Best Standalone Headphones for ~$75

RadiatingLight

What are the best headphones to get for approximately $75.

I already have a microphone, and need some awesome headphones to go along with them.

I will wear these for hours on end while gaming, so comfort is equal to, if not slightly more important than audio quality, but I still want music, game sounds, and movies to sound clear and rich.

If possible, I would also appreciate durability, because I usually lightly toss my headphones down on my desk after use, and my previous headphones have died because of it

(ear cup fell off, & ear stopped working)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

9 minutes ago, Ardacer said:

have you considered these?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826468001

hyper X clouds original, beyerdynamic tech, very comfy and durable

I don't want a gaming headset.

I already have a standalone mic, and want headphones only - no microphone or extra gimmicks.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Phillips SHP9500

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

22 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

Phillips SHP9500

People rave about these. Definitely the one I would consider. 

System: Thinkpad T460

5 hours ago, Ardacer said:

Is that confirmed? I have not seen any evidence to that effect.

5 hours ago, Ardacer said:

5 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

I don't want a gaming headset.

I already have a standalone mic, and want headphones only - no microphone or extra gimmicks.

The Hyper X Clouds are actually Takstar Pro 80 headphones with a cheap mic attached to them. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I have heared on multiple places back in the day that they had beyerdynamic drivers inside, but apparently MyInnerFred is correct, they are based on beyer knockoffs, I'm guessing that's why the confusion in the first place. They are still awesome for the cash, mic or no.

Also mic is detachable!

13 hours ago, Ardacer said:

7 hours ago, SSL said:

3 hours ago, Ardacer said:

I have heared on multiple places back in the day that they had beyerdynamic drivers inside, but apparently MyInnerFred is correct, they are based on beyer knockoffs, I'm guessing that's why the confusion in the first place. They are still awesome for the cash, mic or no.

Also mic is detachable!

I believe the confusion comes from Qpad's headsets. The high-end Qpad QH-1339 has Beyerdynamic involved. However, the lower end QH-90 is based on the Takstars mentioned above, and Kingston re-badges the QH-90, not the QH-1339. They do look very similar though.

Senheisor HD 558s. You can get them for less than $75 with an amazon warehouse deal. Torn cardboard = savings.

23 hours ago, SSL said:

He is confused. Hyper X headsets are rebrands of Qpad headsets. Qpad had a gaming headset, the QH-1339, that they made in partnership with Beyerdynamic. It was a rebranded MMX300. The rebranded HyperX headsets have nothing to do with Beyerdynamic, though. They are rebrands of Takstar Pro 80 and Takstar HI 2050 Headsets. Easy to get confused though lol.

I have not tried but I heard that the status audio headphones are really good for their price because they have no brands... Which is actually a +1 for me :)