Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Its not a AA problem in my opinion, more like a low draw distance problem. When i move very close to a object, the jagged lines on the object just disappeared. 

The nvidia gpu, intel gpu, even the microsoft basic driver all got this problem.

On 29.06.2021 at 22:05, BuckGup said:

Я исправил проблему при переключении с gtx1080 на rtx2070.

Okay. Now show us screenshots / video / screen recording as it was on the old video card and as on the new one after the fix.

On 6/29/2021 at 12:05 PM, BuckGup said:

I fixed the issue when I swapped from a gtx1080 to an rtx2070

This confirms the issue has multiple causes with simmilar symtpoms based on conflicting accounts. Anyway if there is a way to force a game to draw somthing at a higher LOD with some sort of very low level override that could be a quick and dirty fix.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:45 PM, Colonizor48 said:

This confirms the issue has multiple causes with simmilar symtpoms based on conflicting accounts. Anyway if there is a way to force a game to draw somthing at a higher LOD with some sort of very low level override that could be a quick and dirty fix.

Guys i just noticed that my Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3ds XL have the same issue, for some odd reason these consoles have the same issue. same SHIMMERING EDGES, Same JAGGIES. I think im crazy now, something happens to my eyes, literally i cant play anymore.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:48 PM, Cebreros said:

Guys i just noticed that my Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3ds XL have the same issue, for some odd reason these consoles have the same issue. same SHIMMERING EDGES, Same JAGGIES. I think im crazy now, something happens to my eyes, literally i cant play anymore.

Try unpluging anything that could be causing RF interference. That includes stuff like wifi routers. It might work but not entirley sure.

1 hour ago, JohnMurphy7703 said:

Any new findings on this or is it just a lost cause?

We are making more progress and this thread is more active then it has been in years. I just need to stop playing hoi2 and actually design experiments to try to fix this.

Okay everyone. First thing i need everyone to do(AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE SO I CAN GET STATISTICS) Is to try to setup a linux duel boot, run a game on there and see if that fixes it. I need to see what percentage of people this fixes it for.

unpluging router didnt do anything. And its getting worse. All of this points to my components aging. My gpu is 6 years old, and my mobo and cpu are around 11 years old. Its time to upgrade. I could probably afford a new cpu, mobo and psu. But not much else. And a used gpu might have this issue. Idk tho. I wana try a live linux USB and see if i can run a game off of that and that will fix it. Also noticing this in videos now. How fun/s/. I WILL DO ALMOST ANYTHING TO MAKE THIS STOP.

Ok here is my story with this issue. I bought a new monitor about a month ago, it came with a European adapter (2 pin) being from Ireland I needed to use a EU to UK adapter (3 pin) when I plugged it in to my power strip I heard a snap and saw a little spark. Assuming the fuse blew on the (pretty cheap) adapter I decided to just buy a UK power adapter for the monitor. All worked well but I started to notice all of the above issues (which were 100% not present before) IE: AA jaggies, bad LOD and shimmering on certain types of textures especially on bright or reflective surfaces. The AA or what ever it is is most noticeable on stairs or fences in game. I play a lot of apex so I noticed it in that game immediately. Now Its in every game. I'm not sure how relevant any of this is to this specific issue but this is exactly when I started noticing it. So here is a list of things I have tried to remedy this with no luck:

Reset NVCP settings to default and experimented with all AA options 

Tried multiple Nvidia drivers using DDU in safe mode to uninstall, tried with and without Gforce experience installed

Mobo bios update

GPU bios update

GPU in second PCIE slot

GPU with and without sleeved extension cables

Fresh windows install

Unplugged/Relocated router (Virgin hub 4.0)

New PSU 

New display port cables

Tried using pc in different room

Here are my specs and setup just incase there any common components or configurations were all using:

Ryzen 9 3900x

MSI RTX3080 gaming x trio

MSI x570 gaming edge wifi mobo 

Corsair vengeance rgb 3200 memory 32GB 4X8GB

Corsair RM850 PSU (brand new)

Peripherals

Corsair k100 keyboard

Corsair M65 pro mouse

Logitech G533 wireless headphones

Displays:

Asus VG27AQL1A 27" 1440p 170hz IPS connected with display port

Asus VG27W 27" 1440P 165Hhz VA Curved connected with display port

LG 49" 4k TV (Don't know exact model) connected with HDMI

I'm 110% positive this was not an issue before I got my new monitor. I'm totally at a loss here! I can provide screenshots or videos of my specific issues but I'm not sure how much that is going to help.

