US government shuts down after Congress fails to pass funding bill

CyberneticTitan

There isn't one. They've just been very effectively brainwashed. If only McCarthyism had never happened the US might have a chance at some form of balance. It's sad that some people there who weren't even alive then are still afraid of the left-wing, and it shows how if you expose a population to propaganda for long enough, they stop seeing the stupid parts less and less and believe it more and more. I showed my parents a Fox News report on the Sandy Hook massacre and they genuinely thought it was some sort of sick parody. 

The news media are too busy blaming video games and gays to realize that the issues with the country stem from the fear they instill on the viewers. I am so opposed to the national news media, it's sick and biased.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I'm sorry to tell you Mooshi, but people in this country are HEAVILY brainwashed by propaganda. Sometimes they don't even know it. I think you're one of those. I'm noticing posters here from Texas seem particularly vulnerable to believing the problem is just as much the Democrats as it is the Republicans. That's not correct. The Democratic party is not perfect, but they're not the ones throwing wrenches into the gears, to then complain about the machine running poorly.

You'd do well to listen to perspectives of people living in other 1st world countries.

I know this is a little off the subject, but I have to know lol, How deep is the deep south for you? :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

What makes me lol is seeing republicans poo poo about how left obama and the democrats and whatnot are and how they're a step away from communism or whatever but in reality democrats are very very right wing, and republicans are EVEN MORE right wing.

I know this is a little off the subject, but I have to know lol, How deep is the deep south for you? :)

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The news media are too busy blaming video games and gays to realize that the issues with the country stem from the fear they instill on the viewers. I am so opposed to the national news media, it's sick and biased.

Good to know that the US government could just find anyone who don't trust/like their system with their superior supervision (which of course is only used to find terrorists), get a secret court order from a secret court and just let that person disappear in a secret prison. (much like the Gestapo in WW2). But what do expect from a country who has written 'In god we trust' on their banknotes ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Good to know that the US government could just find anyone who don't trust/like their system with their superior supervision (which of course is only used to find terrorists), get a secret court order from a secret court and just let that person disappear in a secret prison. (much like the Gestapo in WW2). But what do expect from a country who has written 'In god we trust' on their banknotes ...

People bitching about taking 'under god' out of the pledge and 'in god we trust' off the currency, they think it was always there. Nope it was 50's 'Murica propaganda and it has done nothing but give the US a false identity. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Yeah our politicians are so great we are the only west-european country still in a recession

HELL YEAH GO HOLLAND :D

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Obama has added more debt then all other presidents combined..Oh and i looked at his obama care for me in CA and its 247% more money a month for me then my previous healthcare..These idiots cant even run a goverment you really want them in your healthcare?Oh and don't forget at least when Bush was president we were a feared Superpower and weren't getting bitch slapped by Russia and Syria..And by the way 164 Democrats voted no on ObamaCare..

post-14027-0-03806500-1380698322.jpg

Thanx Obama

post-14027-0-29047700-1380698659.jpg

Obama has added more debt then all other presidents combined..Oh and i looked at his obama care for me in CA and its 247% more money a month for me then my previous healthcare..These idiots cant even run a goverment you really want them in your healthcare?Oh and don't forget at least when Bush was president we were a feared Superpower and weren't getting bitch slapped by Russia and Syria..

attachicon.gif1379452_404384123022077_1883765535_n(1).jpg

Feared as a superpower? Really? We are and were the laughing stock of the world. Bush was an idiot and knew nothing about economics or war. His cabinet ran the country though it didn't do any better due to all of the idiots. Not saying Obama is good or right but you aren't looking at the bigger picture.

Hail Sithis!

Feared as a superpower? Really? We are and were the laughing stock of the world. Bush was an idiot and knew nothing about economics or war. His cabinet ran the country though it didn't do any better due to all of the idiots. Not saying Obama is good or right but you aren't looking at the bigger picture.

We still attacked anyone that screwed with us..And OMG BUSH was right they did move the weapons to Syria like he said the whole time..I agree he was stupid but Obama Sucks..People are scared to disagree with him cause they are Racist..And Bengazi come on they don't care about american citizens but i am suppose to trust them with my health?

We still attacked anyone that screwed with us..And OMG BUSH was right they did move the weapons to Syria like he said the whole time..I agree he was stupid but Obama Sucks..People are scared to disagree with him cause they are Racist..And Bengazi come on they don't care about american citizens but i am suppose to trust them with my health?

moved the weapons to Syria, yet blamed Iraq and invaded...... Yeah sounds like a smart guy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Hail Sithis!

moved the weapons to Syria, yet blamed Iraq and invaded...... Yeah sounds like a smart guy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Still we were attacked and we reacted!!!Now we talk about it for 90 days while Russia's president flips off Obama on live TV and calls us Pussies..But hey i see your Rainbow so i know why you support Obama..I love kids who were 12 when Bush was president who act like they know.. :lol:

Still we were attacked and we reacted!!!Now we talk about it for 90 days while Russia's president flips off Obama on live TV and calls us Pussies..But hey i see your Rainbow so i know why you support Obama..I love kids who were 12 when Bush was president who act like they know..

I actually didn't support Obama and find it insane that you would make an assumption like that. The fact that I'm gay doesn't have shit to do with anything. All the intelligence pointed to Afghanistan and we still invaded Iraq.

Hail Sithis!

Obama has added more debt then all other presidents combined..

I don't like Obama either, nor the republicans, but that is just a lie by the republicans ;)

people still don't get how compound interest and/or exponantial growth work.

Neither the financial crisis nor the bank bailout caused the big holes in the budget, but rather those great wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and those massive tax cuts for the wealthy done by the bush administration.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

well im an american and all i can say is im buying a plane ticket to the UK

I love gaming,pc building,talking tech.

Republicans = out of touch with the people

Democrats    = out of touch with reality

Both out of their friggin minds aka same boat different names.

when they say shut down what exactly do the mean shut down???

no one is working ? the country flips over????? what happens

In the US, only Congress can choose where to spend money. If they can't agree on how to spend money before the old agreement expires, then they can't spend money until they come to an agreement. Some things are deemed "vital services" that don't lose funding, but the rest is frozen until a budget passes.

Good to live in the UK.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

North Florida.

I'm surprised this topic is still going..

At any rate, I do hope our government gets restructured because as is, it's not working. I hope we don't become a full blown nanny state like the UK.

If we haven't already.

North Florida.

Me to :) but I use to live in south florida down in Jenson Beach. You know some people I ask that say they live in the Deep south usually tell me the same place? "Goargia" LOL, and I tell them Goargia is not deep enough :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

that's the "ideal" that obamacare is supposed to be. if I don't have to pay for anything, why should I work?

because "obama care" is not free, if I were to apply for it there would a $750  down payment and a 240  per month (possibly less), the advantage is that there is not co payment or any other additional costs after I pay the down payment and I would only have to wait until the first of the year unlike say the last four months I have been to apply for other insurance.

so let me ask do you think I could afford that if I did not work ?

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Somebody can explain to me in short words what actually happened, because i'm too stupid to understand.

And what does this mean to US Citizens?

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][