NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Reference Model Pictured – Single 6-Pin Power Connector, No SLI Bridge

Mr_Troll
2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

snip

If he meant that, he has no brain.

480 had 1x6-pin and 1x8-pin and a power draw of 300W, thats why it is hot as fuck, 1060 has a TDP of 120 according to this leak, so it should be reasonable cold (at least my 960 with the same TDP is).

linux master race.

What's with the extension nonsense again? Looks awful. I know it's a marketing stuff but even then it looks ugly.

Do you guys care about the GPU having hefty and unnecessarily long shroud? Or would you buy one regardless of the length as long as the cooler is decent?

21 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Both of you failed to get what he's doing. 

Anyway nvidia 480 was so hot you can bbq on it.

He clearly said Amd 480.

id assume he's talking about the penis extension actually (since I'd want to assume he's smart enough to realize the 6 pin power isn't the same issue as on the 480)....although the power connectors are at the end of the card, which is nice.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

He clearly said Amd 480.

Nvudia had a hot 480 too

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Very interesting placement of the 6-pin, outside the PCB. Not sure if I've seen that before although it may be more common than I'm thinking 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Nvudia had a hot 480 too

He still clearly said AMD 480. YOU were the one to bring up the gtx480.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The Nvidia nerf creep continues. Is it affordable for humans? Nerf it. Force those fuckers to buy halo products.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

30 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Both of you failed to get what he's doing. 

Anyway nvidia 480 was so hot you can bbq on it.

And you had to reach so far you went back 6 years into the past, gg.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wait, did anyone else notice the 6 pin power connector was at the end of the cooler whereas the pcb ends way before that..... :/ 

Are they using a cord to extend it? Why?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

5 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Wait, did anyone else notice the 6 pin power connector was at the end of the cooler whereas the pcb ends way before that..... :/ 

So that you avoid having the connector in what will become the middle of the card (the cooler is almost twice as long as the PCB).

The problem I see with that is what will that do to the aftermarket coolers? And no, I don't mean custom OEM cards. I mean replacing the cooler with either a better air cooler or a water block. Will the aux connector just dangle freely on its wires? No coolers?

9 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I don't see solder points on the card.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

27 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

So that you avoid having the connector in what will become the middle of the card (the cooler is almost twice as long as the PCB).

The problem I see with that is what will that do to the aftermarket coolers? And no, I don't mean custom OEM cards. I mean replacing the cooler with either a better air cooler or a water block. Will the aux connector just dangle freely on its wires? No coolers?

Good thing most people don't water cool x60 cards anyway because that's just ridiculous and even fewer put on a better third party cooler.

41 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Some of you take this thread way tooooooo seriously... 

Or your post just wasn't funny.

/double post because mobile

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

38 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Good thing most people don't water cool x60 cards anyway because that's just ridiculous and even fewer put on a better third party cooler.

Taking away options is rarely a good thing. I have had to replace coolers before.

Of course that was years ago and chips aren't as power hungry today and the coolers are better, but still.

This is not a good thing.

1 hour ago, edsdrafts said:

What's with the extension nonsense again?

they need to fit the radiator and FAN in that two slot wide envelope

it allows them to fit a thicker rad and a thicker fan

I like that NVIDIA kept the 6-pin power off of the PCB, so you don't get that weird cable management like on the RX 480, but I'm curious what that'll mean for disassembling the card or even water blocks.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

2 minutes ago, Suika said:

I like that NVIDIA kept the 6-pin power off of the PCB, so you don't get that weird cable management like on the RX 480, but I'm curious what that'll mean for disassembling the card or even water blocks.

I think they didn't plan on anybody water cooling mid range cards like this. Also why it probably won't support SLI.

So if you wanted to then yes it would probably be an issue, but I kinda doubt you'll be able to find a cooler. Still kind of annoying if you ever want to reapply thermal paste and such.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Please don't fuck this up. Please don't fuck this up. Please don't fuck this up....

If the rumored 250 USD MSRP is accurate then it will probably be the same or faster than the RX 480. Hopefully we will get non-FE versions shortly after as well. Seems like they are better deals when it comes to the GTX 1070 and 1080, so it will probably be true for the 1060 as well.

2 hours ago, Mr_Troll said:

nvidia doing the same mistake as amd did with the 480. Wow. GJ. and GL.

I wouldn't count on it. The problem isn't that the RX 480 uses a single 6-pin per se. The problem is that the TDP should have been something like 170W instead of the 150W advertised, the card draws too much power for having a single 6-pin (draws above 150 watts) and the way it distributes the power draw between the PCIe slot and the 6-pin connector. Those three things together creates the problem with the RX 480.

Pascal is a lot more efficient than Polaris, so it is very possible that it will have the same or better performance as the RX 480, but without any of the high power draws, or power draw distribution problems.

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

And you had to reach so far you went back 6 years into the past, gg.

To be fair, a lot of the Fermi jokes are still funny (at least to me) despite being 6 years old.

1276957390363.jpg

Might switch to green team if the price is right. But knowing Nvidia, They will want even more moola from me versus AMD.

(⌐■_■) 

GP104 = 1080 and 1070

GP106 = 1060, wut?

Also the TDP is a bit of a mystery tbh. It says it uses 120W, and it has half as many CUDA cores as the 1080, which has a 180W TDP.

Unless the IPC is higher on the GP106 than the GP104 i don't think this will be good... Also 1.7-2Ghz with 1 6-pin seems one hell of a challenge.

It will be a nice comparison of how good their IPC's is.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I think they should remove the SLI support for 1060 and below cards.

Should make it available for xx70 and 80 and 80Ti cards.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Good, SLI for lower end GPU's is silly.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

I thought we were at the point now to where everyone should be waiting on reviews, not fucking specs on a spec sheet, or rumors for god's sake.

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Uh, no? Not even close? Nvidia actually has an efficient architecture.

wooooow u nvidiet i bet u thnk the 1080 is betr thn the 480 lelelelel xDDD jajajajaj

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Uh, no? Not even close? Nvidia actually has an efficient architecture.

Acts like NVIDIA hasn't fucked up before.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Acts like NVIDIA hasn't fucked up before.

inb4 3.5 geebees of vroom ram and le fermi