If you could put $100 Billion towards any human pursuit, what would it be?

Virtual01
8 hours ago, themaniac said:

i would put 35 billion towards quantum computers, 35 billion towards space travel and keep the last 30 billion for my self to make my own (private)companies

EDIT: actually i would put all 100 billion towards my own companies to specialize in quantum computers, space travel, and anything else i fell like

Quantum computers are highly impractical (at least for now). They have to be almost absolute zero to function and even the slightest movement can disrupt its operation. However, there's an alternative that could come to fruition pretty soon: Nano-Biological Computing: Quantum Computer Alternative! - ColdFusion

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

I  would ask elon what he would do with a 100 billion ... cause i would only party ><

Let's agree to disagree

I would put it toward science education and creating a science literate society.

Unfortunately 100 billion dollars (I assume? Which currency? Pesos?) would be but a drop in the ocean for this.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

22 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

I believe that whether humans are accelerating climate change or not (the source of climate change arguments) is irrelevant. The climate has been changing since before humans, has changed during humans existence, and will continue to change after humans cease to exist. Therefore, I believe it to be necessary to build a climate control system for Earth. A system capable of actively controlling the climate to keep it in a human livable situation, otherwise, humans cannot be guaranteed indefinite survival (well, atleast until the sun starts to explode).

I would use the funds to start the system (I actually have a few ideas about the beginnings of such a system, that are nothing new really).

That'd be interesting.

I think the best use of most of the $100 Billion would be to maybe work on making certain bio-technologies such as artificial limbs and organs more affordable. Meaning that more people who need an artificial limb or organ wouldn't have to pay nearly as much to get that replacement.

Also funding space travel and science pertaining to the studies of the earth and other earth-like planets to potentially learn more about our own planet and or potentially discover other life. 

7 hours ago, Citadelen said:

$50b for Nuclear Fusion, $20b for Solar Energy, $20b for Space Mining and the remaining $10b for AMD. :P

Making Nuclear Fusion more usable would be impressive. Large amounts of energy with small amounts of materials.

But yeah I mostly agree with that.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Probably a secular humanist organization that promotes a true separation of State and Church worldwide.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, wcreek said:

Making Nuclear Fusion more usable would be impressive

There's a funny story about that. About 10 years ago Lockheed Martin departed on a project that would "put nuclear fusion in a mobile semi trailer". 3 years ago the head of that R&D department made a youtube video saying that they were very close, they only needed a system that could "control the intensity and direction of a plasma stream". About 2 years ago Lockheed Martin made a test flight of a fusion stream powered test satellite (designed only to test the fusion stream system). The test was reported as successful. Since that time, I have not been able to find any new information about either project.

hmmmmm....?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

removing borders and improving education and health systems

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think i would like to do everything i can to provide low cost housing to as many people as possible, homelessness and people barely surviving under the poverty line when we have certain portions of society trying to outdo each other with vulgar displays of wealth and power disgust me. 

A wait into the stars to find new planets to destroy.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

immortality

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

41 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

immortality

Biological or digital?

1 hour ago, Virtual01 said:

Biological or digital?

In between. Just freezing your aging (if it is possible) and adding a bit of digital but again hypothetically the biological section would always be able to overpower the digital section. kind of like a cyborg. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:56 PM, Virtual01 said:

If you could drop $100 Billion on anything you want related to driving humanity forward, what would it be? Assume the money would fund the worlds leading figures in whatever field you give it to. Try to be as specific as possible.

A few things.

1) Blowing up North Korea with Hydrogen Atomic Bombs

2) Upgrading all government computers and hardware.

3. Bribing Google and Snapchat to release apps for Windows 10.

4.Launching the ultimate Microsoft AD Campaign for Windows 10 Mobile.

5. Invest in shrinking GTX 1080 into a lower TDP to fit into HoloLens

6. mass produce said HoloLens with a MSRP of $2000 and produce over 100000 production units to begin with

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:54 AM, LOLZpersonok said:

Since you have to spend about $32,000 every day for 85 years to have spent $1 billion, you could go way further with $100 billion. First off, I'd have programs put into place in my country (it's not difficult to figure out where I live) that would eliminate poverty, and donate to various economic sectors (like tourism, film, high tech manufacturing) to diversify the economy so there would be more jobs. I would also invest money to make getting a good university or college education easier and more affordable. My college tuition for one course will be about $11,000 (far less than it can be in the US) and I have enough saved for two courses, but it's not that easy for everyone.

Secondly, I'd spend money in Africa so that the environment there could be improved and better used for farming so food is more readily available to its poorer population. I'd also have water purification systems installed where the impurities pulled from the water (like dirt and certain organisms) could be recycled.

Thirdly, I'd invest money in technology that could filter out the pollutants in the air on a large scale so they could be used in places like the big Chinese cities where the situation with pollution is quite bad. I'd also have many trees planted in the Amazon rain forests in South America, since apparently a lot of Earth's oxygen comes from there.

I would also invest money in clean electricity so we wouldn't have to rely on oil and gas so much. If I were in the United States, I'd lobby to have stricter rules put into place against oil and gas companies so that they can't have as much political clout as they do now (As far as I know, you can't lobby the government in your favour in Canada, at least not easily). Since Alberta is known for its oil sands, I would invest money into building clean alternatives to electricity produced by oil and gas and electric vehicles so that instead of oil and gas being our big business, it could be clean energy. That solar roadway idea that gained a lot of traction online seems like a good idea and I would invest money to have it implemented. Solar roadways could also wirelessly charge electric cars.

I'm not a super green environment freak (not that it's a bad thing), but I know that's what I look like here. However, most of these are some of the most serious problems we have to deal with now.

Or just buy loads of Boeing A380s in bulk purchases..........

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Split between buying SpaceX shares and using it as capital...

- snip-

This may sound harsh but I would use it to take over governments and try and unite the World as a whole and have one unified government so the world could tackle the issues as a whole and not as separate entity.