Phil Spencer: We could have released Xbox codename Scorpio, but we want to make it better.

AlTech

Of course, next year it will still be underpowered for 4k.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Only thing I can say is that the end of 2017 is really close to the launch of Volta and another gen of AMD gpu.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

On June 16, 2559 BE at 9:09 AM, Linusinium said:

It makes sense to me, hardware is not there yet. A true 4K/60 PC can't be done yet unless you opt for a multi GPU setup. Consoles will likely target 4K/30 but it's still a tall order, especially when consoles have to fit certain form factor and pricing expectations. The form factor dictates power and cooling limitations, to fit a 4K/30 capable machine within the expected form factor, they have to wait. I'm assuming they are picking AMD to build it for them, they have to wait for next AMD's architecture to pull it off.

Yes it can if you turn off AA at 4K which is hugely unnecessary anyway. 1 1080 with a mild overclock makes most games go 4K 55-60 fps on very high settings.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Phil Spence: We could have released Xbox codenamed Scorpio, but we want to milk our consumers every single drop first.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

3 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Phil Spence: We could have released Xbox codenamed Scorpio, but we want to milk our consumers every single drop first.

Not sure I agree with you there. Would you rather that Microsoft release a subpar upgraded console with relatively minimal performance increases?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Not sure I agree with you there. Would you rather that Microsoft release a subpar upgraded console with relatively minimal performance increases?

Well, I like to play Forza games but I don't want to buy a consoles for that.

However, the main reason why I won't buy a console is because no official support for any keyboard and mouse

to play games with them. Unfortunately because of some disablity, I am not able to handle controllers.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Yep, plus the people who are going to upgrade will and those that won't won't, the time they release the thing won't affect that in any way.

The sole reason for the delay is the fact the hardware just isn't ready yet, Microsoft aren't screwing anybody over or trying to milk anything. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Well, I like to play Forza games but I don't want to buy a consoles for that.

However, the main reason why I won't buy a console is because no official support for any keyboard and mouse

to play games with them. Unfortunately because of some disablity, I am not able to handle controllers.

Forza is coming to PC! 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Forza is coming to PC! 

I know, but I said Forza games :P

The only Forza for PC is kind of a light version, not the complete if I'm not mistaken and I would have loved

to play Forza 4 and Horizon 1 and 2. But oh well, atleast GTA is for PC which I very like it. (Thanks to mods)

DAC/AMPs:

1 minute ago, CTR640 said:

I know, but I said Forza games :P

The only Forza for PC is kind of a light version, not the complete if I'm not mistaken and I would have loved

to play Forza 4 and Horizon 1 and 2. But oh well, atleast GTA is for PC which I very like it. (Thanks to mods)

Errrr, Forza Horizons 3 is launching for XB1 & Win 10 simultaneously :)

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Errrr, Forza Horizons 3 is launching for XB1 & Win 10 simultaneously :)

Yeah, Apex, right?

DAC/AMPs:

2 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Yeah, Apex, right?

Apex and Horizons 3 are different games. Apex is Forza 6.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I think it is funny that he is calling the Xbone a "1080p console" when it seems like every other game runs at 900p or similar resolution.

Obviously the longer they wait the better hardware they will be able to use in the new console, but I think this entire statements sounds a lot like "yeah we totally didn't expect Sony to upgrade the PlayStation, so now we have to come up with something that makes them seem like bad guys, while making us seem good".

It will be interesting to see which strategy pays off. Shipping an upgraded console soon, or wait longer and shipping an even more powerful console later.

34 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I don't agree that this sounds like Microsoft trying to milk customers, but the idea that they could only do a "minimal performance increase" this year is laughably wrong.

If we look solely on FLOPS (which is not a good measurement but let's go with it), they could have put in an RX 480 and made the new Xbone ~4.5 times as powerful as the current one. I would not call that a "minimal increase".

If they really think the Xbone is a "1080p console", then increasing the performance by 4.5x would make it a "4K console".

