Is it worth to own a supercar?

oskar23

Does anyone know somebody who own Ferrari or Lamborghini? I am just wondering what this guys have to go through every day while driving these cars. I know there are plenty of people taking photos, touching car, asking questions or even saying something like "is it stolen, why dont you send money to Africa,  can I sit inside, can I drive" etc

Is it worth to have car like this?

If you have one, you certainly cannot daily the car. You'd have to buy a more subtle car to drive around on the streets so you aren't always bothered. A supercar would be a fantastic car to have if you lived in the hills or the countryside where you can drive without traffic. If you have a supercar and only drive it around heavily populated areas, I automatically assume you bought the car for attention and not pleasure. No one should own a car for attention.

I don't have a supercar, but those are my thoughts.

I would love to own one in future but people around are problem, If  Ibought one, I wouldn't want any attention at all. It's like being famous... you can't go to public even though you want. That's really sux.

dont worry op if you will keep playing games and wont do any work you will not ever get a supercar so no need to know about having one.

Would be an expensive daily as well. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

16 minutes ago, Illumination said:

dont worry op if you will keep playing games and wont do any work you will not ever get a supercar so no need to know about having one.

We have badass over here.

Don't you worry about me. First of all, I didn't say I want to buy one. Second, you can't possibly imagine how close  I am to get one if  I wanted..

14 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

It would be but that's not the point here.

7 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

if you can buy a supercar maintenance is no worry

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

23 minutes ago, okar said:

First of all, I didn't say I want to buy one.

Are you sure about that?

27 minutes ago, okar said:

I would love to own one in future...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

1 minute ago, Nuluvius said:

Are you sure about that?

Making sure people read and understand.

1 minute ago, okar said:

Making sure people read and understand.

Understand what exactly?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

2 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Understand what exactly?

If they understand me. Now, I don't know if  I wanted to own one or not. I just deny myself!

supercars are expensive af. most manufacturers wont even let you do proper maintenance, so you have to bring your car in to one of their shops and they will do it for you. expect something like a regular check up to cost in the 4 numbers.

also, they arn't meant to be practical at all, so dailying is out of the question (eventough it would be awesome to drive one everyday)

this doesn't mean owning a supercar isn't worth it tho. there are lots of regular people out there that have normal lives, and normal jobs, but also have a superformance gt40 or some other supercar sitting in the garage. in the end i think it would definitely be worth it. if you have the dream of owning one, and you have the willpower to really work hard and spend lots and lots of money on seemingly trivial things concerning maintaining the car, you should go for it. dreams arn't meant to be practical anyway, right? :P 

9 minutes ago, okar said:

If they understand me. Now, I don't know if  I wanted to own one or not. I just deny myself!

You are really not making any sense at all...

5 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

supercars are expensive af. most manufacturers wont even let you do proper maintenance, so you have to bring your car in to one of their shops and they will do it for you. expect something like a regular check up to cost in the 4 numbers.

also, they arn't meant to be practical at all, so dailying is out of the question (eventough it would be awesome to drive one everyday)

this doesn't mean owning a supercar isn't worth it tho. there are lots of regular people out there that have normal lives, and normal jobs, but also have a superformance gt40 or some other supercar sitting in the garage. in the end i think it would definitely be worth it. if you have the dream of owning one, and you have the willpower to really work hard and spend lots and lots of money on seemingly trivial things concerning maintaining the car, you should go for it. dreams arn't meant to be practical anyway, right? :P 

I mean for example Ferrari FF seems to be really practical car. Cost of owning car is not the problem. Dealing with jelaous or angry people is the thing. And this is my qiestion. Is it worth it?

Once I saw it I had so many questions in my mind

1 hour ago, okar said:

Second, you can't possibly imagine how close  I am to get one if  I wanted..

sure. if you would be, you wouldnt waste your time gaming and posting on some random technology forum about cars.

Who said I am gaming? Even if I still do or did before what's the problem?  I used to use forums for a long time and that's why I post here. I am just asking what people think about owning car like that. Is anything wrong with it? 

