MS cuts 2850 more jobs from it's mobile division

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

As in they literally want to make a Surface Phone and leave the rest to OEMs.

I still think Microsoft is going to eventually give up on the phone business. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

33 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I still think Microsoft is going to eventually give up on the phone business. 

Whatever man. To each their own.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Whatever man. To each their own.

I find it funny how you're like the only person who defends Windows phone. I'm not criticising you, I just find it interesting. Personally, there are some things I like about Windows phone and some things I don't like. It's definitely not the most stable OS though, I'll tell you that.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

13 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Judging by Windows 8 and 10 I'd say they don't know how to make desktop software either. It's just that they have gotten so big they can't fail anymore (on the desktop). 

Reviewing and designing are two very different things. Think of it like music. Just because you can tell that you like a song or not, doesn't mean you can write that kind of music. 

Wrong. I DARE YOU to tell me that if a product concept (new Windows phone) had gone through a competent panel of reviewers, there would be no improvements/reception.

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

I think it's too late for Microsoft to get into the phone business. 

And i'm off to watch Apocalypse Now 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

23 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

And i'm off to watch Apocalypse Now 

Eh I've not watched that movie. I forgot how I know about that song though.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, BingoFishy said:

I find it funny how you're like the only person who defends Windows phone. I'm not criticising you, I just find it interesting. Personally, there are some things I like about Windows phone and some things I don't like. It's definitely not the most stable OS though, I'll tell you that.

@GoodBytes does too.

The latest version is stable for me. What phone u got?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

The only thing I defend is the platform  can penetrate to some level the market, and that it is a solid OS if one gives it a chance.

I never claim that it is for everyone, and hence why I say that this phone is one I recommend, and don't...  because it is currently only for a specific type of person.

For example, if you are entrenched in Google ecosystem, Windows 10 Mobile is the last device you should be looking at, as it will be a pain to switch.

If you are depending on apps that aren't "core" for most, like you have smart house devices with your phone, or you want the latest and greatest features of core apps asap, then the OS is not for you, and so on. And it for those seeking a new experience, or a simple to use phone that is helped with the same 'usability'-language of Windows 10.

Is it ready for release? Microsoft doesn't think so. And nor do I think so with the current official build. However, the anniversary update brings a mass number of new features, bug fixes, and improvement that brings it to status that I am able to suggest it, especially that it is now "feature-complete", where you have what one expect out of a phone. Something that Microsoft had trouble reaching in the past. Still works needs to be done that said, and while it brings the phone to the same playing field as most phones, and that is helped with solid and impressive built-in apps... it isn't competitive enougth in terms of features. For example, it doesn't have MirrorLink, so no Android Auto like feature of any kind.  It doesn't feature the coming up Android N multi-tasking feature on phablets, where you can have 2 apps side-by-side natively (no hack like Samsung have been doing giving a lack luster experience).. while Android N is not officially out yet, who knows if this feature will come to Windows 10 Mobile.

12 hours ago, OptimisticRealist said:

Wrong. I DARE YOU to tell me that if a product concept (new Windows phone) had gone through a competent panel of reviewers, there would be no improvements/reception.

1) I was talking about the OS specifically. Of course there will be improvements if we are talking about a new phone. The Galaxy S6 to S7 would be an improvement even if they ran the same OS version with the exact same features.

2) I never said they hadn't made any improvements at all. Way to strawman.

3) Even if a new device was released, I am fairly sure the major criticisms would still be the same as they were a year or even two years ago.

20 hours ago, LAwLz said:

1) I was talking about the OS specifically. Of course there will be improvements if we are talking about a new phone. The Galaxy S6 to S7 would be an improvement even if they ran the same OS version with the exact same features.

2) I never said they hadn't made any improvements at all. Way to strawman.

3) Even if a new device was released, I am fairly sure the major criticisms would still be the same as they were a year or even two years ago.

Jesus christ man, NO, THE MAJOR CRITICISMS WOULD NOT be the same!!!

THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT of being reviewed and signaling what needs improvement, jesus!!!!

1. So you admit there would be improvements, even OS-wise, and NO, an S6 to S7 with same features and same

OS is NOT AN IMPROVEMENT, what kind of logic is that????

3 hours ago, OptimisticRealist said:

Jesus christ man, NO, THE MAJOR CRITICISMS WOULD NOT be the same!!!

They would actually. The lack of software is the biggest criticism and it is still just as big of an issue today as it was before.

3 hours ago, OptimisticRealist said:

1. So you admit there would be improvements, even OS-wise, and NO, an S6 to S7 with same features and same

OS is NOT AN IMPROVEMENT, what kind of logic is that????

What? Did you even read my post at all, or are you just really bad at English? Your posts makes no sense.

Yes I did "admit" that they have made some improvements. I never said they hadn't. What I said was that they don't seem to know how to make desktop software anymore (since Windows 8 and 10 have been huge regressions in some areas compared to Windows 7).

