Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

I'm just confused how i was using the PC that day, and in the afternoon i instaled the game, and after that the problem started.

If it is eletricity, how the **** installing a game will mess stuff out?

8 hours ago, Pakahl said:

I'm just confused how i was using the PC that day, and in the afternoon i instaled the game, and after that the problem started.

If it is eletricity, how the **** installing a game will mess stuff out?

Believe me it's electricity because for me it started after moving to this house. I never changed anything or installed any different software after i brought my PC to this house. 

Pirated games/ virus/ software/software setting, I mean anything related to software has nothing to do with this issue. Maybe when this issue started for you in electricity same day you decided to install a pirated game. Maybe a coincidence but i can assure you that our specific symptoms can't be caused by any software in general. 

I want to believe it,but I carried the computer to different places, and the problem did not pass

friends, who ? called an electrician to make a separate outlet from the  power panel

23 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

Believe me it's electricity because for me it started after moving to this house. I never changed anything or installed any different software after i brought my PC to this house. 

Pirated games/ virus/ software/software setting, I mean anything related to software has nothing to do with this issue. Maybe when this issue started for you in electricity same day you decided to install a pirated game. Maybe a coincidence but i can assure you that our specific symptoms can't be caused by any software in general. 

Same. After moving to a new house, here is something weird with electricity,  I see this problem even on TV, without PC or PS4. But I did not notice this immediately, probably after 1 year in this house.

But wait, if it's electricity, why didn't I notice right away? Only after buying a new gpu

If this works for others AMD users with this problem, maybe some techy nvidia experient guy could discover nvidia way of doing it?

jesus i praise to god for this.

Tried this before, havent seen any difference.

2 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

Tried this before, havent seen any difference.

u tried exactly what the amd user did with the profile??

Yes. In fact, forcing 2xEQAA seems to make it worse than using 4xMSAA in-game. Maybe this user had a different kind of problem.

4 hours ago, Strider890 said:

Can someone who have AMD card test this "solution"?

This comment is from YouTube:

"No promises but this is how I fixed my problems with this. What follows are just some details for others who might stumble on it and benefit from my progress. If you have an AMD GPU and want to skip reading all of this crap then just download the 1st file or the 2nd file if you don't want to touch your power savings settings, change it to .reg and import it. Then force EQAA and adaptive multisampling for games with this issue. Just backup your registry and make a restore point. I was getting it so bad that characters in CSGO didn't look like humans but moving blobs made of mirrors and flashlights. It was unplayable. Other games looked worse, but some looked ok. The grass in Arma 3 looked like it was neon blue and in Witcher 2 everything was grainy and shimmering. The lines between boxes in Minecraft were the same neon blue so it looked like I was playing some ugly Tron mod. I've done the normal Windows 10 tweaks and I also set the voltage swing and preemphasis on my monitor to +2 through Radeon because I was getting black screens tabbing back and forth between games sometimes. I haven't been able to pinpoint which settings are actually fixing the problem. Should be something with the AA, AF or Z keys but after a month of messing with this I got bored quickly with trying to pinpoint exactly which fixed it. All I know is if I do a clean driver install the problem is there. Then I import this and it's gone. Not just kind of smoothed over, like I had just turned up every graphics settings. It's gone and the picture is clear and smooth. You MUST force EQAA + adaptive multisampling for some games through the Radeon global or game profile, but somehow just simply doing that alone doesn't work. Something somewhere in the driver, GPU hardware, game code or combination of the three just doesn't get along. CSGO is one of those games that's super sensitive to frametime, fps drops and input lag, where you can die before you ever see the player model appear around a wall who killed you, even with a fast, stable connection. With these settings and forcing 2xEQAA + adaptive not only does my game look excellent but all of my benchmarks and testing show faster, more consistent frame time, more FPS, more stable FPS and LatencyMon shows improvement in overall system latency. My specs: Ryzen 2600 MSI RX 580 8gb MSI B450 Tomahawk 2x8gb G.Skill 3200mhz Hynix CJR with bankswapgroup disabled but other than that default XMP 2 profile xg2401 144hz monitor Links to reg files:

(1) - [some power savings disabled] - https://www.mediafire.com/file/i8daqkh1cmmh2y8/ShimmeringTexturesPossibleFix.txt/file

(2) - [power settings untouched] - https://www.mediafire.com/file/oj45qwa9s976u90/ShimmeringTexturesPossibleFix2.txt/file

