LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Pretty freaking impressive... amazing picture quality and size for such a small and light package that sits only 15" away from the wall...

I have the perfect wall this projector would work on.

And how it functions would be perfect as I do not want to mess up my ceiling or have a bulky projecting in the very center of the room.

Would love to have the PF1000U projector

Looks like it would work well for simulator applications

Looks pretty good and have great specs!.. It would be amazing to win one!

I've been looking for a nice projector for a while and this one definitely takes the cake. The bluetooth is definitely a plus. It sure is Insane.

Small, compact, good quality. all of my stuff are lg!!

On 7/10/2016 at 1:47 AM, huilun02 said:

Couple this with a fold out white screen surface, portable speakers and a phone, and you have our own mobile cinema.

It has the smart TV function built in

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

It would be awesome for a home theater! 100 inches 1080p display is pretty sweet (although 4k would be amazing). I am not a big fan of smart apps ( It seems like they aren't standardized so no one device gets very many apps)

It seems to be the perfect projector to do some nice showcase on the go ! :)

This is a thing of beauty with endless possibilities. Drive-in cinema on your backyard. Visual effects for an electronic music party. A new way of gaming. Oh, darn, just gimme one. :)

I first saw a projector like this in a video on YouTube about 1 year ago, and I was amazed.

I then very quickly realised that I won't be able to justify spending over 1000 euro on a projector like this.

Maybe Lady Fortuna shines her light upon me for this contest :)

It looks like a great projector for the size.

On 7/9/2016 at 9:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

To me it look's slick and lightweight and portable. I feel like I could take it anywhere and watch movies with my brother and my two sister which would be fun and being able to get 100" from a few feet would be awesome so please let me win CPotter,LGUS, and The whole Linus Tech Tips Team . (P.S. Thanks for reading.) Twitter: @AwsomeMc100

Much LG

Very projector

So wow

Never got convinced by a projector, until I saw this one.

This thing looks awesome. I've been looking to get a new TV, but this would be even better.

Wow, this is amazing! I would really love to take the LG PF1000U out for the epic on-campus-gaming-session that me and my friends are planning pretty much since our freshmen years! ^_^

BTW: Keep up the great work, guys! I always enjoy your videos. :) 

would love to play on the wall of my house allways wanted to try that :)

I've seen this kind of projector before. They tend to be rather expensive, but it's usually well worth the penny.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

This would be great to use my Plex library on the go. 

You know what they say. Big things come in small packages. And with LG's Projector, there is no exception. Watching LMG's Project Backpack I notice that the screen is really bright even with the amount of ambient lightning still present. I bet it would be even more superb with no ambient lighting at all. It also helps that the projector is short through. Being closer to the wall than a conventional projector results in a shorter distance for the light to travel resulting in a much brighter image. Getting back to LG's PF1000U projectors size. It makes it very convenient that you can just put the projector on the same stand where your TV used to be. No need to move your furniture and your entertainment system around. Just plug it in and turn on. LG's projector I think is going to be a hit with movie goers and the like. I can't wait to grab one myself someday.      

Looks compact and really cool that they included the smart tv features too!

This video reminded me of when Resident Evil 5 came out while I was in college. We took over the Theater and hooked the PS3 up to the giant Projector in the booth, then piped the sound through the mains. The characters were the same height as the players. It was an evening very well spent. For the price point this a nice little piece of tech that seems to be getting the job done right. I'd like to see if there is latency in the BT connected audio, though. I'm always skeptical about BT until I see it in action.