Teens smoking?

LizardsAreOP

inb4  .... ? /jk

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

In my high school smoking (tobacco) is pretty frowned upon, and not seen as cool at all. Its the opposite, its seen as pretty disgusting. People who smoke are generally only friends with other people who smoke. Vapes aren't really popular but it isn't frowned upon like smoking cigarettes are. Personally I can't stand people smoking tobacco, just the smell gives me an instant headache.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

5 minutes ago, Starrzy said:

And pot isn't? You're still inhaling smoke which has to be bad for you. And don't bring up there's bongs!11! I know that. It still makes you totally out of it which cause things like car accidents. Did you know ever since Colorado legalized it, their car accidents sky-rocketed? It honestly blows my mind that someone successful like you does that.

We normal people just sit in our room smoking...those guys are insane smoking while driving...cigs are way more  bad than weed...cigs are such shit god knows what shit they put into it...were not saying weed is harmless but normal people only smoke it rarely not every day all day...so that gives the lungs time to recover...i only do it since i need to easy myself out and just lay and think about how fucked up the world is...

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

2 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

In my high school smoking (tobacco) is pretty frowned upon, and not seen as cool at all. Its the opposite, its seen as pretty disgusting. People who smoke are generally only friends with other people who smoke. Vapes aren't really popular but it isn't frowned upon like smoking cigarettes are. Personally I can't stand people smoking tobacco, just the smell gives me an instant headache.

Right on point...the smell is like burning paper and wood together...

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

1 hour ago, LizardsAreOP said:

I find weed more safe than alcohol since when you use weed you pretty just fall to sleep while when you use alcohol you become crazy and do crazy tuff

Not everyone reacts the same way. I have a colleague he will keep jumping and shouting after smoking weed.

18 minutes ago, Starrzy said:

And pot isn't? You're still inhaling smoke which has to be bad for you. And don't bring up there's bongs!11! I know that. It still makes you totally out of it which cause things like car accidents. Did you know ever since Colorado legalized it, their car accidents sky-rocketed? It honestly blows my mind that someone successful like you does that.

Not that I condone the use of driving while in an altered state of mind, but lots of successful people use marijuana. There's probably some that do that we don't know use it. 
Please explain how the existence of bongs has anything to do with your argument?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

1 hour ago, straight_stewie said:

Not that I condone the use of driving while in an altered state of mind, but lots of successful people use marijuana. There's probably some that do that we don't know use it. 
Please explain how the existence of bongs has anything to do with your argument?

Your point of argument is a little odd. Lots of successful people are alcoholic, or have clinical depression, or obese. just because those people are successful, doesn't mean the problems are non-issue.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

Your point of argument is a little odd. Lots of successful people are alcoholic, or have clinical depression, or obese. just because those people are successful, doesn't mean the problems are non-issue.

I didn't say anything to the contrary. 

16 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:
  36 minutes ago, Starrzy said:

I was referring specifically to the part that says "It honestly blows my mind that someone successful like you does that." Lot's of successful people toke. In fact, some of the most successful people do or claim to. No where in any statement on this thread did I say anything about whether I believe smoking marijuana to be good or bad.

When I was in school and sixth form, I used to smoke (from about 14-18) but I stopped in Uni.

I think it's a disgusting habit and that really, only the weak-willed smoke. I quit first time, 20-a-day to 0-a-day, if you actually want to do something, you can do it no trouble whatsoever. It got to the point that I'd go to Belgium to buy fags. Yes, Belgium.

1 hour ago, LizardsAreOP said:

Were talking about Tobacco in cigs which are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY different than natural tobacco! god only knows what they put in there...

Oh my goodness.

Commercially manufactured cigarettes contain the same kind and strains of tobacco that are grown by home growers.  I've ordered the seeds of the strains used in some of my favorite commercial cigarettes.  The only difference is that similar pesticides are used on commercial tobacco as is used on commercially grown food.

I'm not trying to suggest tobacco smoke is healthy, I'm trying to suggest that your opinion is based off of incorrect information.  Your assertion that inhaling the combustion products of marijuana is somehow better than inhaling the combustion products of tobacco is grossly incorrect.

2 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

Commercially manufactured cigarettes contain the same kind and strains of tobacco that are grown by home growers.  I've ordered the seeds of the strains used in some of my favorite commercial cigarettes.  The only difference is that similar pesticides are used on commercial tobacco as is used on commercially grown food.

Actually, it's a known fact that they add LOTS of chemicals to commercial cigarettes, especially menthol or flavored cigarettes. What rock have you been under for the last century?

2 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Actually, it's a known fact that they add LOTS of chemicals to commercial cigarettes, especially menthol or flavored cigarettes. What rock have you been under for the last century?

Can you substantiate that claim please?  Tobacco contains many chemicals, many of which are removed or reduced during the curing process.

