Microsoft introduces their XBox One Controller for PC

this makes the wireless dongle i had to buy for my xbone controller kinda useless.. in fact i barely use the dongle. i just have the controller connected via usb. seems battery life for the controller is janky at best 

Well, hopefully MS focuses more on PC in every way rather than XB and controller.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

25 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I recommend trying the DS4 controller, if you haven't. I thought he 360 controller was pretty bad, because the d-pad is partially useless, the ABXY buttons are stiff, the triggers feel cheap and sometimes start to squeak. The Xb1 controller felt better to me, but the d-pad still wasn't great on the one I tried.

I hate the tubular design of the DS3/4 it feels like I'm holding the cardboard centers to toilet paper rolls. The XB360 and XB1 controllers on the other hand are much more ergonomic and fit in the hand.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

1 minute ago, Doobeedoo said:

Well, hopefully MS focuses more on PC in every way rather than XB and controller.

At this juncture the Xbox is pretty much a PC in itself. :| ^_^

I don't see the Xbox going away but you could almost say that it is... from a certain point of view (its a stretch I know)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:
Spoiler

pqHsH.png

dafck.jpg

On the real though, glad Microsoft is showing more love to PC by merely mentioning PC more often than they use to. Like getting Xbox games etc aside, they sure have been on top of their PC promises better than they were like...the last 5 years of promises.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Bluetooth, the wireless protocol that always lost connection to my keyboard when I needed to type in my logon password?

Correct, but yours is broken, or just simply crap (poor range or lack power, so it is fight through interference). Get a better Bluetooth module. Or the keyboard bluetooth system is faulty. You have to use another bluetooth device to know which one is at fault.

40 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Correct, but yours is broken, or just simply crap (poor range or lack power, so it is fight through interference). Get a better Bluetooth module. Or the keyboard bluetooth system is faulty. You have to use another bluetooth device to know which one is at fault.

I tried multiple keyboards (rocketfish, dell, apple). Every KEYBOARD had issues, the bluetooth mouse never had issues. The bluetooth adapter was the one supplied with the rocketfish KB and I also tried a different dongle, same issue. 

Then it all went downhill...

https://youtu.be/2FLfv8RGPME

Unplugging the bluetooth adapter (even if nothing was connected to it) fixed the browser issues. Text documents, windows search, etc always worked fine.

Wait, you mean they haven't had a wireless PC adapter for the Xbone controller until now? wtf

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

2 minutes ago, Razarza said:

Wait, you mean they haven't had a wireless PC adapter for the Xbone controller until now? wtf

The one in the OP doesnt need a special adapter, its bluetooth

You'd almost think it's worth upgrading from my 360 controller, especially considering I already have a bluetooth adapter...

But then again, anything wireless sucks and runs out of battery when you need it :/

Oh and I don't use the controller that much anyway...

The USB port on my current Xbox one controller is worn out from always having a cable plugged in and my wired 360 controller has a dodgy lb button. I've been trying to work out what to replace them with so this fits the bill perfectly

38 minutes ago, ManIkWeet said:

You'd almost think it's worth upgrading from my 360 controller, especially considering I already have a bluetooth adapter...

But then again, anything wireless sucks and runs out of battery when you need it :/

Oh and I don't use the controller that much anyway...

I've been using wireless controllers on my gaming HTPC for years. It's simply a case of plugging the cable in once you're finished playing so it'll stay charged.

I'm happy with my current use of the dongle. If I was setting up my system now I'd probably go for the new Bluetooth option but the current adapter isn't an issue in any way.Maybe I'll get the Bluetooth one if my current pad eventually dies, or I've got enough money lying around one day to splurge on a Bluetooth Elite controller.

i bought an official 360 controller for pc once. played dark souls for a week. shield button broke after that.

never again.

I guess too many people are buying the DualShock 4 for pc instead. At least that works with bluetooth out of the box. With XBONE you need that stupid proprietary receiver to use it wireless on PC.

I personally like the DualShock 4 better, and will probably get that for my PC at some point.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

10 hours ago, l_zheng101 said:

You literally can just get the current Xbox One controller plug it in with the included cable and it works just fine. That's what I do. Why do they need a Xbox controller dedicated for PC? 

So more people wanting a wireless controller will consider giving MS money. I'm among those who bought a DS4 instead because it didn't require a proprietary adapter to use wireless (and the xbone pad had no such capabilities on PC until several months ago).

10 hours ago, Weak1ings said:

The title of the topic makes me hate it...  Using "there" instead of "their."  There is for location, not ownership.

And this topic is about a controller, not an English lesson. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

I don't see the Xbox going away but you could almost say that it is... from a certain point of view (its a stretch I know)

From my point of view the Jedi are evil! 

9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Bluetooth is kinda crap when you have many devices. Too many things use the 2.4 GHz band including bluetooth. It's awful. 

I personally experienced interference a lot with a wireless Logitech keyboard. I found if I removed all other sources of 2.4 Ghz frequencies solved it (or at least mostly if I recall correctly) 

Not interested. I am not ever going back to XBox controller. I find Steam Controller much better.

And the battery life on it is amazing. Only two AA batteries and they last me for two months easily if I play every day for several hours even with haptic feedback enabled.

But gyro is the main reason I never want to go back. It is such a great thing to have on the controller it is mind blowing how much it improves gameplay even for controller only games when set up properly.

42 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

From my point of view the Jedi are evil! 

Bluetooth is kinda crap when you have many devices. Too many things use the 2.4 GHz band including bluetooth. It's awful. 

I personally experienced interference a lot with a wireless Logitech keyboard. I found if I removed all other sources of 2.4 Ghz frequencies solved it (or at least mostly if I recall correctly) 

So then get the XBox One receiver, and connect to it via wireless instead of Bluetooth.

But most Logitech keyboard.mouse uses 2.4GHz wireless and not Bluetooth.

Logitech receivers are sadly, weak. I have mine placed with the provided extension cord, to the table. It also doesn't like USB hubs, so I can't even plug it behind my monitor USB ports.

Another problem with wireless receiver, is that the antenna signal send/receive has a shape. A cone shape outwards from the receiver. So if you plug the receiver at the back of the case, it really points at the wall, or desktop (which ever you have on the back of your case), so naturally, you'll get a crap reception. It needs to point at your devices.

That's pretty cool if that makes it compatible with the Steam Link. My aging DS3 are not working wirelessly with it and I don't like the DS4 that much. In fact, I've never owned a Xbox but I've always prefered their controllers so... I'll probably get one at some time :)

12 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Bluetooth, the wireless protocol that always lost connection to my keyboard when I needed to type in my logon password?

Dude, get a new keyboard? Or a new bluetooth module?

Either way, something is faulty there :P I've literally never had bluetooth issues (Of course, both of our data are entirely anecdotal, and therefore, pretty much useless for any statistical analysis).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

12 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

They're trying to make XB and PC coexist closer or merging them in some way, though it feels more leaning toward console. They could just make well packaged PC without custom hardware with W10 included and console mode UI on top as option. But I get that it's closer as far as hardware now using AMDs semi-custom SoC though.
So they plan UWA for both, but I hope they make it great and keep adding support, customizations and features what PC should have.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Not very interested, I don't play many brawlers and I have a wheel for racing games. Besides I'd never pay 70+ bucks on a controller.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I've had their USB wired XBone for PC controller for about a year now. I like it a lot.

Nice to see wireless support now, could be helpful for couch gaming.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP