Any good FREE games?

Fnoskar786

I don't have any money because I just bought a car, and I need to save for gas and stuff. But in the meantime, I'm looking to play games that don't cost anything and are still pretty fun. Do you guys know of any?

Hey mate! What type of car you get?

I presume you've played the usual like league of legends, dota and team fortress yeah?

And what type of games you like?

3 minutes ago, Knaj said:

Team Fortress 2

Planetside 2

Evolve Stage 2

Unturned

Dota 2

all good games end with 2.

war thunder is a favorite of mine

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Ubisoft is giving away a free game each month for a while: https://club.ubi.com/#!/en-US/ubi30

And Origin gives away a free game every once in a while: https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/free-games/on-the-house

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Forza 6 Apex

Life is strange episode 1

Evolve Stage 2

and there's always the pirating scene

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

heroes and generals, warthunder, team fortress 2, warface, unturned, and dota 2

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

11 minutes ago, Knaj said:

Team Fortress 2

Planetside 2

Evolve Stage 2

Unturned

Dota 2

2 = free 

1 hour ago, Fnoskar786 said:

I don't have any money because I just bought a car, and I need to save for gas and stuff. But in the meantime, I'm looking to play games that don't cost anything and are still pretty fun. Do you guys know of any?

I know you want free but on g2a you can get crysis 2 for $2 saving for car myself worth the $2

1 hour ago, Fnoskar786 said:

or warframe

I'm surprised I'm saying this, but Star Wars The Old Republic has a "free mode" which doesn't seem too terrible or limiting. (Hadn't actually played the free version yet but I had paid for it back in the day and reasonably enjoyed it. Sure it wasn't KotOR or TSL level but it wasn't terrible)

Otherwise I'd suggest looking at opensource projects like 0AD or at other F2P games that were mentioned here.

I'd also suggest mods but those that I consider noteworthy usually aren't for F2P games.

OpenTTD (Transport Tycoon Deluxe open source clone)

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory (still loads of multiplayer servers online)

Free to Play section on Steam (Sort by popularity or whatever else you wish) : Steam interface > Games > Free to Play or  http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Free to Play/

Desura (steam alternative) also has a FREE section full with games : http://www.desura.com/#price=0

On 7/21/2016 at 9:05 PM, masterkickass7 said:

I know you want free but on g2a you can get crysis 2 for $2 saving for car myself worth the $2

What's g2a? I've never heard of it

Short answer...no, there's always a catch with F2P. Your best bet if you really need games to be free is to get a PS4 and sub to PS+, then you can get legitimate games for free each month. Not a bad deal. Yes, the catch there is you need to buy a PS4 and get PS+ but theoretically you'll be getting 2-3 free games a month for as long as Sony continues to offer them, which should be years and years at least. If you have a PS3 and Vita, you get two free games for each of those as well. Xbox does it too for those with Xbox Live Gold but with fewer games and the games are almost always dreadful. On the PC side of things, Origin gives away a free game each month, but once again it's usually something I can't even be bothered downloading.

The only "F2P" games I can think of that don't make me cringe are Evolve Stage 2, Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 and unless you want to play nothing but competitive games that's going to get stale quick.

On the PC the closest you're going to get to getting GAMES for FREE are Steam sales. Then you can get full, quality games of all variety for a reasonable price. No one is going to give away anything that's really worth playing as-is. Free to play means pay walls, timers, and other silly restrictions that can only be overcome by spending real money. Suddenly that "free" game costs way more than if you just bought a legitimate game.

War thunder, Evolve. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

On 7/21/2016 at 10:35 PM, Guest said:

all good games end with 2.

forgot starcraft2

and Left4Dead2

3 hours ago, Fnoskar786 said:

What's g2a? I've never heard of it

g2a is a site where people sell cd keys to the game. it's like a gaming marketplace. check it out.

dont get the insurance nonsense. can't believe people never heard of g2a

On 7/21/2016 at 7:37 PM, Delicieuxz said:

Ubisoft is giving away a free game each month for a while: https://club.ubi.com/#!/en-US/ubi30

And Origin gives away a free game every once in a while: https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/free-games/on-the-house

the games are really old and never popular or they are just poor quality games that no one likes in my opinion.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