Phil Spencer: We could have released Xbox codename Scorpio, but we want to make it better.

AlTech
2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

In that case, I just won't buy it at all. No point to PC gaming if you can't modify the game.

At least in my opinion. Then again, I'm one of the few gamers left who absolutely could not care less about multiplayer, and honestly wish dev's would stop focusing on it, because it ruins games.

I stand corrected. You can access the folder and modify files.

BUT the app won't open unless it was downloaded from the store.

It has to be launched within an App Container which the store provides.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Why would you want to though?

Modifying games is weird and only really works well with Minecraft but not with any other games.

Well it comes down to personal preference. Game modding has been a thing for decades - much longer than Minecraft has ever existed for. There are some rather damn impressive mods out there.

Some people don't care about mods and will never use them. Others will exclusively use mods. Most people sit somewhere in the middle.

UWP was never designed for the type of scenarios that PC Gaming encounters. It was mostly designed with user security involved. Prevent the user from screwing up the operating system, and prevent malicious code from spreading. Because those were the primary goals, a locked down nature was a side effect.

Same with any other well designed App type ecosystem.

The problem is now they need to support both. Which it looks like they will modify the UWP system into being more friendly for PC Gaming when needed. We'll see if they follow through with these promises of support.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Some people like Windows 10. No need to spread your vendetta against it

good for you, enjoy your religion :)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>