18 hours ago, JohnMurphy7703 said:

Ok here is my story with this issue. I bought a new monitor about a month ago, it came with a European adapter (2 pin) being from Ireland I needed to use a EU to UK adapter (3 pin) when I plugged it in to my power strip I heard a snap and saw a little spark. Assuming the fuse blew on the (pretty cheap) adapter I decided to just buy a UK power adapter for the monitor. All worked well but I started to notice all of the above issues (which were 100% not present before) IE: AA jaggies, bad LOD and shimmering on certain types of textures especially on bright or reflective surfaces. The AA or what ever it is is most noticeable on stairs or fences in game. I play a lot of apex so I noticed it in that game immediately. Now Its in every game. I'm not sure how relevant any of this is to this specific issue but this is exactly when I started noticing it. So here is a list of things I have tried to remedy this with no luck:

Reset NVCP settings to default and experimented with all AA options 

Tried multiple Nvidia drivers using DDU in safe mode to uninstall, tried with and without Gforce experience installed

Mobo bios update

GPU bios update

GPU in second PCIE slot

GPU with and without sleeved extension cables

Fresh windows install

Unplugged/Relocated router (Virgin hub 4.0)

New PSU 

New display port cables

Tried using pc in different room

Here are my specs and setup just incase there any common components or configurations were all using:

Ryzen 9 3900x

MSI RTX3080 gaming x trio

MSI x570 gaming edge wifi mobo 

Corsair vengeance rgb 3200 memory 32GB 4X8GB

Corsair RM850 PSU (brand new)

Peripherals

Corsair k100 keyboard

Corsair M65 pro mouse

Logitech G533 wireless headphones

Displays:

Asus VG27AQL1A 27" 1440p 170hz IPS connected with display port

Asus VG27W 27" 1440P 165Hhz VA Curved connected with display port

LG 49" 4k TV (Don't know exact model) connected with HDMI

I'm 110% positive this was not an issue before I got my new monitor. I'm totally at a loss here! I can provide screenshots or videos of my specific issues but I'm not sure how much that is going to help.

Allright i kinda have an idea here. I saw this in some yt comments section so this is a bit of a crapshoot.

"I fix it i change my cable from hdmi 1.4 to hdmi 2.1 and i change my monitor from lg22mk400 to acer nitro xv272" - some dude in the comments section in the video.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:40 PM, Colonizor48 said:

Allright i kinda have an idea here. I saw this in some yt comments section so this is a bit of a crapshoot.

"I fix it i change my cable from hdmi 1.4 to hdmi 2.1 and i change my monitor from lg22mk400 to acer nitro xv272" - some dude in the comments section in the video.

I changed monitor and cables recently with no difference.

1 hour ago, JohnMurphy7703 said:

I changed monitor and cables recently with no difference.

Did you notice if text in windows became less clear? Oversharpened?

I have a veeeery similar situation, although I pretty much only play warzone instead of apex. Problem is, I didn't play anything prior to purchasing entirely new PC (can't compare). As I plugged everything in for the first time, I had some electrical sparking sound come out as I was plugging in the monitor (pair of sockets, first one was occupied by PC already). I immediately took it out, ordered anti-surge strip and used it ever since, but I think it may be the moment when damage was done because I've been having graphical issues since the very start (and I wasn't sure if it actually was an issue, as like I mentioned it's my first PC after a bunch of 1080p laptops).

Almost all of the Windows' graphical elements are visibly not smooth, jagged, oversharpened/lack of AA (really not how you would expect things to look on a high end 1440p system).

In Warzone I get all the flickering fences, vent grills etc. even with Filmic AA (highest setting) as well as other issues. With AA lower than highest, the game is borderline unplayable (here's a vid).

Up until reading this comment of yours which I'm replying to, I was strongly considering purchasing a new monitor to test.

Current monitor is Lenovo Legion Y27Q-20.

EDIT: added some photos of my screen made with phone. It's hard to fully convey the situation through these, but the overall view is bad.

20210711_161944.jpg

20210524_205832.jpg

20210524_210423.jpg

20210602_213536.jpg

20210711_154350.jpg

17 minutes ago, Qzav said:

Did you notice if text in windows became less clear? Oversharpened?

I have a veeeery similar situation, although I pretty much only play warzone instead of apex. Problem is, I didn't play anything prior to purchasing entirely new PC (can't compare). As I plugged everything in for the first time, I had some electrical sparking sound come out as I was plugging in the monitor (pair of sockets, first one was occupied by PC already). I immediately took it out, ordered anti-surge strip and used it ever since, but I think it may be the moment when damage was done because I've been having graphical issues since the very start (and I wasn't sure if it actually was an issue, as like I mentioned it's my first PC after a bunch of 1080p laptops).

Almost all of the Windows' graphical elements are visibly not smooth, jagged, oversharpened/lack of AA (really not how you would expect things to look on a high end 1440p system).

In Warzone I get all the flickering fences, vent grills etc. even with Filmic AA (highest setting) as well as other issues. With AA lower than highest, the game is borderline unplayable (here's a vid).

Up until reading this comment of yours which I'm replying to, I was strongly considering purchasing a new monitor to test.

Current monitor is Lenovo Legion Y27Q-20.

EDIT: added some photos of my screen made with phone. It's hard to fully convey the situation through these, but the overall view is bad.

