Best campaign in a game

Pcinacan

What is the best campaign that you have played? I Dont have much to do over the summer so i thought it would be fun to go through a campaign.

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

I liked Tomb Raider's and Remember Me's

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, Aytex said:

if single player's count bioshock infinate

That is the only kind that counts 

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

i have heard that mass effect was good. Is it?

Edited by Pcinacan

1 minute ago, Pcinacan said:

i have heard that mass affect was good. Is it?

Easily one of my favourites.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Just now, Gale said:

Easily one of my favourites.

Oh ok, thanks 

4 minutes ago, Pcinacan said:

i have heard that mass effect was good. Is it?

mass effect is awesome
i finished mass effect a long time ago with importing my save game in each sequel
it's awesome, all of it. and the choices you make throughout the 3 games will catch up to you somewhere no doubt
it's like, you are the one who build the personality of the character and make that personality literally affect the whole world around you
if you're into strategy games i'd recommend Warcraft 3 and Warcraft 3: the frozen throne, awesome story and gameplay into the campaign
if you don't like the idea of playing the first and the second ones, then that would be okay since they were originally released on DOS and doesn't have much story into them,just hard strategy play

Just now, EvilNeo said:

mass effect is awesome
i finished mass effect a long time ago with importing my save game in each sequel
it's awesome, all of it. and the choices you make throughout the 3 games will catch up to you somewhere no doubt
it's like, you are the one who build the personality of the character and make that personality literally affect the whole world around you
if you're into strategy games i'd recommend Warcraft 3 and Warcraft 3: the frozen throne, awesome story and gameplay into the campaign
if you don't like the idea of playing the first and the second ones, then that would be okay since they were originally released on DOS and doesn't have much story into them,just hard strategy play

Would i be lost if i just played 3 or should i play them all?

Left for Dead 2 campaign was good along with battlefield 3,4

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Just now, GDRRiley said:

Left for Dead 2 campaign was good along with battlefield 3,4

I have played bf3, 4, and hardline adn i liked them

2 hours ago, Aytex said:

if single player's count bioshock infinate

Shit Game 

Instead choose from 

Bioshock 

Batman Arkham Asylum,  City, Origins   and Knight 

Metro 2033& LL

Resident Evil 4

Dead Space 1&2

Ass Creed 1,2, and Unity 

GTA IV and V

Sleeping dogs 

Wolfenstien TNO

Witcher 1,2,&3

EYE Divine Cybermancy 

Tomb Raider 

Dark Souls 1&3

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

For open-world story/action, GTA San Andreas, or Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

For RPG, Chrono Trigger, or Gothic 2.

For FPS, Far Cry 1, Duke 3D.

For driving / action, Interstate 76.

For 3rd-person shooter, Max Payne 3, or MDK.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

10 hours ago, Pcinacan said:

Would i be lost if i just played 3 or should i play them all?

honestly, i would feel lost if i had jumped into 3 directly
also from my experience, i wouldn't have been able to finish mass effect 3 without playing the other two, that's all i can say without spoiling any story events ;)
both mass effect 1 and 2 are totally worth it, good graphics awesome gameplay both improves over time

Might get flamed, but honestly CoD4 & 6 campains are really fun.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Bioshock series and Metro series

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

If you dont mind a bit older game, GTA Vice City was excellent.

Otherwise, Fallout 3 and 4 are good choices. I also really like Far Cry 3.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

+1 Far Cry 3 - one of my all time favorite campaigns. If you haven't played through it at least once, you are definitely missing out.

+1 Witcher 2 and 3

Doom is FUN.

And of course, Modern Warfare 1 and 2 were some of my favorite COD campaigns, after MW3 I have yet to finished a COD campaign . . .

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 : New Vegas are excellent, if you're playing them for the first time. Just going in some random direction to discover locations and do quests... kept me entertained for days.

Fallout 4 is good, but it just felt like an extension, the thrill of discovery was no longer there.

Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2 (+episodes) have excellent stories and long single player campaigns. Portal  games also have good single player (and they're funny).