I make money on stock market so please don't tell me that " if you would be " because there is no " if "

It's worth it if you think it is worth it. There is no reason to buy a supercar like this over a simple car. The only reason to buy one of these over a normal car is to show off, so it's all up to the person buying it if it's worth it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

33 minutes ago, Illumination said:

sure. if you would be, you wouldnt waste your time gaming and posting on some random technology forum about cars.

Seems kinda judgemental :P just because most people here, including myself, couldn't afford a car like this, doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to.

And even still, what does it matter that someone games and posts on a forum? If you think that is fun, do it. It's called free time, you're free to choose what to do in that time.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, Minibois said:

It's worth it if you think it is worth it. There is no reason to buy a supercar like this over a simple car. The only reason to buy one of these over a normal car is to show off, so it's all up to the person buying it if it's worth it.

Well, a supercar would handle better and feel a lot more fun as long as you drive it in the right place. If you are living in a big city where it is stop-and-go traffic, however, buying a supercar would be just to show off.

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

You can think that way that you buy ferrari to show off.  All I want is other people to leave me alone. Some people just don't want any attention. Like famous people, They do what they love but on the other hand they have to deal with fans, run, hide and so on.. Same with cars. You buy one only for yourself and other people bother you. I am not open person and I don't want deal with any strangers. Maybe the only solution is to buy something like audi RS7. I love cars, I would love to own exotic one but I have to keep in mind that i am not alone on the streets.

6 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Well, a supercar would handle better and feel a lot more fun as long as you drive it in the right place. If you are living in a big city where it is stop-and-go traffic, however, buying a supercar would be just to show off.

I was in Monaco once (very small country in Southern Europe, right around the border of France and Italy) and you have a LOT of rich people there. Thus you also have supercars there (Aston Marton, Ferrari, tons of Porsches, Lamborghini, etc.) and I was just sitting there looking over a street (looking at some sweet cars). Anyways, there were a lot of expensive cars, one of them a Ferrari. When the light hit green, he reved up the engine (I think that is what they call it, not a car guy myself), went 0 to 50 KM/h (that's like 30 mph) in a second, making a ton of noise, just to get to the next traffic light, 50 meters from the last one.

That kinda sums up my thoughts on the whole showing off thing, it's barely worth it. You can just make yourself look like a tool and it's not even worth it in such a small city.

It's probably fun on highways though, always fun to see those cars fly past in the left lane :P 

6 minutes ago, okar said:

You can think that way that you buy ferrari to show off.  All I want is other people to leave me alone. Some people just don't want any attention. Like famous people, They do what they love but on the other hand they have to deal with fans, run, hide and so on.. Same with cars. You buy one only for yourself and other people bother you. I am not open person and I don't want deal with any strangers. Maybe the only solution is to buy something like audi RS7. I love cars, I would love to own exotic one but I have to keep in mind that i am not alone on the streets.

Yeah, that's just my opinion on it of course. And that is very much true with famous people, some want all the attention in the world, while some are just about the craft (whether that be an actor doing a role, an artist making music, etc.).

If you're going to get something very much exotic that is not common, you're gonna get stares and whatever. If you get a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. you will have people looking at you.

Something like a Porsche of Audi, IMO, is a bit more 'modest' in terms of the high class of cars. If you people know the car, they will look at it, but if they don't, they won't.

Either way, decision is up to you of course.

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I was in Monaco once (very small country in Southern Europe, right around the border of France and Italy) and you have a LOT of rich people there. Thus you also have supercars there (Aston Marton, Ferrari, tons of Porsches, Lamborghini, etc.) and I was just sitting there looking over a street (looking at some sweet cars). Anyways, there were a lot of expensive cars, one of them a Ferrari. When the light hit green, he reved up the engine (I think that is what they call it, not a car guy myself), went 0 to 50 KM/h (that's like 30 mph) in a second, making a ton of noise, just to get to the next traffic light, 50 meters from the last one.

That kinda sums up my thoughts on the whole showing off thing, it's barely worth it. You can just make yourself look like a tool and it's not even worth it in such a small city.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It would be useless in a city/populated environment. If you live up in the hills or have access to the hills or a track, though, I think it would be worth the money and would be an awesome free-time activity.

Would be hilarious AF if one were to Uber around in a SuperCar. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…