20210711_161944.jpg

20210524_205832.jpg

20210524_210423.jpg

20210602_213536.jpg

20210711_154350.jpg

Actually yeah text for me seems like it isn't as clear as it it used to be...I just put that down to it looking different on my new monitor which doesn't bother me as much as I use it primarily for gaming. So as other users have pointed out it might very well be an electrical issue then. My pc was also plugged into the same strip where the spark/pop happened, I have since replaced that one but my issue still remains. Is there any one out there that can shed some light on what could have possibly happened with the electricity and is there a solution or has the damage been done?  

5 minutes ago, JohnMurphy7703 said:

Actually yeah text for me seems like it isn't as clear as it it used to be...I just put that down to it looking different on my new monitor which doesn't bother me as much as I use it primarily for gaming. So as other users have pointed out it might very well be an electrical issue then. My pc was also plugged into the same strip where the spark/pop happened, I have since replaced that one but my issue still remains. Is there any one out there that can shed some light on what could have possibly happened with the electricity and is there a solution or has the damage been done?  

Interesting thing - I originally put the PC together 5 months ago, but a month ago I replaced PSU + motherboard + fresh windows install on a formatted SSD - nothing changed.

Then 2 days ago I replaced PSU + motherboard (once again) + CPU + GPU + fresh windows install on a formatted SSD - nothing changed. 

Everything is jagged since the moment you first see windows. Because of this I was leaning towards monitor being the culprit here.

4 minutes ago, Qzav said:

Interesting thing - I originally put the PC together 5 months ago, but a month ago I replaced PSU + motherboard + fresh windows install on a formatted SSD - nothing changed.

Then 2 days ago I replaced PSU + motherboard (once again) + CPU + GPU + fresh windows install on a formatted SSD - nothing changed. 

Everything is jagged since the moment you first see windows. Because of this I was leaning towards monitor being the culprit here.

Yeah I say your monitor is ok tbh, I also replaced my PSU hoping that might be the problem as it was almost 5 years old and only 750w. Paired with a 3080 and a 3900x I thought I might be getting close to its limit but a 850w didn't seem to change anything other than give piece of mind. The only thing I can think of is to try the pc in a different house to eliminate the power theory but that's not really an option for me atm. 

I just got new laptop today. Previously I used an old laptop from 2015.

The new one is MSI GP76 Leopard (i7-10870H, 16GB, RTX 3070, 1TB SSD).

And what can I say. Well, guess what.

Just guess...

Nooooo, seriously, just guess...

Ok, I won't tease you.

I tried a few games and all the AA issues are still present (horrible jaggies, shimmering and flickering, LOD, pop-up issues). Everything is the same just like on my main PC, previous laptop and previous PC I tested.

Remainder: If you have questions, all the details about my issue is HERE.

If worse comes to worse could this potentially be the basis for a class action lawsuit?

On 7/19/2021 at 10:47 AM, Asasinas said:

I just got new laptop today. Previously I used an old laptop from 2015.

The new one is MSI GP76 Leopard (i7-10870H, 16GB, RTX 3070, 1TB SSD).

And what can I say. Well, guess what.

Just guess...

Nooooo, seriously, just guess...

Ok, I won't tease you.

I tried a few games and all the AA issues are still present (horrible jaggies, shimmering and flickering, LOD, pop-up issues). Everything is the same just like on my main PC, previous laptop and previous PC I tested.

Remainder: If you have questions, all the details about my issue is HERE.

Upon plugging in the new laptop for the first time did you hear a loud, popping sound? Maybe that has somthing to do with that. Are you using the same charger as before? But yeah this is wierd. We need someone to do a deep analasis on this issue.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:12 PM, Colonizor48 said:

Okay everyone. First thing i need everyone to do(AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE SO I CAN GET STATISTICS) Is to try to setup a linux duel boot, run a game on there and see if that fixes it. I need to see what percentage of people this fixes it for.

does not work for me

I found another potential fix. I havent tried this but someone said that their hdmi cable was an older version then their monitor. Maybe try a newer hdmi cable or somthing?

6 hours ago, Colonizor48 said:

I found another potential fix. I havent tried this but someone said that their hdmi cable was an older version then their monitor. Maybe try a newer hdmi cable or somthing?

I use a DisplayPort which came with my monitor Aorus ad27qd......i dont think this is a cable problem dude.

Okay ive noticed another issue possibly related to this. On some websites scroling up and down causes text to shimmer and sort of kinda look like its going between bold and not bold. And ive noticed a pixel crawling like effect sometimes. Ill post a video here later.

Im going to make a google doc to thorughally document this issue. I have allready started and will add stuff as i remember it. If you have anything to add edit the google doc(its public but frequent backups will be made and vandalism will be reverted. If you have anything completly new to add make a new section. Otherwise use the pre-existing sections. Put anything that is not well documented or unconfirmed in italics. This includes conspiracy theories which will be a seperate section from normal theories. I will also add a section for video evidence.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NylSDFJVUesArZUg23BBbDYBHBEf3BtpOBZFWf4rhOs/edit?usp=sharing