If you're into adventure and puzzle solving games, Syberia and Syberia II have amazing game art and nice story, and relatively easy to solve puzzles (there's also Syberia 3 but didn't find it as good as the first two). The Longest Journey has somewhat more difficult puzzles (and some may not even make sense but there are walkthroughs if you're stuck somewhere) but the story was nice and at the time it came out it was an amazing product (came on 5 CDs or something like that, incredible at that time)

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons has a nice single player story (but can be played by 2 players at same time) but is short.

Cave Story+ is a nice platformer with pixel art, not so much of a story but quite diverse levels and a pleasure to finish it (at least for me). If you like these side scrollers/platformers you may enjoy Super Meat Boy as well (it's quite hard if you don't use game controllers)

Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite both have good long single player stories.

Indigo Prophecy ( now on Steam as Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered ) has an interesting single story as well.

Penumbra series ( Penumbra: Black Plague and the Requiem extension,  Overture, not necessarily in this order) is a great single player horror/thriller series with a bit of puzzle solving to advance in game. Made by the same guys that made the very horror Amnesia: The Dark Descent which is also good for single player. Here's the developer page for these games : http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Frictional Games

The same guys made SOMA which has a story with a surprising ending and the story gives you a lot to think about , you won't regret playing this game.

The Stalker series : somewhat crash prone games but very nice graphics especially if you install the STALKER SOC Complete  or STALKER Clear Sky Complete mods (which make the games very nice with superb weather, shadows, realistic skies, very good ambient music and effects that make monsters more scary ... I would say the mods are a MUST ) ... I consider S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky great. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat  is just OK in my opinion,  you may enjoy it (question of taste).

You may also enjoy  Trine , Bastion (good music and voice in game) , Transistor (great background music, OK story) , Braid (great time related mechanics) and 8BitBoy (mario like) , Thomas Was Alone  (simple design but entertaining and relaxing)

Older games...

Max Payne and Max Payne 2 are both good games with good single player. Third Person shooters.

The original Carmageddon ... great to waste time destroying enemies and pedestrians with your car.

Metro and Metro 2033 , nice shooters, somewhat linear but nice graphics.

Mirror's Edge : nice single player parkour/ running simulation, great choice for graphics for this type of game

If you're into turn based strategy, you may want to check Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and 4, both are excellent games but you'll probably enjoy them best if you learn a bit about the character races and their abilities in the games before playing, you can often lose a game just by starting a battle with the wrong soldier type.

12 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

Shit Game 

Instead choose from 

Bioshock 

Batman Arkham Asylum,  City, Origins   and Knight 

Metro 2033& LL

Resident Evil 4

Dead Space 1&2

Ass Creed 1,2, and Unity 

GTA IV and V

Sleeping dogs 

Wolfenstien TNO

Witcher 1,2,&3

EYE Divine Cybermancy 

Tomb Raider 

Dark Souls 1&3

How so? Bioshock Infinite is a fantastic game and it has 'Overwhelmingly Postive' reviews on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/8870/

26 minutes ago, The Web Doctor said:

How so? Bioshock Infinite is a fantastic game and it has 'Overwhelmingly Postive' reviews on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/8870/

It's a fantastic art exhibit, and a fantastic story, but it's like they didn't know what kind of video game to put alongside that. In terms of game mechanics, it's a very generic bullet-spongy shooter. I don't dispute that it's well-loved and successful, but it's not all that well executed.

Most games that work have positive Steam user reviews. :P

Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos and the expansion the Frozen Throne had great story campaign. 

Batman Arkham series has great story. Arkham origins being the meh of that group. 

Resident Evil 4 is another good one. 

7 hours ago, typographie said:

It's a fantastic art exhibit, and a fantastic story, but it's like they didn't know what kind of video game to put alongside that. In terms of game mechanics, it's a very generic bullet-spongy shooter. I don't dispute that it's well-loved and successful, but it's not all that well executed.

I have my reservations on the gameplay, but I also don't think the story is very good, it's a very simple story told in an unintuitive way, it's direction is fairly solid though. But there isn't really anything about it that I think is  good outside the sound track. 

7 hours ago, typographie said:

Most games that work have positive Steam user reviews. :P

And this 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Just finished Quantum Break a while ago. Really good story. Well paced and interesting. Plus a live action bit, which admittedly doesn't really add anything, that you can watch on youtube. However it only works well on graphics cards with robust support of DirectX 12 (read: not Nvidia).