License to buil a pc? Uk

Ram_senpai

you probably need a permit to cash in Money from people for Building PCs

I doubt you need a license to put a GPU into your motherboard

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Just now, DXMember said:

you probably need a permit to cash in Money from people for Building PCs

I doubt you need a license to put a GPU into your motherboard

No you don't need a permit for that either. And again I press agree instead of quote, damn it, enjoy your free +1 rep.

Linus is my fetish.

You know, i've seen some shitty horribly bottlenecked PC build with half ass spoiled brats doing it for the master race hype & bragging rights, i think it's  time we did enforce some licensing to build a PC :ph34r:

Details separate people.

Just now, Bhav said:

No you don't need a permit for that either. And again I press agree instead of quote, damn it, enjoy your free +1 rep.

I'm pretty sure you have to pay taxes whenever you want to cash in for something you do

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

33 minutes ago, DXMember said:

I'm pretty sure you have to pay taxes whenever you want to cash in for something you do

No you just have to pay taxes at the end of the tax year around April. You dont need any kind of licence for that, you just need to keep a record of your earnings and fill them in on a form each year if self employed. 

Linus is my fetish.

Every county in the world seems to have a collection of strange laws that are bizarre, outdated or just plain wrong, even to the people who live there. For example in Victoria (Australia), it is illegal to change a light bulb unless you are a qualified electrician, If you do go ahead and change that light bulb you will face a stiff AU$10 fine per bulb. So be careful, ask the authorities in advance if you have to

23 hours ago, RingoCassanova said:

Every county in the world seems to have a collection of strange laws that are bizarre, outdated or just plain wrong, even to the people who live there. For example in Victoria (Australia), it is illegal to change a light bulb unless you are a qualified electrician, If you do go ahead and change that light bulb you will face a stiff AU$10 fine per bulb. So be careful, ask the authorities in advance if you have to

I build, among other things, portable thermocouple welders at work. Steel cases, mains powered, potentially deadly (if not by electrocution, but falling off a ladder for example) not a problem. Change a switch or pendant light fitting, criminal offence for not being a qualified electrician.

I can build products that have un-fused 110v mains feeds and can be used while plugged in, but can't change a plastic switch that, once screwed to the wall, is a danger to no-one. Things get better, I live in a building with no RCD protection at all, red/black (modern spec is brown/blue) wiring and said wiring isn't up to spec for use any more. 25-30 amp rated wiring, on a 100 amp main feed, with 40 amp breakers. Perfectly legal as electrical regulations only apply to work done after new regulations come into force.

But no, no license needed to build a PC.

I'd go along with it, Tell him you got your licence and it cost a small fortune. Then every time you see him, be overly thankful that he let you know about it.

On 19/07/2016 at 1:50 PM, Tech_Dreamer said:

You know, i've seen some shitty horribly bottlenecked PC build with half ass spoiled brats doing it for the master race hype & bragging rights, i think it's  time we did enforce some licensing to build a PC :ph34r:

The first criterion would be to never use the word "bottleneck" -_-

Nope, they'd require a license for actually using a PC before requiring a permit to build one. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On July 19, 2016 at 4:34 AM, Ram_senpai said:

Yuup just wanted to ask you guys. Well ima just kick m neighbor in the face. Thanks guys

Maybe don't assault him.  I think just making him watch you build a PC and laughing in his face will be sufficient to correct his misconception.  lol

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Maybe don't assault him.  I think just making him watch you build a PC and laughing in his face will be sufficient to correct his misconception.  lol

can he be tied up and completely immobilized while building?

i'd imagine him being like carey holzman's camera. :P

On 7/19/2016 at 4:26 AM, Ram_senpai said:

My neighbor said that i have to have a license to build a pc here in uk. That sounds fucken stupid. Is that true? 

No. You never need any licensing in the UK unless you are doing it professionally and who you're working for requires it. I think this may be what he was referring to: European Computer Driving License (yes that's a real government supported program)

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

can he be tied up and completely immobilized while building?

i'd imagine him being like carey holzman's camera. :P

I don't know who carey holzman is but I'm going to say yes.  Yes the neighbor can be tied up during the building of the shaming PC.  ?

On July 19, 2016 at 0:56 PM, RingoCassanova said:

So you have to sit there in the darkness while waiting for some electrician to show up somewhere between 7am-6pm somewhere between tomorrow and a week from never?  lol

That's sooo stupid it's not funny.  Ok maybe it's a little funny.  lol

Actually I think I feel bad for the collective peoples of Australia.  Or as I'm tempted to call it "nature is trying to kill you" land.  lol  

Seriously I'm pretty sure there's more bugs and other deadly things in Australia than most other parts of the world isn't there?

On 19/07/2016 at 10:29 AM, Ram_senpai said:

So its bullshit then?

Frankly I am amazed you have to ask if its true. Unless you're trolling