LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

One thing for sure, it won't need a long room, only a big wall.

Also I don't need to worry about shadow when moving toward the wall to point the presentation

Good luck to everyone! I hope whoever wins it uses it well!

It would be great if it didn't cost that much, as awesome as it is it's still a projector

APU: AMD A10-7850K cooled by an NH-L12; PSU(going to upgrade sooner or later):  Antec VP450P;RAM: 2x4GB HyperX Savage 2133MHz; MOBO: Asus A68HM-Plus; CASE: Itek [something] ; HDD: WD Blue 1TB(WD10EZEX)

OS: Triple boot openSUSE Leap Debian Jessie and Windows 10(aka MSX)

Looks great, would love to make my own home theater room like this without having to mount a projector and wires to the ceiling!

The fact that you can get a 60" image from only 4" away seems like the biggest selling point.

That would be awesome if I won, it's a pain to carry a monitor, but this is easy to carry to LAN parties and can serve as a movie projector after you've played your games

yeah, as it's random it wouldn't matter what I say. So here is what I think about it:

I do not see plethora much of usefulness by its short distance projection but the size of it, and yeah short range projection looks quite fabulous, could be used in many certain cases, such as that, or such as when you do not wish the projection to be seen; on the other hand it's really neat that it uses, I think, mirrors to achieve its goals, and, to say truth, why they haven't made that mirror detachable so it would be used as normal projector, with changeable lenses or whatever it may require, and it would then be so much more useful and functionable

this is what I think about it,

Cheers!

Imagine 100inch Linus tech tips. I have never heard a better idea in my life. Think of the possibilities. 

I Just came here for the Giveaway ... but i will stay because community ... My dorm is realy small and such a badass projector would fit perfect... and at the moment a have a 6 year old, LCD ( Yeah no LED and yes it gets really hot :D) 1366x768 TV.. SO I NEED THIS THING :D:D:D

I just recently lost my ten year old tv in my basement. This would be quite the upgrade!!

Oooooh That High Definition I have loved projectors for a while now and I salvaged some 480p ones from my high school the quality is no that bad but its not great... Love it!

I've actually been looking for a projector for a while and this just looks great. I would love to win this because I don't have the money to spare on the actually price. Good luck everyone. Have a good day.

How awesome to do drive by gaming on random walls!

Seems cool, perfect for playing games from my bed. Maybe I when the giveway, maybe I don't regardless, this thing is awesone.

This would be awesome for my nephew, he has Charcot–Marie–Tooth disease, and so his mobility can be very restricted and he loves watching movies, to be able to use one of these to set up a Movie room for him would be amazing.

That's a really impressively short throw, and already has a mirror in the beam path. Would be really interesting to replace that mirror to make a short-throw dome screen.

Nice look good desgine for its purpose  do not need a huge space to project the screen hight quality image 

The projector looks perfect and with  very good res for the size of the device.

i want one

What kind of sorcery is this???!!! Anyway its quite cool for its small size and the amazing things it can do...

This looks like an awesome device, it would be perfekt for my living room :) 60" from 4" away is simply stunning

On 7/10/2016 at 3:48 AM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I'd love to see this on my wall

You wouldn't believe how much we could use one of these great devices! Good luck everyone.

Ultra short throw projectors are crazy. I have a standard projector mounted on the ceiling, but an ultra short throw would be a great portable alternative - just throw it on the floor or a table near the screen and you're done. Bonus points for it likely being further away from your head than a standard projector (which is usually right next to you), so it should be less audible.

the Bluetooth sound bar support is interesting too. Quality won't be as good as LPCM through HDMI, but again helps the portability use cases.

My Wife said, there will never be a "Beamer" on our Ceiling.

Maybe she was right ;-)