/2019 at 12:31 AM, KarathKasun said:

CGI for movies are massively oversampled (16x or more) to get rid of this effect.

Didnt mean this example in particular.

Read the comments those are the awnsers we get allways the same stuff.... apparently we dont know how to turn on AA.

On 7/1/2019 at 2:30 AM, Strider890 said:

Do you see how looked my old motherboard?

I forgot to mention when this problem started on my PC I removed mask from the chipset, cleared old thermal paste from chipset, applied new one thermal paste on chipset turned on PC, started Dragons Dogma and the quality of the image was worsen.I did noticed some kind of circle around the charachter and vertical lines, shimmering jagged edges was increased.

Now again I see this same circle around charachter of Dragons Dogma and around charachters of GTA5.

Summa summarum I think my new motherboard is falling too like old one and I have this problem in games and desktop because of the motherboard.

Halos/outlines around text are caused by a sharpening filter on your monitor generally.  If you are using VGA, a bad cable can cause a shadow effect where colors dont line up properly.

Visible LOD transitions can be caused by improper mipmapping/filtering.  LOD offset can also cause this.

On 7/2/2019 at 12:06 AM, Strider890 said:

I have taked some gameplay with my phone.Look how are awful graphic in the games.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1faHCOeRNT-pvgW2Mk5fhVsEMOu0j28mN

What is abnormal about your image quality?

Graphics issues are there for everyone.\

Here from my own computer.

Divinity II.

See shadow LOD change? there is also exchange of texture quality that is very subtle but noticeable.. all normal things.

Game has no AA options.

With game tweaks you could definitely extend the LOD at the cost of more memory use & higher CPU/GPU usage.

Skyrim on my 360...

No different, what you see are edge artifacts on objects with edges because the implemented FXAA solution is not accurate enough.

5 hours ago, HedgeSledge said:

Skyrim on my 360...

No different, what you see are edge artifacts on objects with edges because the implemented FXAA solution is not accurate enough.

Not to mention that FXAA isnt actual anti-aliasing.  Its just an image space blur effect.

12 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Not to mention that FXAA isnt actual anti-aliasing.  Its just an image space blur effect.

This is Tekken 7 supersampled 40% over native resolution with all AA applied, it is still not fully perfect, but if you are not looking for it, you do not notice it.

After the match i go customize to show the edge artifacts on the character model of Kazuya that are still present even supersampled because the SSAA i am using is not enough to hide it all fully.

8 minutes ago, HedgeSledge said:

This is Tekken 7 supersampled 40% over native resolution with all AA applied, it is still not fully perfect, but if you are not looking for it, you do not notice it.

After the match i go customize to show the edge artifacts on the character model of Kazuya that are still present even supersampled because the SSAA i am using is not enough to hide it all fully.

Yep.  It gets even worse as your screen size goes up.  1080p @ 30" is horribly aliased in many cases where 1080p @ 15" on my laptop looks great.

Pixel size is important, as is pixel spacing... and both get worse as screen size goes up.

Again, here's my uncompressed videos. Youtube compression can hide a lot of detail.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bRQBSxvB403sV90YKnKsT6KsVNhsYDuY?usp=sharing

Compare GTA V with the video above.

7 hours ago, Strider890 said:

I have taked some gameplay with my phone.Look how are awful graphic in the games.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1faHCOeRNT-pvgW2Mk5fhVsEMOu0j28mN

I can't watch Gdrive videos for some reason. They dont start at all.

7 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

Again, here's my uncompressed videos. Youtube compression can hide a lot of detail.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bRQBSxvB403sV90YKnKsT6KsVNhsYDuY?usp=sharing

Compare GTA V with the video above.

I can't watch Gdrive videos for some reason. They dont start at all.

You can supersample in GTA V also with the resolution slider in the advanced graphical settings menu.

Stuff like meshes, edges of distant harsh edges become a lot smoother, with FXAA applied they become barley noticeable.

But if you don't have the GPU power it will always be an issue.

Aliasing is unfortunately an artifact of 3D rendering that is costly to try and fix.

So your resolution of 1280x1024 is very low, so that means anything below 8xMSAA is not going to cover those pixels.

Which also means VGA connection?

VSR does not work at this low resolution or over VGA.

What GPU is this?

Resolution and VGA is irelevant. Otherwise people on 1080p and HDMI would not have this problem.
Sorry, but I went through everything you said many times already.

7 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

Resolution and VGA is irelevant. Otherwise people on 1080p and HSMI would not have this problem.

VGA is not a digital connection and brings artifacts depending on cable quality, it is most definitely accountible in questioning quality of your image.

Now on the part where the garage transitions into a different lighting environment, this is normal behavior so that it is not too taxing for a computer, engine optimization, it only happens in that specific area too where a lot of reflections & details are.

Everywhere else is jaggy, try this with the slider in the advanced menu turned to around 2.5x with FXAA applied.

1 minute ago, DaoNayt said:

Resolution and VGA is irelevant. Otherwise people on 1080p and HSMI would not have this problem.

Resolution and connection type is extremely important.

With the evidence that there was no change when I tried these things.

As for resolution, heres the same problem in 1080p: 

"Please avoid accusing others that they are lying. Members are coming to this thread to ask for help regarding a specific problem and it should be assumed that they are truthful with their statement, bluntly putting that into questions will result in your reply being removed regardless of the informations it contains.

Message added by wkdpaul"

In this instance, it has been found that user DaoNayt has not disclosed the full nature of his issue, starting with 1280x024 resolution over a VGA connection which requires an adapter to be used on a RX 580 which naturally has no VGA connection.

Not all users have the same problem, distinguishing the problems and fixing them is help, not appealing to someone's feelings.

Edited by wkdpaul
cleanup

* Thread cleaned again *

Please refer to the Community Standards ;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

The above implies that being condescending and unhelpful isn't allowed.

Next time this thread needs cleaning, warnings are going to be issued.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !