Teens smoking?

LizardsAreOP
14 minutes ago, LizardsAreOP said:

2002...then if people really want my brother make his own decisions fine them...ill just leave him and never pay his kick box or basketball training since "he has parents" and if he becomes a smoker i will never talk to him since he promised me he wont smoke...

And I would support you in that decision. You shouldn't be forced to spend your money on a person you don't want to spend them on.

You also shouldn't be forced to spend time with a person you don't want to spend time with. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

5 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Look, you have good intentions. And I'll say this, it's acceptable to push the issue every once in a while. But, from my own experience, if you act authoritative he will lose respect for you. It will ruin your relationship with him, and that's all there is to it. You have to decide what's more important: The miniscule chance that he will accept your imposed authority, or having a relationship with him at all?

i understand,having to think my brother might have cancer and will always be weak because of smoking sickens me,i dont want authority i want him to trust me and i to trust him but i havent seen that trust forwards me and im trying to see if he lies to me...

4 minutes ago, Volbet said:

And I would support you in that decision. You shouldn't be forced to spend your money on a person you don't want to spend them on.

You also shouldn't be forced to spend time with a person you don't want to spend time with. 

Im not forced,i just want him to be successful in the things he likes not doing something he hates even tho it could pay...

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

2 hours ago, LizardsAreOP said:

Really does not matter if its legalized if it is or not,those who are crazy to smoke weed and drive will do it either it be legal or illegal

True that.

OP's logic (substitute weed with tobacco):

Facebook-caa0b1.png

Nah but really, yes, it's bad for him. Just trust in him that he won't smoke, acting this way just makes you look like a retard. If he's stupid enough to do it, then he lives with the consequences. Shoving your bullshit down his throat is highly unlikely to stand in your favor. It's alright to advise him that smoking is bad, but constantly doing so and going to extreme measures like you're saying does no good for anyone. Seriously, just chill out.

1 hour ago, KingKeith55 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Facebook-caa0b1.png

Nah but really, yes, it's bad for him. Just trust in him that he won't smoke, acting this way just makes you look like a retard. If he's stupid enough to do it, then he lives with the consequences. Shoving your bullshit down his throat is highly unlikely to stand in your favor. It's alright to advise him that smoking is bad, but constantly doing so and going to extreme measures like you're saying does no good for anyone. Seriously, just chill out.

Calling OP bad things doesn't make your argument any less ridiculous and only serves to make you sound childish and stupid not OP.

Smoking has long lasting and in most cases permanent effects that negatively affect the health of the smoker along with people nearby breathing in second hand smoke.  

So there is every reason to be proactive about safeguarding the health of someone before they do irreparable damage to it.  If someone gets cancer or a lung disease from smoking among other problems there's not always much that can be done.  By the time something serious like cancer is affecting someone bad enough to notice it can be too late.

My grandfather had cancer (not from smoking because he was smart and didn't) and it went unnoticed until there was nothing doctors could do for him.  Personally I'd hate for anyone else to go through that.  It's an awful way to go.

1 hour ago, KingKeith55 said:

Trust him? hes a minor and does not know anything its like saying to a baby "Why dont you trust the federal reserve?" like Bleeding said when it happens there is no time to regret the consequences...i dont want him to regret it understand?

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

On 7/12/2016 at 11:18 PM, LizardsAreOP said:

-snip-

I completely get you, however you need to remember that it's their choice.

As for the younger generations, they seem to get stupider and stupider, and for the drugs they were always present, every generation has dealers.

The most amusing thing is watching a smoker try to do sports, it always cracks me up.

14 minutes ago, dzonidev said:

I completely get you, however you need to remember that it's their choice.

As for the younger generations, they seem to get stupider and stupider, and for the drugs they were always present, every generation has dealers.

The most amusing thing is watching a smoker try to do sports, it always cracks me up.

Konacno srbin...

I think in general the effect of smoking is well known, whether it's tobacco or weed. After all, it's a personal choice.

I actually don't think it's a good idea to tell people quit smoking. You have to respect someone's choice, whatever that choice may be.

2 minutes ago, Deli said:

I think in general the effect of smoking is well known, whether it's tobacco or weed. After all, it's a personal choice.

I actually don't think it's a good idea to tell people quit smoking. You have to respect someone's choice, whatever that choice may be.

Jesus Christ...smoking is bad so why is it bad to say to someone to quit smoking?

1 hour ago, LizardsAreOP said:

Jesus Christ...smoking is bad so why is it bad to say to someone to quit smoking?

It depends how you define "bad". Smoking weed is "less bad", doesn't mean it's good. Besides, there are so many things in this world are worse than smoking. From other's point of view, sitting in front of a PC, gaming hours everyday is "bad" too. Better to spend the time to do something more productive. What would you say if someone tells you to quit PC gaming?

11 minutes ago, Deli said:

It depends how you define "bad". Smoking weed is "less bad", doesn't mean it's good. Besides, there are so many things in this world are worse than smoking. From other's point of view, sitting in front of a PC, gaming hours everyday is "bad" too. Better to spend the time to do something more productive. What would you say if someone tells you to quit PC gaming?

i dont do PC Gaming that much i do programming and coding for a job and make money of it so i need to be good at it + he almost never games aswel hes always with his friends or at pool or something...

