LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

That would be great for a little home theater or replacement for a TV 

I have always wanted a projector. This would be frakking awesome! I like the fact that its compact making it portable. Sharing is caring.

Just moved into a new place with a large basement, we just put up massive amounts of drywall.  The projector would be super functional, although I would say that cheaper projectors could be purchased to accomplish the job, you're really paying for the close up functionality.  Which I would say isn't worth that extreme premium unless you're severely limited on space but want to use all the wall real estate.  Even from a business aspect there are projectors that are much cheaper and smaller that will get the job done.  Cool device though and if I had the extra money to spend maybe I'd throw it at this cool projector.  

It will be amazing to have this...can Play horror Games on it. Outlast...Alien Isolation

This looks like a more affordable version of the Sony 4k projector that used a similar projection technique. Would be a good TV replacement in my crowded media center. 

Ahh Sweet, I'd love to throw my cheep tv out and return to projecting.  This solves the small living room problem.

Also horror games in an abandoned warehouse sounds like a must try!

This Projector looks great i love how it can be so close to the wall 

At first I thought the backwards design was a bit odd, but that convex mirror looks like a great way of getting such close range.

Hope I win. 

my mom told me to play outside, n this is another thing will fill my bag while on the go LAN party :D

Looks great! Seems like it would be very convenient for home theater setups since you don't have to worry about the length of a room. 

This is an awful lot of pages of replies. Wow. I don't envy whoever has to sort through them. Though I guess if you're choosing at random, you don't have to worry about that, huh?

This little projector has USB ports, WiFi/LAN + LG Smart TV, as well as WiDi/Miracast. And Bluetooth. And it weighs... Under 5lbs. Is this not "HOLY $H!T" worthy? What couldn't you do with one of these? You could set up a home theatre in no time flat, which I guess was the point of Linus' "Project Backpack" video. This thing would be perfect for events thanks to its diminutive size and long lamp life, or you could even just set it up in any room with a suitable surface and get a fully featured TV in the size of a loaf of bread. I mean, it's basically fully portable. And it only draws 100W max, too... I wonder what it would take to run it fully "off-the-grid". Maybe stuff a charged UPS in that backpack too?

Actually... That gives me an idea. Because this thing can go just about anywhere, I bet this would be perfect for projecting a screen onto a bedroom ceiling for night-time Netflix!

Would be nice to see how it performs in daylight.

And what kind of color gamut it reproduces.

Wow, I must say lg is really doing some cool stuff lately lg 5, ultrawide monitors, lg gram. I would love to own a projector like this, I didn't even think of it as an option and I wanted to buy a 75" tv. I'm glad I didn't purchased one?

movies with the family, games would be perfect for a desktop setup right up against a wall.

On 7/9/2016 at 9:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

This looks amazing hope to win and give it a try

Ultra-short throw. Compact size. Full 1080p HD

What is not to like ? 

Amazing projector, would be awesome for movies and games! 

It looks pretty good ! Simply the best !

That's definitely cool product. But at $1399.99, isn't it a bit too much compared to Optoma GT1080 priced at $674 which has better contrast ratio as well as brightness. I mean the cool factor is good for some time, but then after a while it's the contrast and brightness that matters... It's just my opinion. Peace!

Wow...PF1000U projector never heard of it before. Feel like to try it out with Pokémon Go on this projector.

I think it is awesome!! I definitely would love being able to take a 100" screen almost anywhere, I'm addicted to games so gaming on the move would be amazing!! I hope I'm lucky enough to win, good luck everyone!

It looks good and the LG is a good name in electronics.