GA-Z87-D3HP with a i5-4690k. BIOS update needed?

I'm looking for a new PC and decided for my money that this is the best I can get. I'm also getting a GTX 1060 and a pair of DDR3 2x4GB RAM. The problem is that when i googled this mobo I read a lot of it not being compatible out of the box, and after a long research, I'm still at the same place. What is this BIOS update with the z87? I read that I would need another CPU to update it from F2 to F6. Can someone explain me what this is all about? Thanks and sorry for being noob.
PS: Do you think I need a new cooler to overclocking? The temp of my room is around 17c most of the time.

17 minutes ago, rubervaldo55 said:

I'm looking for a new PC and decided for my money that this is the best I can get. I'm also getting a GTX 1060 and a pair of DDR3 2x4GB RAM. The problem is that when i googled this mobo I read a lot of it not being compatible out of the box, and after a long research, I'm still at the same place. What is this BIOS update with the z87? I read that I would need another CPU to update it from F2 to F6. Can someone explain me what this is all about? Thanks and sorry for being noob.
PS: Do you think I need a new cooler to overclocking? The temp of my room is around 17c most of the time.

Most Z87 motherboards towards the end of their span were shipped with the newest BIOS. I did not have to update my B85 board for Haswell Refresh support and it's also from Gigabyte. My best guess is that it'll be plug and play.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It's a lottery with Z87 boards and entirely depends on how long it has been sitting on the retailer's shelf. Most boards have the updates, and I've yet to come across even H81s that didn't already have the updates so far.

You can often ask the retailer to test and update it. They already take it out of the packaging to inspect the pins in the socket anyways. Most of the time.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.