Drinking water is bad,eating is bad,sitting is bad,smoking is bad etc...i could make up a whole list about it

On 7/12/2016 at 4:18 PM, LizardsAreOP said:

It just bothers me to see my brother growing in such a generation that is broken...teens 13-15 thru his town selling drugs and smoking cigars and hookah...i dont love smoking,i hate smoking and i dont hang out with friends who smoke and if they smoke i strictly try to keep them away and the minimum! do you if your 12-15 live with this or if you have a bother or somebody is it like this in your town?

It was the same back when I was in Jr High/middle school. 

Today if I was of influence to a group doing this I would do what I could to dissuade the act for obvious reasons. Although it is a choice of each individual this discussion has many points I have to disagree with for my own reasons. Smoking, drinking or whatever does not make you a bad person it is just a bad act done through stupid reasoning. If you chose to destroy yourself that is your right as an adult. As a child or teenager the effect is different and for obvious reasons.

I would not allow any of the sort to happen in my home. If my children chose to do any of this (besides the obvious legalities involved) they will do so after they move out of my house. I am the the tough love sort, I love you kid but tough it out if you chose to be stupid.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, LizardsAreOP said:

Drinking water is bad,eating is bad,sitting is bad,smoking is bad etc...i could make up a whole list about it

Good and bad is not so one dimensional as black and white.

So here are my thoughts on this.

Leave him be. Do not scold him for the matter.

If you have confirmed that he's smoking talk to him that you know and won't tell your parents.

Make him realize that it is BAD.

After that, it is COMPLETELY his choice if he's gonna continue smoking.

My case:

I smoke cigs occasionally. Mostly when I'm with a smoker, or when I'm drinking.

This is basically once a month? Hahaha

I completely understand the risks there is to it. <This is what's important.

As my med-student friend has told me.

Complications due to smoking is mostly RNG.

There is little to no difference in smoking once a month, and once a day.

I haven't tried weed yet as I do not have the money (or source *wink*wink*)

Recreational/prescription drugs though, not my thing.

Re: Drugs

I'm kinda seeing this Tinder girl who does them.

She's rich, YOLO lifestyle. I am slightly concerned, but it is her life.

But it seems to me that she has a pretty good handle on how to use them

(e.g. don't smoke weed AFTER alcohol)

Honestly, I'd still date her (but I think I'm in the friendzone now, but that's another story)

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

8 hours ago, LizardsAreOP said:

Trust him? hes a minor and does not know anything its like saying to a baby "Why dont you trust the federal reserve?" like Bleeding said when it happens there is no time to regret the consequences...i dont want him to regret it understand?

He's gotta grow up, be smart and think about the consequences himself. Treating him like he's 10 years old doesn't help. You're not his mom or dad, the only thing you can do is advise him to stay away from smoking. Don't question his judgement, he's probably not stupid, so don't treat him like he is.

11 hours ago, KingKeith55 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Facebook-caa0b1.png

Athsma Inhalers have that in them?

Oh god lol.

I'm slightly Asthmatic.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I startet smoking when i hit 13. Wrong friends, wrong school.

Im glad i met my girlfriend 2 years ago. She's the reason i stopped smoking 1 year ago. I was at that point where i used to smoke 1 pack a day in the age of 17. Didnt felt healthy at all. Glad i quit.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

Drug use or at least use of Cannabis doesn't bother me, I think Cannabis or "Weed" or "Marijuana" should be legal for recreational use at least for adults.

But smoking/vaping does kinda bother me but I'd rather people be vaping rather than smoking. So idk.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I live in a smaller town right next to a larger city.

We only had a handful of kids, maybe 15 or so that smoked and were publicly out about it.

Drugs on the other hand were more rare, they were usually supplied by the users' older relatives/friends.

We had a strict policy at our school, where if you were caught smoking or drinking or using drugs of any kind on campus or coming to school under the influence, you would get instantly expelled.

It didn't happen often, but when someone got caught. You'd never see them on campus ever again the next day.

Spoiler

I am a smoker, I like it, various excuses blah blah I don't want to quit.

But, if you feel you need motivation to quit smoking I highly recommend watching this video, actually even if you don't, watch it anyway, it's very interesting.

On 7/12/2016 at 5:20 PM, LizardsAreOP said:

My friends dad is a private agent so he knows everything! LOL

I have a older brother  and he was smoking at a young age and he smoked but wanted to train kick box and be in K1 or the UFC but he could not because he was smoking and that was breaking his weigh and power/strength so he could not go...i agree breaking the rules for teens is fun but being 13/15 and having to smoke/sell/do drugs and have sex is just saying how badly the world gone,i mean where he lives the country is kinda corrupted so when a girl gets raped the rapist gets 5-7 years but when a politicians daughter gets raped the rapist is sent to life...

The problem is that these bars they go to ACTUALLY give them alcohol etc...

Yeah and eventually. They will get caught teens have been doing this forever

Listen I was a teen ten years ago I know what kids get into and frankly slot of the stuff is dum. but they get caught and then say they won't blunt will do it again thinking they can out smart an adult 

Here's the thing: we have been there and by the time your 40+ you have seen a lot of shit. 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I see it all the time.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.