Razer Offering Promotions that, per their terms, Cannot be claimed.

goodtofufriday

Source/Story: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4vq0ho/razer_offering_promotions_that_they_will_not/

Razer Core coupon would be sent to me seven days after the delivery of my Blade system. This would be all well and good if the coupon didn't expire on August 12 (Potenial Shipping date of purchased Razer Blade). When I asked them what could be done, I was met with what I felt was indifference and false apologies.

Essentially, what Razer has done is knowingly offered a promotion on their website that cannot possibly be taken advantage of. 

Given the number of people who likely ordered the laptop during its sold out period, this is not the only customer that has been affected. Pretty crappy practice and maybe illegal to offer promotions that cannot be claimed. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

If you're gonna copy paste at least remove the formatting after pasting...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

hmm. This will be a pr nightmare. Should have just sent out the coupon 7 days after purchase or something.

The obvious solution is to stop the promotion though.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

That is pretty shady, but I dont understand why they are going through the effort of mailing the promo code separate to the laptop, when they could just send a simple email...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

22 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

hmm. This will be a pr nightmare. Should have just sent out the coupon 7 days after purchase or something.

The obvious solution is to stop the promotion though.

1 minute ago, Lord_Karango17 said:

That is pretty shady, but I dont understand why they are going through the effort of mailing the promo code separate to the laptop, when they could just send a simple email...

It is so people will not, order and return/cancel it just to get a free promo thing.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, The Benjamins said:

It is so people will not, order and return/cancel it just to get a free promo thing.

I know.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

They could just invalidate codes of canceled orders. If their system doesnt work this way then they shouldnt be offering codes on machines with shipping dates that are the same as the expiration date. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

They could just invalidate codes of canceled orders. If their system doesnt work this way then they shouldnt be offering codes on machines with shipping dates that are the same as the expiration date. 

I didn't really read what the promo was, but I think they should honor what was offered.

It could be company policy for all promo items physical or digital. 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

well done razer, you just fucked yourself hard. The biggest question here is why would anyone ever buy a razer blade? It has so many big problems.. Razer are lucky that they have so many mindless followers, so the damage is smaller than it could have been.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

6 hours ago, awesomeness10120 said:

You seem to be holding back yourself, knowing your hatred of Razer is the greatest of basically anyone on the entire forum. :P

Just because i wish a certain OEM should be wiped off the face of the earth because of shit QC, shit products, shit support and pointless features doesnt mean that i hate them more then anyone else here.

Razer products are simply poorly designed. They grab the best materials, but when they are done using said materials, the final product is a steaming pile of dread and dissappointment. They design the power envelope, then they decide that "we can cut back on cooling". Which basically means "we should have redesigned the power envelope to a lower value in the first place. but our customer base is a bunch of blind sheeps, so they will buy it anyway".