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I think it is funny that he is calling the Xbone a "1080p console" when it seems like every other game runs at 900p or similar resolution.

Obviously the longer they wait the better hardware they will be able to use in the new console, but I think this entire statements sounds a lot like "yeah we totally didn't expect Sony to upgrade the PlayStation, so now we have to come up with something that makes them seem like bad guys, while making us seem good".

It will be interesting to see which strategy pays off. Shipping an upgraded console soon, or wait longer and shipping an even more powerful console later.

I don't agree that this sounds like Microsoft trying to milk customers, but the idea that they could only do a "minimal performance increase" this year is laughably wrong.

If we look solely on FLOPS (which is not a good measurement but let's go with it), they could have put in an RX 480 and made the new Xbone ~4.5 times as powerful as the current one. I would not call that a "minimal increase".

If they really think the Xbone is a "1080p console", then increasing the performance by 4.5x would make it a "4K console".

They could indeed have put a RX 480 into it, but that would mean one of several things:

Custom made APU from AMD: Using Jaguar or Bulldozer based cores - minimal CPU performance increase

Separate CPU and GPU: Wouldn't be the first console to use this approach, but would mean larger PSU, more intense power requirements and cooling requirements

I think they are intending on going with a semi-custom Zen APU.

I do agree that they probably were caught off guard when they first heard about the Sony upgrade, but I believe they heard about it some time ago, and have rushed to start development once they heard.

I did chuckle at the 1080p console thing. In SOME games, XBO is able to provide 1080p30 and even 1080p60 in a few cases, but yes, there are quite a few "900p" games. Though personally I think that's more because devs don't want to compromise on graphics effects as much, so they compromise on resolution and framerate instead. Devs could easily have made every XBO game 1080p60, but the graphics details would simply not be as impressive.

19 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

also obligatory W10 and MS App store exclusive, cause fuck the OS you like and your store of choice (gog for me cause drm-free is amazing) 

Buy it, then download the inevitable cracked version via torrent, then send a letter to microshit telling them to fuck off with their shitty store that no one likes?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Buy it, then download the inevitable cracked version via torrent, then send a letter to microshit telling them to fuck off with their shitty store that no one likes?

is there already pirated uwp stuff? plus i don't think the uwp crap will run on W7

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

is there already pirated uwp stuff? plus i don't think the uwp crap will run on W7

No idea, but it will happen sooner or later.

23 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

also obligatory W10 and MS App store exclusive, cause fuck the OS you like and your store of choice (gog for me cause drm-free is amazing) 

Some people like Windows 10. No need to spread your vendetta against it

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

No idea, but it will happen sooner or later.

It won't. It's practically impossible Unless the developer puts it on a torrent site.

You never have access to the installation folder and can't do anything to it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

It won't. It's practically impossible Unless the developer puts it on a torrent site.

You never have access to the installation folder and can't do anything to it.

Tell me again why DRM exists then?

Oh right, because people pirate things. Or more likely, corporations are assholes.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Tell me again why DRM exists then?

Oh right, because people pirate things.

UWP was also designed to not be able to pirate things similar to Apple's Mac App Store

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

UWP was also designed to not be able to pirate things similar to Apple's Mac App Store

Then why the DRM?

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Then why the DRM?

That is part of it. the DRM ensures that you can't pirate it and stops you from modifying or accessing the source code or app folder

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

That is part of it. the DRM ensures that you can't pirate it and stops you from modifying or accessing the source code or app folder

In that case, I just won't buy it at all. No point to PC gaming if you can't modify the game.

At least in my opinion. Then again, I'm one of the few gamers left who absolutely could not care less about multiplayer, and honestly wish dev's would stop focusing on it, because it ruins games.

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

In that case, I just won't buy it at all. No point to PC gaming if you can't modify the game.

At least in my opinion. Then again, I'm one of the few gamers left who absolutely could not care less about multiplayer, and honestly wish dev's would stop focusing on it, because it ruins games.

Why would you want to though?

Modifying games is weird and only really works well with Minecraft but not with any other games.