S6 to S7 would be an improvement even if they had the same OS and features. Wanna know why? Because the S7 has a more refined design and better hardware inside it.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

They would actually. The lack of software is the biggest criticism and it is still just as big of an issue today as it was before.

What? Did you even read my post at all, or are you just really bad at English? Your posts makes no sense.

Yes I did "admit" that they have made some improvements. I never said they hadn't. What I said was that they don't seem to know how to make desktop software anymore (since Windows 8 and 10 have been huge regressions in some areas compared to Windows 7).

S6 to S7 would be an improvement even if they had the same OS and features. Wanna know why? Because the S7 has a more refined design and better hardware inside it.

You are special.

more refined design and better hardware = MORE FEATURES.

You are not even worth replying to. Windows 10 is great too >_<, have you even seen the new wallpapers that switch every day? God damn!

9 minutes ago, OptimisticRealist said:

You are special.

You are not even worth replying to. Windows 10 is great too >_<, have you even seen the new wallpapers that switch every day? God damn!

Wallpaper switching could be done even in XP

Even Vista could use live wallpapers.

If a wallpaper that changes daily is all it takes to impress you, I feel sorry for you

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

53 minutes ago, OptimisticRealist said:

I disagree.

I have never heard anyone refer to a CPU as a "feature", or the case as a "feature".

"Hey my new PC has this really cool new feature, it's called GTX 1060!"

It just sounds, wrong.

56 minutes ago, OptimisticRealist said:

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling or not. Judging by your other post I would say you are.

On 1 de agosto de 2016 at 2:39 PM, suicidalfranco said:

Wallpaper switching could be done even in XP

Even Vista could use live wallpapers.

If a wallpaper that changes daily is all it takes to impress you, I feel sorry for you

Omg another clueless sad sack! I'm talking about the SELECTION of the wallpapers, not its friggin ability to have live wallpapers, GEESUS.

Anyways, progress has been made, YOU CANNOT DENY IT.

23 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I disagree.

I have never heard anyone refer to a CPU as a "feature", or the case as a "feature".

"Hey my new PC has this really cool new feature, it's called GTX 1060!"

It just sounds, wrong.

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling or not. Judging by your other post I would say you are.

Google features meaning.

a distinctive attribute or aspect of something.
"safety features like dual air bags"
synonyms:

characteristicattributequalitypropertytraithallmarktrademark;More

I am PRETTY SURE, that a new shape/charasteristic, like you mentioned, is a feature according to the damn dictionary definition.

51 minutes ago, OptimisticRealist said:

Omg another clueless sad sack! I'm talking about the SELECTION of the wallpapers, not its friggin ability to have live wallpapers, GEESUS.

Anyways, progress has been made, YOU CANNOT DENY IT.

I don't see a change in aesthetics as progress 

They seem to be giving up on the mobile market. Kind of sad IMO, but if they're failing then they have no choice.

MS is abandoning ship on the phone scene.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I hope this means that they realize that win10 on phones isnt going to be a thing and stop pushing out shit lumia devices. Time for them to focus on the laptop/tablet experience more.

17 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

I don't see a change in aesthetics as progress 

Are you fookin kidding me??? LOOK AT DIS

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, OptimisticRealist said:

Are you fookin kidding me??? LOOK AT DIS

image.jpeg

nothing to do with progress 

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

nothing to do with progress 

This guy's sense of humor is...impressive, to say the least.

On 7/30/2016 at 0:01 PM, Trik'Stari said:

But, I'm going android next time. Windows just doesn't have the compatibility for stuff. Mainly music, although that's not going to be as much of an issue when I get my DAP to go along with my Sennheiser Momentums (which should be here monday.....SOON)

Join us here on the Android side. You might not regret it :D 

On 31/07/2016 at 4:58 AM, AluminiumTech said:

They do. They want to make high end phones from now on. They want to leave midrange and low end devices to OEMs.

Remember Windows on devices under 8 inches (Including Windows Tablets) is free! So they want to make the barrier to making a Windows Phone as low as possible so that any OEM can make a Windows Phone.

They want to do the same as they are for PC. They want to lead by example. They want to make the Surface Phone which will be high end and let the other OEMs make all the other devices. Because they realized that they can't do it alone. The brand recognition is kinda mediocre at best for Microsoft. Especially for Windows Phones with Lumias and whatnot. They want it to be more approachable to people and it seems to be working since many OEMs have experimented with making a Windows Phone.

Acer, Alcatel OneTouch, HP and Lenovo are already jumping onboard with this idea and are happy to have Windows on more devices. Even if it was a once sparse platform. It is growing far and wide. Sure, not all  the games and apps are there but they are coming.

Do you know of any good Windows phones under €200? The Lumia's in this price range are ridiculous. 

The 550 (€99) has a shite SD 210
The 640 (€139) has an old SD 400
The 650 (€199) has a shite SD 212

My mother wants to buy her first smartphone and since I thought WP is easier to use than Android, I might get her that. But there isn't a good Windows phone at any price point it seems. 

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?