1 hour ago, straight_stewie said:

So I did look it up and you're right, additives are added to modern cigarettes, at least in the United States.  I didn't look up Canada.  I saw things like apple juice and plant extracts, a good number of the chemicals listed are naturally occurring in the tobacco leaves.  Again, not saying they're healthy, but they are enjoyable when combined together in a thick smoke.

I forgot how much I enjoyed smoking, it's very much the pass time from a bygone era of our civilization.  It's a tradition going back hundreds of years, one I'm happy to be part of.

Some other people have complained about the smell of tobacco smoke.  Yes I agree that it can have a foul after smell, but certainly no worse than the body oder of the person next to you on the bus.  Freedom comes with risk.  Risk that you might have to sit beside a stinky smoker or someone drowned in perfume.

I treat my body like a temple. I'll never do anything I know will have only negative effects.

Idiots from an idiot culture and an idiot social class filled with idiots. This is why I am determined to keep my children shielded from such filth.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

6 hours ago, NavyCuda said:

Snip.

Ever heard of nicotine? 

ASU

nah 

take heroin instead

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

6 hours ago, NavyCuda said:

So I did look it up and you're right, additives are added to modern cigarettes, at least in the United States.  I didn't look up Canada.  I saw things like apple juice and plant extracts, a good number of the chemicals listed are naturally occurring in the tobacco leaves.  Again, not saying they're healthy, but they are enjoyable when combined together in a thick smoke.

I forgot how much I enjoyed smoking, it's very much the pass time from a bygone era of our civilization.  It's a tradition going back hundreds of years, one I'm happy to be part of.

Some other people have complained about the smell of tobacco smoke.  Yes I agree that it can have a foul after smell, but certainly no worse than the body oder of the person next to you on the bus.  Freedom comes with risk.  Risk that you might have to sit beside a stinky smoker or someone drowned in perfume.

You are clearly ignorant of how bad smoking is for you beyond becoming addicted to it.  The smoke from a cigarette is extremely bad for your lungs and it is a fact that it is far worse than simply smelling bad.  There is no comparison to body odor.  That you think cigarette smoke is no worse than body odor or perfume proves just how little you understand about the harmful effects of smoking.

You especially need to be aware that second hand smoke is just as bad if not worse for people near you to breathe in.  So when you smoke near others you're not only harming yourself but you're harming others as well.  No one has the right to do that to other people.

I highly suggest you educate yourself and learn better respect for the rights and health of others.  

I used to smoke when I was in high school but I quit when I turned 18 to impress this girl who thought it was disgusting (I ended up marrying her a few years later so I made the right call) I picked up a cigarette a few years ago to try one and it made me pretty sick so I have no thoughts about ever picking up the habit again. That being said, I used to smoke week in high school also and that's my biggest regret ever, it really messed up my brain and stuff I used to know is gone and I can't relearn it for some reason.

-KuJoe

this topic is really weird and strange. along with contradictions every now and then.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

7 hours ago, NavyCuda said:

So I did look it up and you're right, additives are added to modern cigarettes, at least in the United States.  I didn't look up Canada.  I saw things like apple juice and plant extracts, a good number of the chemicals listed are naturally occurring in the tobacco leaves.  Again, not saying they're healthy, but they are enjoyable when combined together in a thick smoke..

they LITERALLY kill people

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/

Cigarette smoking causes more than 480,000 deaths each year in the United States. This is nearly one in five deaths

Smoking causes more deaths each year than the following causes combined:
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
Illegal drug use
Alcohol use
Motor vehicle injuries
Firearm-related incidents

More than 10 times as many U.S. citizens have died prematurely from cigarette smoking than have died in all the wars fought by the United States during its history.

still enjoying that puff of smoke? the one that is extremely like to give you cancer, make you ill, possibly shorten your life, or maybe even KILL you

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

12 hours ago, LizardsAreOP said:

It just bothers me to see my brother growing in such a generation that is broken...teens 13-15 thru his town selling drugs and smoking cigars and hookah...i dont love smoking,i hate smoking and i dont hang out with friends who smoke and if they smoke i strictly try to keep them away and the minimum! do you if your 12-15 live with this or if you have a bother or somebody is it like this in your town?

I'm 17 but my brother is 14 and he sees people smoking and god only knows what.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

11 hours ago, NavyCuda said:

Perhaps you should look up how tobacco is harvested.  All of the processes for drying and curing tobacco are natural.  The drying and curing process for marijuana is not much different than tobacco.

Tobacco is a bit more sensitive to being cured and dried properly though.

Then maybe you should look up the chemical breakdown for a pre-made cigarette and come back to me.

Here you go

Cigarette-Smoke-Compounds.png

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Who gives a fuck, we're all slowly dying anyway. Fuck it man lifes way too short to worry too much.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s