LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

I haven't has a projector in years, would LOVE one of these.  My last one was an LCD model, 1024x768 that I pieced together from two units on eBay.  Good times.  :-)

I have tad bit too many friends and entertainting them to the max can be hard sometimes. With this the possibles are limitless!!

I saw Techmoan do another video of this same projector! (or something very similar). Having fan noise and head be on the opposite side of the room seems like such a great idea :).

Awesome job on that Project Backpack video. I really liked it!

Hopefully I can win this, seems really cool :) 

This thing is sweet. Last time I looked into short throw projectors, a 1080p model was well over $5000USD, it was ridiculous. The fact that they have brought it down this far in price AND made it so effective at such short ranges is pretty cool.

My Build 
i7-4790k @4.6GHz, 16GB GSkill Ares RAM, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1, Strix 970, RM1000 PSU, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Barracuda, 3TB WD Green, CM Storm Scout II

On 7/10/2016 at 2:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

This projector looks amazing and seems to have tons of potential, would love to give it a spin

On 7/9/2016 at 10:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

To enter the giveaway:

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Unlike any other product before this, space which would be the normal limiting factor isnt anymore! Really cool

It would be really to fun to bring places so that you and your friends could watch movies or play games almost anywhere. Also, the fact that it is so easy to setup is also really nice.

Corsair Vengeance C70 Black | MSI Z77A-G45 | i7-3770k @ 4.4 GHz 1.25v | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline@1600MHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming | Corsair CX500 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Samsung PM851 250GB | Antech KÜHLER| Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Logitech G502

looks like a nice little unit! i like how you dont need to have an eyesore sticking out of the ceiling like you would w/ a normal projector. i'd like to know what kind of refresh rate it has, didn't see anything on the LG site about that 

• CPU: AMD FX-8350   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3(rev 4.0)   RAM: 8GBs of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz   GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 660 OC DirectCU   Case: Corsair 750D   Storage: Adata 256GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU: Corsair 750w   Display(s): [ASUS VG248QE 144Hz], [ASUS VE247H]   Cooling: Corsair H100i   Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70   Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013.

I love that this reflects to project the image as apposed to just projecting it.  Solves the problem of people blocking the image by walking in front of it.

This would be great for my garage project.  Hope so see prices on these come down to where I can afford (read: talk wife into) one.

I hope you are happy Linus...  You finally got me to register.  *facepalm*

this would be fun to take to a couple of friends houses along with a laptop or console

It'd be neat to have a starfield displayed over my wall. I like that it could be sat just a few inches away from it and still be out of the way!

I've been wanting a way to watch movies wherever, but projectors are either really expensive or really crappy, and this one can even give me a good size without needing a football field of free space.

Very cool design, very cool concept, I would love to win one or buy one in 10 years when I can afford it.

That projector looks totally sick. The biggest thing holding me from buying a traditional projector is that you have to arrange the setup to be out of the line of sight of the image. This totally solves that!!

On July 10, 2016 at 11:48 AM, CPotter said:

It would be fun to take it outdoors and watch movies with a crowd

Oh My Lord, this projector is the work of wizards. I WANT IT!

Best projector to fit in small places for a large viewing experience!

On July 9, 2016 at 10:48 PM, CPotter said:

PF1000U

To enter the giveaway:

Pretty awesome how it can be so close to the wall! Looks great for a bedroom or man cave! 

Wow, this looks absolutely awesome.  It would be awesome to set this up in my room for an amazing gaming experience, or to bring to my friend's house for a lan party!

This would be perfect for outdoor movies or in small rooms that don't have much length. Looks like a great quality projector, but ouch that pricetag.

Damn man LG made the most relevant home projector as, seriously setting up one in the middle of the hall was seriously a problem. Thanks to Linus and LG for bringing this up :D

Have nothing to say. Just godlike (no twitter acount ) ?