Censored swear words

TheDev

Censoring swear words in LTT Videos (Vote)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. get rid or stick with?

• Get rid of censoring
    • Stick with censoring
    • Turnip

The community standards around profanity will not change. We don't mind the odd word here and there but an excess use of it or using it to verbally harass someone is not acceptable.

59 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

The community standards around profanity will not change. We don't mind the odd word here and there but an excess use of it or using it to verbally harass someone is not acceptable.

totally agree with that, but I was meaning in LTT videos 

I lol'd when I heard Linus drop the F-bomb in today's video. I think occasional profanity is fine in LTTs, but we don't need Gordon Ramsay levels of swearing.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

12 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I lol'd when I heard Linus drop the F-bomb in today's video. I think occasional profanity is fine in LTTs, but we don't need Gordon Ramsay levels of swearing.

Had to

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

33 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

I feel like there is a difference between swearing and abusing someone and that your missing the point of the vote.  

Just my two cents.

I'm afraid to swear now because the overlords might hurt me. 

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

Had to

i would defiantly watch linus sebastian's hardware nightmares tips

As people pointed out there's a difference between swearing and abusing people. Censorship is unnecessary and abuse is easy to identify. 

Linus is my fetish.

1 hour ago, TheDev said:

i would defiantly watch linus sebastian's hardware nightmares tips

That sounds like a great idea, why the hell not!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Oh I just remembered how unfair I though it was when they censored (I.e. removed) the 'violent poop stories' thread. Everyone loves a good poop joke.

Linus is my fetish.

I swear and fucking abundantly at that. As a tip for some of us abroad, the moderators usually stick to an American sensibility i.e. I've only had posts deleted and such when using the c word which the british and australians use a lot more freely but americans view as more taboo.

Also lately, even in his most recent video actually, Linus says "fucking" quite openly and without reservations so I really dislike this "Nothing will change" position if it obviously becomes hypocritical for Linus to curse yet users on his forum being potentially stopped from cursing. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's fine in videos, as long as they don't swear too often and they are consistent with their censorship. In the past they sometimes did censor swear words and sometimes not (like I think shit was always censored, but damn was not).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

52 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I swear and fucking abundantly at that. As a tip for some of us abroad, the moderators usually stick to an American sensibility i.e. I've only had posts deleted and such when using the c word which the british and australians use a lot more freely but americans view as more taboo.

Also lately, even in his most recent video actually, Linus says "fucking" quite openly and without reservations so I really dislike this "Nothing will change" position if it obviously becomes hypocritical for Linus to curse yet users on his forum being potentially stopped from cursing. 

This reminds me - if someones from the UK and overly sensitive about swear words, they have never been outside.

Linus is my fetish.

I don't care either way. I personally don't swear, but I'm not bothered by other people swearing. I think that LMG should do whatever they feel is right.