One final caveat is that in certain games my Radeon overlay causes a BSOD with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL sometimes. That did not start until a week after I used these changes and is probably due to my attempts to tighten up my ram timings manually, but it's something to look out for. I have had absolutely zero problems other than this so I'm pretty sure it's my overclocks doing it. I tried different plugins, different parts of my house, tons of motherboard settings, overclocks, registry configurations, drivers, you name it. This obviously won't work for everyone. The problem can be power related if your outlets aren't properly grounded, for one thing. I've seen people that fixed this by using an UPS, having an electrician properly ground their outlets, and even a guy who claimed his was fixed by replacing the breakers in his house with bipolar circuit breakers. All of these SHOULD be safe for everyone but you never know when Windows 10 will decide to randomly ruin your day since it seems to have the temperament of a methed up wildcat going through menopause, so backup your registry and make a save point before you import them. If you're using an NVIDIA Gpu I have no definitive answers. Maybe someone can go digging through hundreds of forum threads to find Nvidia related Z keys. If you try this please let me know if it worked or not. If it does work for others I will try and pinpoint the problem further, because this has plagued tons of people and costed them quite a bit trying new hardware. I just don't feel like trying a hundred different combinations if it's not going to help anyone."

Link to YouTube video: 

P.S For me this don't work I have Nvidia card.

where to save files ?

I made a separate outlet from electropanelboard with grounding ,the problem was not solved

2 hours ago, beluy said:

I made a separate outlet from electropanelboard with grounding ,the problem was not solved

Can you measure the phase-to-ground and neutral-to-ground voltage?

16 hours ago, beluy said:

Grounding is not the issue, whatever bad in electricity is coming from either Phase or Neutral wire. Also we don't know (whatever is wrong in Electricity) if it randomly appears or is always there. I have mentioned this before. Keep in mind something might be getting damaged so bringing your PC to a new place or solving the issue in Electricity(if we ever figure it out) might not fix your old PC.

But having earth/ground is a good idea as it will protect you from shock in case of a fault and also from static electricity. Ground act as safety for human as well as equipment. As you have grounding, now is a good time to check for voltages that i have mentioned in my previous post.

I think this problem appears after installing some games, for me it's bf4/gta5/ maybe cs go, i didnt see such a terrible jagged edges in r6s, pugb, kf2, after installing those games (bf4/gta5), I began to notice the problem (horrible jagged aa, flickering lines, low lod) everywhere. Just my observation. I mean those games makes the image quality even WORSE, everywhere. Probably because of some directx/ms visual c++ libraries

1 hour ago, Quod said:

I think this problem appears after installing some games, for me it's bf4/gta5/ maybe cs go, i didnt see such a terrible jagged edges in r6s, pugb, kf2, after installing those games (bf4/gta5), I began to notice the problem (horrible jagged aa, flickering lines, low lod) everywhere. Just my observation. I mean those games makes the image quality even WORSE, everywhere. Probably because of some directx/ms visual c++ libraries

But you also have this issue in your TV.

37 minutes ago, Meeseeks said:

Yes, when the video quality is low yes, It is not very noticeable. But those games make the quality worse, I noticed this a long time ago

I will try a clean OC without gta and bf4, only r6s and pugb. I swear the picture wasn't so horrible before

I need a black list of games that corrupt the image.

15 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

Can you measure the phase-to-ground and neutral-to-ground voltage?

I can not measure ,no equipment

2 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

For the first time i saw this problem on TV when I connected a USB flash drive with low quality movie btw

There are too many variables with TVs to make conclusions.

6 minutes ago, Strider890 said:

How we can prove that this problem is caused by software?

This is just my thought and I do not imply that the problem is in software, eletricity or hardware because I don't have proof what causes this problem. 

No one can prove, but on my own experience after installing bf4 the image has always become much worse.

I am also inclined, that this must be caused by some corruption in DirecX API or one of those bunch of redistributables you are forced to install to run some games....
Would kinda explain, why it happens when you test certain games, even after changing parts of PC or this crazy electricity issues...

As for me, I see it happening on several PCs across different places of the city, plugged in different power outlets...the only thing that it has in common, is my Steam...

If anyone has time on their hands, and fully wipe the OS drive, then perhaps install older version of windows/directx and try to first test some other than your usual games u go for

7 hours ago, Quod said:

The same happned to me, i instaled Divinity 2 Original Sin and saw the problem, i did a visual c++ unistalling and reinstaled a new pack to try to fix the game, than all my games started to have this problem...

All launchers will automatically install redistributables along with the game.

7 hours ago, Strider890 said:

You can't run games without C++ Visual Res. files.After reinstaling OS I tired to play games without this C++ files to check how games look without the but game gives a warning (for example): "You need C++ Visual Res. files to start the game or Visual C++ Res. files not found"

Yes you can, not all games need this.

Cmon guys, i didnt say dont install c++ libraries, i said some games have bad libraries that corrupt the image/aa. And I don’t know for sure whether it is directx or ms c ++ or any other library/component. For me it's bf4/gta5, the image is really getting worse. And I do not say that it completely solves the problem, just the image gets worse than it should be. Just pay attention to it.

I noticed this on 3 different new gpus and did not pay much attention, but this is probably not a coincidence.