LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

This thing is crazy cool! A must have when you are on the go. I love it and can allready all the other cool ways to use it!

regrets quendo

P.S.: I hope I win!

really like the ratio between distance of the screen/wall vs image size, at 4" I cannot imagine a wall in my house not suitable for this little beast :)

I usually dun participate much in give away's, especially not when I need to sign up at yet another place :P but this thingy triggered me :P

This would be very useful to my job as an in house DJ, we have a projector but it has to be mounted 20 feet away to project its 60inch image and we have a very tight budget when it comes the equipment we use.  This would go very nicely on the tressing system that we have set up to project music visualizers onto the floor.  They told me that if I wanted to make any adjustments to the entertainment lights, that I'll have to buy it myself.  They only pay me minimum wage and can barely afford to drive to and from the job, but I love what I do so that make it worth it.  I'm tired of the old light and so are the customers, and this projector seems to fit the exact bill in every single way on what I was looking for.  The only problem is that at any point in time my bank account is under 100 and I have to pay for food still.  This projector would really help the food situation much at all, but it would be a really nice break from reality, and give the customers more to look at and hopefully boost business and probably get me a raise, considering that 7.25 doesn't really get you anywhere.

In light of getting this projector, I will advertise Linus Media Group and LG for their gracious gift and nreccomend people to check you out.  I am really looking forward to having even a slight chance of getting this amazing projector.

Haven't seen a projector like this before, would be cool to get my hands on one of these bad boys! 

to be honest, this one would just end up as part of a home theater set up for my parents, but, since, they still havent made the switch to flat screen, I think it would still be a worthwhile upgrade for them.

I honestly have no clue if I would use this much.  I'm moving into a studio next semester and trying to decide whether to get a projector or a TV since I don't have one of my own.  I hope i'd be able to receive one just to have if I decide to stick with it.

I want to give my mom something nice and I know I wouldn't be able to afford anything this level while being a high school senior and a college freshman. 

I think the PF1000U projector is ideal in a small apartment to get a big picture on a wall with short distance to the other wall

On 7/9/2016 at 8:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Its a great device for the price. It would be great for people that live in a samller space not to mention the size makes it more convenient and easier to hide for that clean home theatre look.

Mounting this in the eavestrough in front of our garage if I win and having the whole neighborhood over for movie nights.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

This would be such a badass solution for a TV in a student's appartment ^^

Superb projector! I wish I could win this awesome projector.

Looks absolutely awesome, would love to hook this up with an emulator and have a drive in style retro night 

this looks so cool. I like to play on the go i don`t even have a gaming rig i game on a 400$ ASUS laptop(btw i`m 13) and this would be my dream to get this to game on a bigger screen.

Absolutely awesome projector, blew me away that it's able to project 60" screen at 4" from the wall! 

My thoughts?

I've worked with projectors for a large portion of my life (never owned one since I'm still a student), generally while helping teachers at school and/or running assemblies so I have a pretty good understanding of how they work and behave. I've used older projectors that take about 5 minutes to cool down before they can be unplugged and ones that can be flicked off instantly, all of which were 4:3 aspect ratio btw. However this projector isn't like any of them. The PF1000U projector has an LED RGB bulb, which is 1920x1080 in resolution. That is a game changer for me, as I never thought consumer projectors would be able to produce resolutions such as 1080p and still retain image quality. It can span to a massive 100" in size (or 200" when pushing it to the limit). Immediately I can picture myself hosting LAN parties where not only can we have a blast gaming, but watch a few 1080p movies on the big screen!   ..... did I mention that the bulb has an estimated 30,000 hour use time? :o It's HDMI, perfect for hooking up to a blu-ray player or my PC, and I'd be able to wirelessly share content from my android phone to it.

Thanks for the chance to win!

Can see me and my friends having some awesome gamenights on this thing.

Looks good. A bit disappointing that it has no VGA, DVI or DisplayPort (according to their website).

This is a really impressive device for its size.

But I need some advice, they sell it as 3D.

But no mention about that technology.

Framerate isn't quoted either,

so Linus, enlighten me, our tech adviser.

--------------------------------------------------------

Yes I was bored......

Let's see where random brings me. The short throw is amazing, most of these type of projectors have short throw but are pretty bulky as well. This one seems to be so portable. I wonder if I mirror the screen and project it on top of an old DLP tv 'screen' from the back, what amazing quality it would give you. Probably not needed but worth a try. 

This seems an amazing, small projector. Thanks for the giveaway and good luck everyone!

Wow i think this projector is very cool and i want watch some movies with it :)